LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Just before HIS decision, whats YOUR prediction?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Just before HIS decision, whats YOUR prediction?!

I think the miami fire is burning out. I think he go's to the greatest sports team in the history of the universe. the 49ers!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Manusky will be our next HC.

Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i think all of you are forgetting a major detail

if he signs with the 49ers he coaches in the weakest division in the NFL

if he signs with the dolphins hes in one of the hardest

the biggest notion of college to pro coaches is that they usually dont have the same if any success....i think being the competitor he is that will have a bigger effect than money

---still not sure he lands with us tho

on a side note...(joke >>>>) head coaches have been traded in the nfl...since he technically is still employed by Stanford cant we trade haralson, rachal, and our qb depth chart for harbaugh

what the hell are you TalkinBoutWILLIS?
He stays in the Bay Area, probably with the Niners. He would like to stay with Stanford one more year, but then the Niner job would be filled. He has to take it now if the money can be close.

Time has passed and there have been no statements, nothing definitive that we know about. If it was "just" $4,000,000,000 (!), then it would be done and announced by now.

Stanford and Denver jumped in, likely knowing that there was no done deal in Miami at all and that they had a legit chance.

In the end, the Yorks have to have a family meeting and Mums and Pops don't want to see Jeb villified and reluctantly authorize more money. Probably incentives rather than straight cash to make themselves feel better about it.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i think all of you are forgetting a major detail

if he signs with the 49ers he coaches in the weakest division in the NFL

if he signs with the dolphins hes in one of the hardest

the biggest notion of college to pro coaches is that they usually dont have the same if any success....i think being the competitor he is that will have a bigger effect than money

---still not sure he lands with us tho

on a side note...(joke >>>>) head coaches have been traded in the nfl...since he technically is still employed by Stanford cant we trade haralson, rachal, and our qb depth chart for harbaugh

what the hell are you TalkinBoutWILLIS?

LOL I think Stanford rejects that trade even if you give ALL of those players 4 more years of elligibility...
niners should increase the offer to 7 mil a year
They don't even have to make it 7 mil harbaugh is looking for a deal at 6.5 mil we only have to offer another 1.5 mil and were giving him total control of the organization we would hav him sold other than the millions Stephen Ross is throwing at him but he would get what he wants with us and not have to move and all other signs point to this being a good thing
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Pick6:
I think its here or Stanford. I really think he wants to stay in the bay area AND I think all the backlash about how Miami handled this situation made him nervous. The money might have been enough to convince him to move but all the negativity may have been a little too much.

I am just ready for this to be over.

So you subscribe to the theory like other WZers I see that $4.5 Million / Year in a high taxed state > $8 Million / Year in a tax free state?

no. i subscribe to the theory that the 9ers final offer is/will be closer to 6.5m and that is enough to keep JH in the bay area.

Money is not everything... Miami put a lot of people/coaches off with the way they handled this... I think Harbaugh is taking EVERYTHING into consideration. I will be surprised if he goes to Miami.

so you still think hes going to Miami?...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Hardball stays with Stanford.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I guess it makes the most sense now. But I'm not sure why? Pass up $7 Million - $8 Million / year...

I guess it makes the most sense now. But I'm not sure why? Pass up $7 Million - $8 Million / year...

money isnt everything to some people
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Because the Phins fugged up and rushed into it with a classless move.
Stanford.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran

Because the Phins fugged up and rushed into it with a classless move.

yep. Harbaugh didn't want his character brought into question... miami really fugged up.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
I'd be shocked if Luck went back for one more year without being told by Harbaugh that he was going back to stanford
Share 49ersWebzone