LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

What Will Harbaugh Deliver in Season 1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Will Harbaugh Deliver in Season 1?

Can't predict W-L record without knowing the rest of the staff and players we get in the FA market and draft. Also who do we keep and let go from the current roster will be a big factor in who soon we turn things around. Most importantly, who does he see as our starting qb?

If we go rookie, I predict we go 6-10 or at best 7-9.

If we go FA route (nobody decent here is avail) we go 7-9 or 8-8.

If we make a trade for a decent guy like Kolb we go 8-8 or 9-7. We'd have to give up alot to get this type of FA, likely a #1 draft choice or a #2 and a starter.

If we keep Alex, we go 9-7 or 10-6. Alex knows our players and has a chemisty built up with guys. Will improve greatly with a guy like Jim as his HC and playing under the WCO.
Originally posted by susweel:
I refuse to predict anything until I see the final roster.

man you've been on point here lately
This team had the talent to win this crappy division this year. And it is hard to imagione he won't be a lot better HC than Singletary. So winning the division & playoffs should be expected next year...if they get a QB that can play the WCO they want to install next year.
We got a pretty tough schedule next year but I don't see any reason why we can't secure at least 9 wins. We've lost so many close games to good teams. Harbaugh will win a few of those and we'll actually blow out a few teams next year, imo!
8-8, is what I'm hoping for. We have a tough schedule on paper, and there are too many questions to address. I think it'd be too much expecting any immediate playoff success. With that said, I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
Hate to burst the bubble, but it could go 'either' way. Harbaugh is going to install an incredibly sophisticated/advanced form of the WCO which many players won't probably fall into 'full' fluidity of for at least a year. (So it might be smart to keep Westbrook so he can help the kids along.)

But if the talent rides the ship and all the pieces work as a whole, I still see a 9 win season ahead of us.
Hope.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
With decent QB and a few DB's drafted we can be 9 - 7 and win the division. Anything more I think is asking too much the first year.

We would've been 9-7 and Divivsion Champs with victories in Atlanta, Carolina, and New Orleans.. So we do just that and sweep the division ..
If the division is anything like it was this season, which is possible, Harbaugh will have a winning record and the division will be ours.

Let's face it, the only thing this team lacked in terms of ability to win this sorry division was decent coaching. Jim Harbaugh knows football, he is a very good X's and O's guy and knows how to game plan for opponents. He can make proper adjustments when things aren't going as planned. If we had a coach that could do any of that, we would have had the division this season with at least an 8-8 record, but more likely 9-7 or 10-6. We dropped several games that even decent coaching would have won.

I know and understand the low success rate of college coaches, but how many of those college coaches were NFL players? Successful players at key positions, at that. Harbaugh knows how the league works. He played in it not long ago. He also has more experience at the pro level in the coaching ranks than those who have failed in the NFL after succeeding in the college ranks. I'm not saying he's gonna come out and own the league, but his experience and knowledge gives him an upper hand over those who have failed in the past after coming up from college.

9-7
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hope.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
as long as we see improvements week to week i will be happy, it also depends mostly on the qb thats going to come in whether its a rookie or vet. im not predicting playoffs but with our division its not out of possibility. Pete Carroll took a team with arguably less talent than ours in his first year as HC to the playoffs*.

Arguably?

Really?
I caution niner nation not to cllimb to high, lest you set yourself up for a fall. I thnk the niners will be 9 win maybe 10 win team, but it will be a solid 9 win team.

However he will have to find someone he can develope. Very rare to get a Marino or Roth type player. Though I like Mallet, not at number 7. more like 15 at best. but the desperation for QB makes people reach like Alex.
Hope. I'm not making predictions. I'm willing to be patient as well. I took him 4 seasons to get his program rolling in college. We're in good shape personnel wise in my opinion. Better than many of the other 2nd tier teams/non playoff teams. Hopefully we will immediately see a much better use of and coaching of our personnel on offense which should make us better immediately. It isn't unreasonable to think we can win our stinky division. A-lot will depend on what we are able to do to upgrade the QB. Be that draft, FA, or outstanding coaching. It would be nice to see our D be able to play with a lead once in a while. Then we could dial up some more pressure without worrying so much about the big play killing us because we need to hold a team to 10 points to win.
Share 49ersWebzone