LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

All this talk about HC...who will be our QB??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for tondiman.
Well we won't have to pray to pick up a tom brady, cause we have a coach that should be able to actually do his job. Non great qb did what he did ithout great coaching.
i'm so much more relaxed and excited to be a niner fan now..
GO GET KOLB
I wanna see what Harbaugh can do with Smith.
Originally posted by hklar17:

I wouldn't care. Have to say I trust whoever Harbaugh retains/brings in.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dj43:
We can be sure that the first order of business for Harbaugh after he settles his staff will be to make a decision on how to proceed for a QB this season. While we may never hear about it, his first call will be to Alex Smith.

As we have all learned in our analysis of the available QB names, Alex Smith is at or very nearly at the top, of available QBs. So while I have been predicting for weeks that Smith would not consider coming back, Harbaugh is the one guy that could convince both Alex and the fan base to come back. He would clearly be better than anyone else that would not cost a draft pick.

This team has major holes to fill that are best filled by high draft choices. To have to give up a 1st for Kolb or a 2nd for Orton would slow the process.

His first order of business will be to hire a staff, then watch film on Alex Smith and talk to people like Johnson.

I really really hope he sees something in Alex and gets him.

I'm glad Harbaugh is there to make the call.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

I feel the same way too, just a lil curious since we have a real coach now that can develop a qb. I really wanna know his take on the QB position. Most likely he will want to bring in his own guy.

we've been screwed over for 8 looooong years with incompetent coaches....and your just going to TRUST WHOEVER this unproven coach brings in?!??!!?

SO AM I!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO GO FRIGGIN NINERS!!!!!!!!

we've been screwed over for 8 looooong years with incompetent coaches....and your just going to TRUST WHOEVER this unproven coach brings in?!??!!?

Would love to get Orton if he is available, for a year or two. Mallett in the draft at 7.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Josh Johnson... could be had cheap.
Originally posted by rwkellett3:
Would love to get Orton if he is available, for a year or two. Mallett in the draft at 7.

No QB in this draft is worth a top 10 pick.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Josh Johnson... could be had cheap.

Agreed. And as i posted probably way too many times, he knows Harbaughs system, he is young (24), and a good size at 6'3 205lbs (he could probably use a cheeseburger or 2 though). He will come cheap.
Jim Harbaugh. He's the best QB on the team right now.
Kyle motherf**king Orton or VY
Share 49ersWebzone