There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Originally posted by animal:
Common...where's vince?
I'd take em for a short deal

We'd be better off keeping Alex Smith, less drama.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by animal:
Common...where's vince?
I'd take em for a short deal

We'd be better off keeping Alex Smith, less drama.

Vince has not matured as a qb.His personality also is very immature.I would not want him on the team at all! We are better off resigning Alex than getting Vince.

I would like to see him trade for Kolb and take a 2nd tier QB in the draft like Andy Dalton or Kellen Moore to develop.
Kolb or Orton
VY would be my 3rd choice
A Smith...the new Phoenix, rising from the ashes of Nolan/Singletary! What a great story line!

No?

How about...The new Lazarus--they though he was dead but...
Mcnabb!!! Who can use Westbrook better than him???

He would make our whole offense better!!!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Jeff Garcia

haha, that would be interesting. Wonder if he has anything left

Garcia
Johnson
Rookie
If they get a vet QB like Orton, is it insane to draft TWO quarterbacks in the same draft? I mean, they need them. Maybe one early in the draft, and one much later?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by B650:
Maybe Flynn from Green Bay.

This would be my #1 - sat and learned by behind an elite QB and has excellent coaching.
Originally posted by highwayone:
If they get a vet QB like Orton, is it insane to draft TWO quarterbacks in the same draft? I mean, they need them. Maybe one early in the draft, and one much later?

Pittsburgh drafted two QBs named Terry a number of years ago. Why not?

Edit-just looked and Bradshaw went in the 1st and Hanaratty in the 2nd.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 8, 2011 at 11:00:14 ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Josh Johnson

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1325808
Originally posted by cuhran:
My First Choice Would Be To Try Getting Kolb By Trading A Draft Pick.

2nd Option Would Be To Sign A FA...Example: Orton Or Mcnabb, Draft Cam Newton If He's Available At 7th And Let Him Grow Under Mcnabb...I Would Not Take Any Other QB With Our 7th Pick. I Think All Other Qb's In The Draft Are 2nd Rounders, Mallet Is Good But Did Not Like How He Moved In The Pocket. If We Cant Get Newton @ 7 I Say We Go For a CB Or DE And Draft A QB Like Kellen Moore Or Blaine Gabbert In The 2nd Round..........

If we draft Cam Newton at Number 7, I will lose all respect for Trent Baalke! Really...An overrated QB who has more rushing attempts than passing and is the 5th rated QB coming into the draft at the Number 7th pick. Hell no!!!! I say we Draft Peterson from LSU, the CB.....this QB class isn't that great with Andrew Luck out of the picture!
Originally posted by HarbaughEra49:
Rather then trading Denver for Orton why not try to give a 4th or 5th round pick for Quinn. Maybe Harbaugh could turn his career around and have him run the West Coast Offence? I think Orton is good, but Quinn might have more potential?

This! I have a feeling we will end up with Quinn. The last time a young Stanford coach brought in a Notre Dame QB... I'd say it turned out ok.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by highwayone:

Pittsburgh drafted two QBs named Terry a number of years ago. Why not?

Edit-just looked and Bradshaw went in the 1st and Hanaratty in the 2nd.

ya "a number of years ago" sounds a lot better than 40 some years ago. well played