Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Harbaugh?

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Nope
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Nope

who do you want
Kind of but whose to say he will be a successful NFL coach. Maybe Hue Jackson would be better. Who the fuk really knows. At least there are a few solid options.
Not for $8M. I seriously can't believe the Dolphins are stupid enough to pay this guy more than Belichick when he has not even coached an NFL game yet. That is just ridiculous. How do we know this guy is not the next Spurrier, Saban or Petrino?
Originally posted by Pick6:
for 6.5m yes... anything above that - no

Originally posted by duncansd:
Not for $8M. I seriously can't believe the Dolphins are stupid enough to pay this guy more than Belichick when he has not even coached an NFL game yet. That is just ridiculous. How do we know this guy is not the next Spurrier, Saban or Petrino?

+1

And what happens if he is? If he flames out after 2 seasons and we still are on the hook for another 20+ mil, what kind of coach do we get at that point? This could be as crippling as a 1st round draft pick fizzling out. He could be great, but to make him the highest paid NFL coach NOW, that seems crazy!
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Originally posted by duncansd:

+1

And what happens if he is? If he flames out after 2 seasons and we still are on the hook for another 20+ mil, what kind of coach do we get at that point? This could be as crippling as a 1st round draft pick fizzling out. He could be great, but to make him the highest paid NFL coach NOW, that seems crazy!

This.... GRUDEN!
I like em but I also like Gruden! Why not throw the offer his way?
Originally posted by brhokla:
I like em but I also like Gruden! Why not throw the offer his way?

My opinion is that anyone who looks seriously at this job will be taking it as a distant 2nd choice. Not only will that person have to deal with that but also the backlash from the fans who were all on Harbaughs nuts...
not over the price of 7 million

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I agree. People don't understand, the bar gets set higher all the time. Just like Nate, now his contract isn't such a big deal. But if Pete Carrol got 6.5 then he set the bar at that. Keep in mind JH against him won 3-4 so I'd say he's better head to head. Especially since PCs teams were better. So you might have to give him more. $7m sounds fair.

People don't care how the #1 pick gets more and more money every year. This is no different.
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I agree. People don't understand, the bar gets set higher all the time. Just like Nate, now his contract isn't such a big deal. But if Pete Carrol got 6.5 then he set the bar at that. Keep in mind JH against him won 3-4 so I'd say he's better head to head. Especially since PCs teams were better. So you might have to give him more. $7m sounds fair.

People don't care how the #1 pick gets more and more money every year. This is no different.

I understand the reasoning, but you have to remember, Pete Carroll has been here before and had some success. He's been to the playoffs before and has won a game. I believe he even may have had a winning record as a HC before he came back with the Seahawks. Harbaugh is TOTALLY unrpoven. I'd say a reasonable offer wold've been around what Carroll is making now and if Harbaugh walks, move on.

However, if he signs with Miami, that would tell us a lot about the Dolphins and this new ownership, Carl Peterson, and Jim Harbaugh.

It's seems sacrilege, but I wish we could lure Parcells to the 49ers. Highly unlikely though.
  • titan
  • Veteran
yes! but for the right amount of $$$.
I do but not at all costs. He is NOT worth top 5 coach money at this point.

But I'd be behind our front office making him top ten (at least more than Carroll because f**k the Seahawks), with a few escalator clauses sprinkled in with incentives for getting us into the postseason.
At this point I don't even care. I just want this franchise to stop looking so damn foolish.
Share 49ersWebzone