There are 264 users in the forums

Just before HIS decision, whats YOUR prediction?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Just before HIS decision, whats YOUR prediction?!

Originally posted by SS2K8:
I'd be shocked if Luck went back for one more year without being told by Harbaugh that he was going back to stanford

Yeah I think Stanford makes the most sense. I'd be beyond shocked if Harbaugh and Luck weren't communicating about this.
49ers Baby!

He's had a month to think about his job opportunities and I think he decided the 49ers would be the best option for him and his family.

Stanford's new offer and Luck staying in school has given him some food for thought, but if he goes to the NFL he's going with the Niners.

Miami's treatment of Sparano probably did them in.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I have no idea what the hell is gonna happen anymore...

I narrowed it down to Stanford and SF, and I think ultimately he will be making an NFL/College coaching decision... I can't see either decision being short term.

So I am holding out hope for SF... maybe he just needs a little more cash.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Hardball stays with Stanford.

I guess it makes the most sense now. But I'm not sure why? Pass up $7 Million - $8 Million / year...

Because the Phins fugged up and rushed into it with a classless move.

yep. Harbaugh didn't want his character brought into question... miami really fugged up.

And Harbaugh would've been a idiot to go to that division, playing the Jets and Pats twice a year. When he could look like a king in the weak ass West.
Originally posted by Pick6:
I have no idea what the hell is gonna happen anymore...

I narrowed it down to Stanford and SF, and I think ultimately he will be making an NFL/College coaching decision... I can't see either decision being short term.

So I am holding out hope for SF... maybe he just needs a little more cash.

It's probably SF or Stanford at this point. I would guess Stanford. It's hard to picture Denver...
I think all this has just earned him a raise from Standford. He will stay there at least another year.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I think all this has just earned him a raise from Standford. He will stay there at least another year.

I think I would lean 70% / 30% he's staying at Stanford vs. all other possibilities at this point. They must have loaded a Brinks Truck to bring him back... Plus I can't believe him an Luck haven't been talking about this.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't even know. I never thought this was gonna be a circus like this. Harbaugh is unpredictable. I think the niners made a fair and reasonable offer. The way I view Harbaugh right now is he is the Brett Favre of coaching. A good talent but acts like a diva. In the end I believe he stays in the Bay Area either at Stanford or with the 49ers. I just don't see how he thinks he can be successful in the AFC East with the Pats and Jets there.

It is these type of statements that bug me. If he's worth 8 million dollars and is the savior of our organization, shouldn't he be able to jumpstart a miami team that won the division a few years ago? I don't want a head coach that's just "good enough", we need someone that's going to fck s**t up (good way) in the NFC west.

I know what you are saying. To clarify what I meant was that Miami waqs in a situation like us where they have QB issues and problems getting the offense going. That division is alot tougher with the Pats and Jets in it. I just didn't think he would be successful in turning the team around in that division in a short period of time. Ross stated he wants the Dolphins to be a flashy team like the Lakers with celebrities going to their games and wanted to use Harbaugh as a "trophy coach" for his flashy team.

With the 49ers its a different story. The division is weak and we have alot of draft picks he can use to build talent on a team that already has a descent amount of talent on it. Its not out of the question he would be able to make a quick turnaround with the 49ers. I just didn't see it with the Dolphins.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i think all of you are forgetting a major detail

if he signs with the 49ers he coaches in the weakest division in the NFL

if he signs with the dolphins hes in one of the hardest

the biggest notion of college to pro coaches is that they usually dont have the same if any success....i think being the competitor he is that will have a bigger effect than money

---still not sure he lands with us tho

on a side note...(joke >>>>) head coaches have been traded in the nfl...[b]since he technically is still employed by Stanford cant we trade haralson, rachal, and our qb depth chart for harbaugh[/b]

what the hell are you TalkinBoutWILLIS?

it was a joke....apparently not a good one
STANFORD

49ERS 49ERS 49ERS
LOL Clemson! Random.
As wishy washy as Harbough seems to be, maybe the title of this tread should be "Before HIS decision" instead. Nothing "Just" about it.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
As wishy washy as Harbough seems to be, maybe the title of this tread should be "Before HIS decision" instead. Nothing "Just" about it.

He's kind of getting like Favre... Just make a decision and go with it and STICK with it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

He's kind of getting like Favre... Just make a decision and go with it and STICK with it.

Maybe we should send Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, and Vernon Davis to go kidnap him.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Jan 7, 2011 at 01:06:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone