LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

What Will Harbaugh Deliver in Season 1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Will Harbaugh Deliver in Season 1?

Originally posted by WildBill:
I caution niner nation not to cllimb to high, lest you set yourself up for a fall. I thnk the niners will be 9 win maybe 10 win team, but it will be a solid 9 win team.

However he will have to find someone he can develope. Very rare to get a Marino or Roth type player. Though I like Mallet, not at number 7. more like 15 at best. but the desperation for QB makes people reach like Alex.

If Harbaugh thinks Mallet is worth the #7 pick, I wouldn't question it. Harbaugh knows QBs a lot better than anybody sitting here posting on the webzone.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

a franchise qb!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm just hoping for a competent coach who can set things up so that the plays can get in on time, and knows how to manage a game.
First of all: I freakin' KNEW IT!!!

Now, will he deliver? I think so.
The best part, though, is now we have a plan on offense, a guy who knows how to develop a QB, and a new face of the franchise.

I'm pretty pumped. I haven't been this excited about the 49ers in what feels like forever.

Originally posted by susweel:
I refuse to predict anything until I see the final roster.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hope.

Speaking in numerical terms, I want to keep my expectations reasonable. With a good staff, I think we have a chance to at least go 8-8. It depends on the QB we get.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by susweel:
I refuse to predict anything until I see the final roster.

man you've been on point here lately

I've been watching film.

Lol
I think he'll go 7-ish wins. I think there's going to be a lot of turnover, and a lot also rests on the CBA agreement.

However, in the long run, I think we'll be ok.

-9fA
The sky is the limit. We competed with the best teams in the league with Alex Smith and Singletary. Its not like we weren't competitive. But predicting a record without actually knowing what the man is going to do is asinine.

The only thing we can do right now is contrast the personalities. Nolan and Singletary were "Mr. Perfect", they were like military generals.

Harbaugh seems different, he seems to have an edge. He doesn't just stick out his jaw and preach "toughness", "character" blah blah blah. Harbaugh was a quarterback, and a pretty good one. He knows the importance of that position. Out the door with the "tough guy" bulls**t; that is certainly going to help us.

• Pick6
  • Veteran
I think 8-8 is within reason, but a lot will depend on the roster, and more importantly the QB.

The division is so bad... there is a lot of potential if things fall right.
As has been previously stated, its hard to make any kind of prediction when we have no idea what's going to happen at the QB position. Harbaugh could have taken this year's team into the playoffs, but I think that Tomsula could have as well. This season was a joke, in terms of talent vs. results. I unfortunately think that Harbaugh would have been great for Alex Smith, who I still think has potential, but he needs to find a new team because the fans here hate him. I'm really not sure what kind of FA QB might be available who would be suited to the WCO, but I would like to see us pick up someone like McNabb and then use our first round pick on a QB who could learn under him much like Montana did behind DeBerg. In any case, the offense will have to learn a new system, so I don't expect much out of next year. I really don't mind though. I just want to see us headed in the right direction. This year was frustrating because we were talented but would just beat ourselves - bad decisions by the coaches and bad decisions by some of the players on the field. That's frustrating to watch. You can watch a team that goes 6-10 but looks to be playing well and just getting things into place and it looks a lot better than the 6-10 s**t pile that we left on the field this year.

Chris
9 win season NFC West = 5 win season AFC East
Orton will be the starting QB, I hope Vernon Davis and Crabtree both have 1,000 yard seasons. We will go 9-7 and win the NFC West. Even if all this doesn't happen I won't speak negative of harbaugh. It's not his fault Nolan and Singletary left him to work with a s**t hole
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Obviously a lot depends on our QB and whether the Yorks finally open their wallets to to spend all that money we have under the cap. I also believe we should be very aggressive and open to trading draft picks for proven talent. Like Brent Jones was saying on KNBR, I think it's ridiculous how teams hoard draft picks when most of these players never live up to expectations.

If we're stuck with some broken down vet like Hasselbeck or McNabb and don't make many upgrades at other positions, we may win this crappy division at 8-8 or 9-7 but I doubt we'll be a worthy playoff team.
Share 49ersWebzone