LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Just before HIS decision, whats YOUR prediction?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Just before HIS decision, whats YOUR prediction?!

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
niners. not even worried about it. it will happen.

if it doesn't i'm going to spam your PM box with valrod gifs
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
niners. not even worried about it. it will happen.

if it doesn't i'm going to spam your PM box with valrod gifs

me too please
Well considering the Fins have had like 6 coaches in like 8 years my brain tells me the Fins might not be the best place to be. They fire a Head Coach every 15 months or so.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I think its here or Stanford. I really think he wants to stay in the bay area AND I think all the backlash about how Miami handled this situation made him nervous. The money might have been enough to convince him to move but all the negativity may have been a little too much.

I am just ready for this to be over.
$8.0 Million / Year and a TAX FREE STATE with Miami. No choice there. That's a no brainer...
One of the recruiters on the forum here again. I think he will go back to Stanford with Luck for one more run, but if he decides to go pro I think a lot of it will come down to the wife. I have had countless deals go south that were perfect for the candidates with increases in comp from 30-50% and the wife killed the deal.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
$8.0 Million / Year and a TAX FREE STATE with Miami. No choice there. That's a no brainer...

So if you were given an opportunity to move to Miami for a little more money, you'd go? Is it really that easy? I'd take less money to stay in the Bay Area personally. I think it has more to do with the 49ers front office than money.
Originally posted by Pick6:
I think its here or Stanford. I really think he wants to stay in the bay area AND I think all the backlash about how Miami handled this situation made him nervous. The money might have been enough to convince him to move but all the negativity may have been a little too much.

I am just ready for this to be over.

So you subscribe to the theory like other WZers I see that $4.5 Million / Year in a high taxed state > $8 Million / Year in a tax free state?

Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't even know. I never thought this was gonna be a circus like this. Harbaugh is unpredictable. I think the niners made a fair and reasonable offer. The way I view Harbaugh right now is he is the Brett Favre of coaching. A good talent but acts like a diva. In the end I believe he stays in the Bay Area either at Stanford or with the 49ers. I just don't see how he thinks he can be successful in the AFC East with the Pats and Jets there.

It is these type of statements that bug me. If he's worth 8 million dollars and is the savior of our organization, shouldn't he be able to jumpstart a miami team that won the division a few years ago? I don't want a head coach that's just "good enough", we need someone that's going to fck s**t up (good way) in the NFC west.

There is political pessimism, moral pessimism, cultural pessimism, etc. You sir, are the founder of sports pessimism.

You are probably right though.

Originally posted by B650:

So if you were given an opportunity to move to Miami for a little more money, you'd go? Is it really that easy? I'd take less money to stay in the Bay Area personally. I think it has more to do with the 49ers front office than money.

$8 Million / Year and a tax free state is damn near double when compared to $4.5 Million and a high taxed state.

That's a no brainer. It's millions of differnce per year and mega millions of difference over the life of the contract.

We aren't comparing $50,000 to $53,000 here... Where you could stay where you want to be. Who said he has such allegiance to the Bay Area? He's lived in Michingan in his life, Chicago, Indy etc. He's followed his opportunities in life. The Bay is hardly the only place he can be.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 6, 2011 at 18:58:46 ]

$8 Million / Year and a tax free state is damn near double when compared to $4.5 Million and a high taxed state.

That's a no brainer. It's millions of differnce per year and mega millions of difference over the life of the contract.

We aren't comparing $50,000 to $53,000 here... Where you could stay where you want to be. Who said he has such allegiance to the Bay Area. He's lived in Michingan in his life, Chicago, Indy etc. He's followed his opportunities in life. The Bay is hardly the only place he can be.

stop quoting wrong information
Originally posted by jreff22:

We aren't comparing $50,000 to $53,000 here... Where you could stay where you want to be. Who said he has such allegiance to the Bay Area. He's lived in Michingan in his life, Chicago, Indy etc. He's followed his opportunities in life. The Bay is hardly the only place he can be.

stop quoting wrong information

Such as?
  • B650
  • Veteran

That's speculation. Realistically, the difference is probably a million or two max. All I'm saying is that maybe it's not all about money. He has a wife and kids, and plus, Miami has no QB and they're not picking high enough to get one. There's other factors involved here, even if there's more money to be had in Miami. Luck just turned down $50 million to go back to Stanford.
If he goes to Miami, I want him to HIRE Mike Singletary as his DC
Share 49ersWebzone