There are 187 users in the forums

Protest strategy if we don't land Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
If you've been following Webzone on twitter you know that I've been talking with @jamiemiller74 about potential protests if Jed can't land Harbaugh. My basic bone of contention is that Jed said money isn't an object, but it clearly is. The 49ers only want the best if the best comes at slightly above average prices. Unless your name is Nate Clements.

So, I bring this to you. Given the outlets we have (social media, letters, petitions, etc) how can we make sure that our voices of discontent are head if Jed can't land Harbaugh?

If you want to debate Jed York, there are threads for that. This is just for protest strategies. Please keep it to that.

Your thoughts?
Im going to sleep
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Dude, read my blog from tonight (on the front page). I'm runnin' hot, lol.
"Money is no object."

"Jed is not his father."

"Jed is more like his uncle than his father."

I heard it right here on the WZ from supposedly well informed posters. I was called a HATER.

Plastic bags on your heads.
I'd love to help make my voice heard.

You have an excellent point about "money is no issue".
  • Veteran
Every time someone criticize the Yorks, they get labeled as the hater. Just checkout the hate that is going on now.
Originally posted by 190836:
Every time someone criticize the Yorks, they get labeled as the hater. Just checkout the hate that is going on now.

YUP. Told you so.

I told you ALL! But you didn't listen to SD this time...
Say it again, why dontcha?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I was thinking about this very thing, Oscar. And, then, when the McDaniels rumor popped up, my thoughts just began steaming.

It is to our benefit to figure out a productive means for protest. I'm willing to play at least my part. I'm past simply ranting and raving. Something of substance is what is needed now.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Well, for starters, there's the passive strategy of not attending the games.

I suppose a more direct strategy would be to have a legal protest outside of team headquarters.
Typical York making a grandiose comment to rile up the base and attract more fans.

Realize, "eh, spending money sucks"

Disenfranchise the fan base even more after an underwhelming season.
Share 49ersWebzone