There are 177 users in the forums

Mike Johnson could be retained

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the only ones that should be keept is Tomsula, Rathman, Solari, & Brown IMO
  • dj43
One thing in favor of MJ is that Harbaugh did not have a separate QB coach at Stanford. JH was the QB coach. He won't have time to do that AND call offensive plays AND be the HC for the 49ers. MJ should at least have a shot at QB coach if not OC.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope not, we need to get rid of all the Sing's assistants.

rathman and coach T included?
I don't know about MJ...but, I do hope Harbaugh retains Tomsula above all others...and makes him his DC. I think he can do a lot better than Manusky, I really do. Would also like to see Rathman stay on. Not sure about Solari and Brown...I think they might deserve a 2nd season so we can see how much the rookies learned their 1st year. If not, Tom Cable's available...he's a pretty good OL coach. If Carolina's smart, they might also want to think about him to replace Fox.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Rathman can stay, I dont give a rats ass about Tomsula.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't know about MJ...but, I do hope Harbaugh retains Tomsula above all others...and makes him his DC. I think he can do a lot better than Manusky, I really do. Would also like to see Rathman stay on. Not sure about Solari and Brown...I think they might deserve a 2nd season so we can see how much the rookies learned their 1st year. If not, Tom Cable's available...he's a pretty good OL coach. If Carolina's smart, they might also want to think about him to replace Fox.

When Cable was the OL coach of the Raiders, their OL sucked.
Originally posted by dj43:
The one game JH will be reviewing will be the plays Johnson called in the AZ game. That was the only game he was fully free from Singletary and the play calls and sequencing were dramatically different than previous games.

... and if that's the case, then JH will see the type of QB he will be hunting for.

Could it be? That JH will give everyone's best pal a call and see if he wants to play for him?

[ Edited by oldman9er on Jan 7, 2011 at 14:15:51 ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Rathman can stay, I dont give a rats ass about Tomsula.

the dline has been the best unit on the D why give up on a good coach
I will be watching with interest to see whom JH picks as his assistants. I expect him to make smart decisions, not like Singletary. JH might want to keep 1-2 for continuity.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
The one game JH will be reviewing will be the plays Johnson called in the AZ game. That was the only game he was fully free from Singletary and the play calls and sequencing were dramatically different than previous games.

... and if that's the case, then JH will see the type of QB he will be hunting for.

Could it be? That JH will give everyone's best pal a call and see if he wants to play for him?

Harbaugh had a lot of up and downs in his pro career. His perspective on the QB situation might be a lot different than that of your average fan.

Now that we got our head coach i wana see which experienced coordinators he is gonna bring in with him.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:

Harbaugh had a lot of up and downs in his pro career. His perspective on the QB situation might be a lot different than that of your average fan.

Although the offensive performance was excellent against AZ... its not exactly the best example since the niners were the only guys that actually cared for some reason. AZ absolutely gave up.
Fangio was Harbaugh's DC at Standford and has 23years experience as DC in the NFL and its rumoured that he'll follow Harbaugh to the Niners.

I like Manusky but would be happy with Fangio too.
  • dj43
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Although the offensive performance was excellent against AZ... its not exactly the best example since the niners were the only guys that actually cared for some reason. AZ absolutely gave up.
Harbaugh will not be looking at the results as much as the game plan, the plays called and the sequencing. In so doing he will get a good idea about Johnson's ability.
no.
Share 49ersWebzone