49ers-Harbaugh Press Conference: 3:30PM PST

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by baltien:
Wow

Baalke with FINAL say.

As most GM's do. I don't see a problem with that. I'm just glad that we finally have a clearly defined chain of command.

Final over the 53-man roster? That's actually unusual. Most coaches have the final say over the 53-man roster.

I would ask what do you consider unusual? Most GM's that I know of have final say over personnel. Of course the big name coaches (Belichick comes to mind) are the exception here.

I'm pretty sure most coaches have final say over the 53-man roster. Now I know some may not have final say over coaching staff, etc... but it's rare that a GM in today's NFL has final say over the 53-man roster. Belichick is both a GM/Coach type. I'm trying to think of a current coach who doesn't have control over the 53-man roster ....

Ozzie Newsome, AJ Smith, Holmgren in Cleveland all have final personnel say.

I think most coaches have final say over who will start/play....but I would wager that personnel control more often than not rests with the GM.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
"I knew in my heart and my gut that the right decision was the San Francisco 49ers." - Jim Harbaugh

who are we drafting now

Who knows.. It could be anyone.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Tim Ryan.....what r u on?
who is tim ryan, get him out of the room!
I have to say it's kind of cool putting a voice to most of the Bay Area writers I read everyday.
Originally posted by Nes49:

What did he say???? Inquiring minds want to know
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for nooj.
Harbaugh cites accuracy as one the most important characteristics of a successful quarterback.
hahaha maiocco FTW!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
"I knew in my heart and my gut that the right decision was the San Francisco 49ers." - Jim Harbaugh

who are we drafting now

Who knows.. It could be anyone.

Andrew Luck
Obviously -- if were really going to run the WCO -- that's all on the QB baby.

I think he goes out and gets one in the draft. My guess is Mallet.
Originally posted by Nes49:

What did he say?
Wow

Baalke with FINAL say.

As most GM's do. I don't see a problem with that. I'm just glad that we finally have a clearly defined chain of command.

Final over the 53-man roster? That's actually unusual. Most coaches have the final say over the 53-man roster.

I would ask what do you consider unusual? Most GM's that I know of have final say over personnel. Of course the big name coaches (Belichick comes to mind) are the exception here.

I'm pretty sure most coaches have final say over the 53-man roster. Now I know some may not have final say over coaching staff, etc... but it's rare that a GM in today's NFL has final say over the 53-man roster. Belichick is both a GM/Coach type. I'm trying to think of a current coach who doesn't have control over the 53-man roster ....

Ozzie Newsome, AJ Smith, Holmgren in Cleveland all have final personnel say.

I think most coaches have final say over who will start/play....but I would wager that personnel control more often than not rests with the GM.

Well that's a good thing here - hasn't been that way in quite some time.
omg i love him already

"Qb is the most important position"
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Tim Ryan is an idiot. Why ask that question? Makes you hate media sometimes.

i know what a douche lol

What did he ask, I am watching with no sound hahahaha

along the lines "we're having this conference in SF but the 49ers are building a stadium is santa clara. so with BW being your mentor how do you feel about playing down in SC"
eeww hi pinkie is all f**ked up LOL