LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Why do people keep wanting our coodinators?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Personally I believe that along with the East Coast Bias, there is a hatred for the Niners ingrained in many teams around the league. I believe that the Niners were sooo successful for soooo long that the hatred instilled during that era holds true today. I believe that if all things are considered equal, taking a quality coach from the Niners and therefor keeping us down is the tie breaker.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but thats what I believe cause nothing else makes sense.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
supposedly the Patriots, Saints and Colts want Jimmy Rae for offensive coordinator in 2011.

Seriously?
Link?

Fans look at records, and don't get why someone would want to hire anyone who currently works for the losing team they root for.

People in the business look at talent that might be languishing on a bad team, and are only looking at what they do specifically, and how it might be a good fit for what they want to do.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Fans look at records, and don't get why someone would want to hire anyone who currently works for the losing team they root for.

People in the business look at talent that might be languishing on a bad team, and are only looking at what they do specifically, and how it might be a good fit for what they want to do.

This.

It's probably also the reason no one is excited over the Baalke hire even though his personnel moves have all been pretty decent.
Mike McCarthy was already a coordinator for 5 years before joining the 49ers. He already had a previous track record as a successful coordinator.

Norv Turner was a proven commodity. And he had done a good job with the Niners and our offense seemed to be on the upswing and Alex seemed to be an emerging QB.

Other than that I can't think of anybody else who has been wanted for head coach outside of Manusky. But the most successful coordinators aren't always the best head coaches and the vice versa. Being a head coach requires some different skills than just being a coordinator.
Other teams realize that the coordinators were doing what Singletary demanded. When he was gone for one friggin week the whole place lit up and it was all good.

Singletary was just an enormous disaster and the full extent of what a nut case he is will be revealed over time.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I don't get it. Even when we suck, if we have even one guy on the staff who is half competent, he immediately gets targeted for a HC job.

Now it's Manusky. The only half decent coach we have. (Not that he'll necessarily be around with a new HC anyway.)

But I just don't understand how coaches who, at best, make us mediocre, are suddenly HC targets.

Are we so bad that around the league, if you can even make us look even no so terrible you must be a genius?

I don't get it.

Our players suck worse than people realize. Remember when McCarthy became a HC after our offense was HORRIBLE in 2005? Yeah.

its funny, mccarthy steered us away from aaron rodgers. he got the hook up for a job well done.
Share 49ersWebzone