LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

This post got me thinking...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
got it from a 49ers message board on espn

Topic - Niners being played again??

eman11eman Post #1: Jan 5, 7:21 pm - First of all, like you all I want my niners to get a good coach (harbaugh?) and to be a dynasty again!! But I think we have some serious mismanagement so far by Jed. He promises to do extensive GM search, ending with predictable Baalke. Baalke was supposed to deliver Harbaugh. So many leaks about baalke and Harbaugh came out, either Jed running his mouth or Harbaugh setting the niners to outbid themselves. Now miami jumps in offering top money!! It is possible that we end with without Harbaugh and less sexy GM in Baalke. If baalke was hired because he was approved by Harbaugh, then have him sign already! All this just reminds of when we got played bu Kurt Warner to get himself more money from Arizona... Only time will tell if we can come out of this on top

supermanram Post #2: Jan 5, 7:26 pm - Yeah its starting to feel like it agian. Time will tell though. Hopefully he has his heart set on being a niner

lleclair2005 Post #3: Jan 5, 7:28 pm - Man I hope we don't get played...the Dolphins reek of desparation by flying across the country to offer top dollar. If Harbaugh is all about the cash (can't blame him his stock is at an all time high) then the price of tea just jumped to 8-9 mill per year to get him. I hope to hear some good news....and soon.

Link

[ Edited by VDSF on Jan 6, 2011 at 02:17:31 ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I just can't take this front office seriously until something drastic happens. Like john York getting fired
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I just can't take this front office seriously until something drastic happens. Like john York getting fired

Yeah owners get fired all the time.
Forget Jim Harbaugh!! Let the Miami Dolphins over pay again for an unproven big time college football coach, just like when they signed Nick Saban a few years back.I'm telling you we dont need to over psend for a guy who may or may not fit our teams needs as a coach.Bring in Brian Billick or Mike Mularkey or anybody who is proven himself in the NFL before!!
Hue Jackson...come on down!
I don't care what they spend! Not my money and it does not have anything to do with the teams yearly salary cap. Team has pretty much sucked for 8 years in a row. We need something big, we need an impact coach.

My thoughts are, put your money where your Mouth is JED!!!!!! Or shall I say, put your parents money where your mouth is!

I don't know, I mean, MIA is acting like a desperate team and we don't know the advice Jed got around the league about Baalke. Hell, Parcells could have over ruled anything the Pats advised about a GM by standing firmly behind Baalke. Now take into account what Baalke has done since becoming the GM and you really can't blame him.

Now comes this Harbaugh situation. It appears to me that Jed is being level-headed with this thing and not drooling all over Harbaugh as is MIA.

Why isn't there any talk about Jed getting the go ahead from Harbaugh to be allowed the final offer once Harbaugh has talked with which ever team wants him?

There's so much speculation to the negative here that there has been nothing mentioned about other possible scenarios.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I don't know, I mean, MIA is acting like a desperate team and we don't know the advice Jed got around the league about Baalke. Hell, Parcells could have over ruled anything the Pats advised about a GM by standing firmly behind Baalke. Now take into account what Baalke has done since becoming the GM and you really can't blame him.

Now comes this Harbaugh situation. It appears to me that Jed is being level-headed with this thing and not drooling all over Harbaugh as is MIA.

Why isn't there any talk about Jed getting the go ahead from Harbaugh to be allowed the final offer once Harbaugh has talked with which ever team wants him?

There's so much speculation to the negative here that there has been nothing mentioned about other possible scenarios.

Great post! and i completely agree.

8 Mill a year for an coach that is unproven in the NFL is way to much, I can't blame Jed for not throwing that kind of money at him.

I see a 5 year 25-30 mill contract landing Harbaugh in SF, and in the end think Harbaugh will come back to the table with the niners once he talks to MIA.
Originally posted by 49er4life:

8 Mill a year for an coach that is unproven in the NFL is way to much, I can't blame Jed for not throwing that kind of money at him.

I see a 5 year 25-30 mill contract landing Harbaugh in SF, and in the end think Harbaugh will come back to the table with the niners once he talks to MIA.

With the division we have, Jed could even throw in some very and I mean very nice incentives including playoff appearances/superbowls and even league stats.

SF can offer way more realistic incentives than MIA can.

With the division we have, Jed could even throw in some very and I mean very nice incentives including playoff appearances/superbowls and even league stats.

But why would you care about incentives if they are paying you 2 to 3 million more money in base salary?

Originally posted by lamontb:

But why would you care about incentives if they are paying you 2 to 3 million more money in base salary?

1. Hometown
2. Realistic Goals
3. Division

Hard to pass up 2 or 3 more guaranteed million but Jed could increase the guaranteed amount slightly along with the incentives so that Jim gets 5.5 to 7 million with 2 more million in incentives.

Any incentives MIA offers are not as realistic to reach.
why would u want to play the Pats and Jets twice a yr, when u can play the Cards, Seachickens, and Lambs 2x a yr. And he already lives in CA. And its not like the roster situation is any better there...Miami doesnt have a QB either...

1. Hometown
2. Realistic Goals
3. Division

Hard to pass up 2 or 3 more guaranteed million but Jed could increase the guaranteed amount slightly along with the incentives so that Jim gets 5.5 to 7 million with 2 more million in incentives.

Exactly!! I mean why not go to a team with one player away from being great, stay at home, weak division, and a chance to play your brother in the Super Bowl?? He already has money from being a player, Stanford and John probably so... this Mia thing makes no sense to me!!!

1. Hometown
2. Realistic Goals
3. Division

Well folks always call him a Michigan man and he's passing on them so I wouldn't take SF being home as anything that will sway his decision. Who is to say they can't offer him realistic incentives? Especially if they are as desperate as they appear. We have no idea what they are saying or offering him in the meetings. Plus Harbaugh is a competitive guy if the dolphins offer him playoff incentives and stuff he's gonna believe he can reach those in MIA just like he could in SF. He's that confident. Not to mention they have no state taxes.

[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 6, 2011 at 11:32:04 ]

1. Hometown
2. Realistic Goals
3. Division

Well folks always call him a Michigan man and he's passing on them so I wouldn't take SF being home as anything that will sway his decision. Who is to say they can't offer him realistic incentives? Especially if they are as desperate as they appear. We have no idea what they are saying or offering him in the meetings. Plus Harbaugh is a competitive guy if the dolphins offer him playoff incentives and stuff he's gonna believe he can reach those in MIA just like he could in SF. He's that confident. Not to mention they have no state taxes.

that's a great point..also worth noting that the Michigan job was never an option to Harbaugh for 2 reasons. he wants to come to the NFL and Michigan is awful and would need a 100% rebuild taking 2-3 years before he would be in real contention.

I think the 9ers will get 1 more shot at Harbaugh after he's done talking to the Fins. I think we should counteroffer at 5 years 6.5M or whatever Pete Carrol got. If all he wants is the biggest contract let him to to the Fins and call Brian Billick right now.
Share 49ersWebzone