There are 194 users in the forums

The rest of the NFL must really think of us as a poor team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Though the 49ers must persuade Jim Harbaugh to rescue them, two NFL sources said Wednesday the coach who brought winning back to Stanford has reservations about team president Jed York and, more specifically, newly hired general manager Trent Baalke.

Well there you have it in a nutshell. Monty pooles quote in his sanjosemercury news excerpt. Ive been saying this all along. All you zoners are blinded by the light. Every year its the same thing. FALSE HOPE. We are doomed. Not only egg in yorks face but in all our faces who are loyal dedicated fans.

Why does any of this surprise anybody? I knew all along.

I dont buy that s**t though. The whole reason that Baalke was hired so quickly was because he was Harbaugh approved because JIm wanted more power and Baalke was not going to clash with the HC hire.

My guess is Jim used the 9ers this whole time to get a better offer from a team like Miami. Really s**tty thing to do to us and get us stuck with an inexperienced green GM.

well who do you actually believe. I personally dont believe anything that comes out of yorks mouth. THat was all hearsay. This chump has lied about everything so far.
We will see. He said he wanted to hire a gm after thorough research. That was a NOT. He said money is no object in hiring the next coach, but now is stating he wont get into a bidding war with miami. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. I think the guy has add. OH well.

[ Edited by whatawegot on Jan 6, 2011 at 01:55:17 ]
Though the 49ers must persuade Jim Harbaugh to rescue them, two NFL sources said Wednesday the coach who brought winning back to Stanford has reservations about team president Jed York and, more specifically, newly hired general manager Trent Baalke.

Well there you have it in a nutshell. Monty pooles quote in his sanjosemercury news excerpt. Ive been saying this all along. All you zoners are blinded by the light. Every year its the same thing. FALSE HOPE. We are doomed. Not only egg in yorks face but in all our faces who are loyal dedicated fans.

I dont buy that s**t though. The whole reason that Baalke was hired so quickly was because he was Harbaugh approved because JIm wanted more power and Baalke was not going to clash with the HC hire.

My guess is Jim used the 9ers this whole time to get a better offer from a team like Miami. Really s**tty thing to do to us and get us stuck with an inexperienced green GM.

well who do you actually believe. I personally dont believe anything that comes out of yorks mouth. THat was all hearsay. This chump has lied about everything so far.
We will see. He said he wanted to hire a gm after thorough research. That was a NOT. He said money is no object in hiring the next coach, but now is stating he wont get into a bidding war with miami. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. I think the guy has add. OH well.

[ Edited by whatawegot on Jan 6, 2011 at 01:54:32 ]

He lied about the GM. And he lied about the HC too. Period.

[ Edited by whatawegot on Jan 6, 2011 at 01:55:57 ]

He lied about the GM. And he lied about the HC too. Period.

you caught that fumbling water bottle act also. Noone else seemed to get it when i brought it up. Its little stuff like that with the water bottle that sounds so unimportant yet in the grand sceme of things its very important. I felt nervous for him and myself for that matter. If your going to open and close the bottle 15 times before driniking it id say lose the bottle all together and answer the dam questions.
on top of that i think he was licking the top of the bottle with his tongue. lol
He is not our coach....yet!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MILFS:
I seriously think that we are cursed for all the domination we imposed on the rest of the league in the 80's and the 90's.

Maybe the rest of the league conspires to keep the 9ers down now. s**t I don't know. I wasn't even very old when Eddie lost the team, I was like 7 I believe if it was in 98. But from what my mom and all of you guys on the zone tell me, he would've NEVER let things get this bad. He would've never let this team get so bad. He would've made sure we had a good FO, and we wouldn't have been f**ked with by the bears, jets, or fins. This is terrible.

Eddie D. would pay $8 Million / Year and land Harbaugh. And he would have a real GM. Not a down the hall REJECT.

And this my friend is why you can't see the forest for the trees. Eddie D's free spending is what got teh team in the salary cap trouble that ruined the team. Now I know coaching doesn't count as part of teh salary cap but... If you noticed we didn't win anything with Eddie D, once the salary cap was in place. Despite him spending and trying. Everyone said that it was eventually going to catch up to us later. Well it did, Only problem is, it caught up to the Yorks and Dennis Erickson and not Eddie as he was gone by then.

Now the argument can be made that if Eddie never left we still would have manipulated the salary cap and never would ahve had to purge. Well, we may have or we may not have. Well never know.

With all that said, we definitely should ahve been out of the woods by now. I mean it doesn't take 8 years to get out of it. But when you draft 1st round stiffs draft after draft and then draft players out of position and try to convert them year after year, that's what you get. However player personnel isn't the yorks fault.

Alot of people was ok with the Nolan hire. the Singletary hire. The Scotty Mc hire. So why are the yorks all of a sudden at fault now? Only problem I see is giving Nolan too much power and hanging on to Mike & Mike half a season too long. Even then in both cases you can see their point. Nolan, was stripped of GM duties to see if he could just coach. Didn't work so they fired him. Singletary was still in the playoff hunt (some how ). So they nwaited until we were officially eliminated.

If you can't see their logic behind those two reasonings then well....
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
No way. We really stuck it to that black kid Crabtree. Showed him who was boss.

im offended, i wish people would look past color! we are all one!!

but we did show him who's boss!!

[ Edited by hb123 on Jan 6, 2011 at 06:10:02 ]
Originally posted by hb123:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
No way. We really stuck it to that black kid Crabtree. Showed him who was boss.

im offended, i wish people would look past color! we are all one!!

unless you find a cure for ignorance, people will never be able to look past color.

btw: i know u were kidding oregon.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jan 6, 2011 at 06:10:35 ]
  • hb123
  • Veteran
I seriously think that we are cursed for all the domination we imposed on the rest of the league in the 80's and the 90's.

what goes up must come down!!
Originally posted by krizay:

Maybe the rest of the league conspires to keep the 9ers down now. s**t I don't know. I wasn't even very old when Eddie lost the team, I was like 7 I believe if it was in 98. But from what my mom and all of you guys on the zone tell me, he would've NEVER let things get this bad. He would've never let this team get so bad. He would've made sure we had a good FO, and we wouldn't have been f**ked with by the bears, jets, or fins. This is terrible.

Eddie D. would pay $8 Million / Year and land Harbaugh. And he would have a real GM. Not a down the hall REJECT.

And this my friend is why you can't see the forest for the trees. Eddie D's free spending is what got teh team in the salary cap trouble that ruined the team. Now I know coaching doesn't count as part of teh salary cap but... If you noticed we didn't win anything with Eddie D, once the salary cap was in place. Despite him spending and trying. Everyone said that it was eventually going to catch up to us later. Well it did, Only problem is, it caught up to the Yorks and Dennis Erickson and not Eddie as he was gone by then.

Now the argument can be made that if Eddie never left we still would have manipulated the salary cap and never would ahve had to purge. Well, we may have or we may not have. Well never know.

With all that said, we definitely should ahve been out of the woods by now. I mean it doesn't take 8 years to get out of it. But when you draft 1st round stiffs draft after draft and then draft players out of position and try to convert them year after year, that's what you get. However player personnel isn't the yorks fault.

Alot of people was ok with the Nolan hire. the Singletary hire. The Scotty Mc hire. So why are the yorks all of a sudden at fault now? Only problem I see is giving Nolan too much power and hanging on to Mike & Mike half a season too long. Even then in both cases you can see their point. Nolan, was stripped of GM duties to see if he could just coach. Didn't work so they fired him. Singletary was still in the playoff hunt (some how ). So they nwaited until we were officially eliminated.

This

Who the hell wants to pay a coach 8 mil a year anyways? I sure dont. Forget that.

Miami better pray that they land Harbaugh. If they dont they will be pick from the bottom of the barrel as long as that unethical peice of crap Ross is still there. Who wants to work for a back stabber like that? If you are hiring for a position, you might want to make the position available first.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
SD with "I told you so" in 3....2....1.....

I've been telling people for years. But posters right here on this very WZ said "Jed is not his father." And "he wants us to be a winner again." "Money is no object."

Jed said so at press confernce fumbling with his water bottle.

Again?

yea, I was much older, and when it happened I said to myself this is the end of the ride. I still hold out hope, but Eddie D's team this aint.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by AirJordanXI:
Originally posted by AirJordanXI:
Went to the game in San Diego this season left at san diego 31 san francisco 0 and chargers fans felt bad for us, people feel sorry for you when youre a 49ers fan, that in of itself is pretty depressing

Get used to it.

Or become a Patriots fan ?

Off topic, but the Air Jordan XI is an excellent shoe.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by greywolf447:
I wonder how much the Yorks are worth?

$900 million last September 2009 per Forbes

Yea but they are football billionaires not true Larry elision billionaires. Eddie stuck it to the Yorks who thought they would burnhimtaking the niners.
Originally posted by krizay:

i must say this post makes sense
But the yorks are responsible for the people they hire and since they fired mooch they didn't had a single good move. And firing mooch wasn't a good move (even if i agreed with it at the time)
Share 49ersWebzone