There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why do people keep wanting our coodinators?

I don't get it. Even when we suck, if we have even one guy on the staff who is half competent, he immediately gets targeted for a HC job.

Now it's Manusky. The only half decent coach we have. (Not that he'll necessarily be around with a new HC anyway.)

But I just don't understand how coaches who, at best, make us mediocre, are suddenly HC targets.

Are we so bad that around the league, if you can even make us look even no so terrible you must be a genius?

I don't get it.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I don't get it. Even when we suck, if we have even one guy on the staff who is half competent, he immediately gets targeted for a HC job.

Now it's Manusky. The only half decent coach we have. (Not that he'll necessarily be around with a new HC anyway.)

But I just don't understand how coaches who, at best, make us mediocre, are suddenly HC targets.

Are we so bad that around the league, if you can even make us look even no so terrible you must be a genius?

I don't get it.

Our players suck worse than people realize. Remember when McCarthy became a HC after our offense was HORRIBLE in 2005? Yeah.

I don't get it.

I like Manusky and think he deserves a shot at HC. His resume isn't bad and our overall defensive rank (13th I think) could have been a lot higher if we had at least a top 15-20 defense.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I don't get it.

Our players suck worse than people realize. Remember when McCarthy became a HC after our offense was HORRIBLE in 2005? Yeah.

And Mcharthy did better than us so yeah and the packers are awful also during the 05 season despite having favre but he turned it around.
We have no franchise QB which is a HUGE reason why we are terrible.

I hope we land Harbaugh but unless we find ourselves a competent QB we will suck.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 5, 2011 at 11:33:43 ]
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I like Manusky and think he deserves a shot at HC. His resume isn't bad and
our overall defensive rank (13th I think) could have been a lot higher if we had at least a top 15-20 defense.

Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I like Manusky and think he deserves a shot at HC. His resume isn't bad and
our overall defensive rank (13th I think) could have been a lot higher if we had at least a top 15-20 defense.

He meant top 15-20 offense.
I wonder about that too. I still don't understand how Mora Jr. was given an HC job after his stint here. I'd rather roll the dice on a coordinator who has demonstrated success.
Honestly IMHO, this is my 2 cents.

Yeah we are all f**ked up now. But i think because of our success in the past it's like people that want to get in the entertainment business. In my experience they say if u can make it in NY city then u can make it anywhere.

Although our franchise is in the crapper right now. The ora that surrounds our team is still strong in my opinion. Even in us sucking this year, we made the news. Whether we win or lose u hear about our team constantly. And u cant say that about every other organization.

I mean look at the track records. There have been too many players to count that at some point have dawned an 9er uniform. Or been some part. I mean Holmgren, Gruden, tons of others. With players, Montana, Rice, Young, T.O. just to name a few, that when they went to other teams they were hot commodities.

Even take now, s**t i was pissed when we got s**t out of TBCain, and then he goes back to the Pats, and started having almost pro-bowl type years. I think the ora surrounding our team now is that we can get the coaches and players that are special and can really be something. We just dont have the co-hesiveness to put it all together for a championship.

So i think thats why soo many of our players and coaches whether we have success or not, make it every where else. Because that team interviewing and signing our guys, know how to put each coach and player in the best position to be successful.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Yeah we are all f**ked up now. But i think because of our success in the past it's like people that want to get in the entertainment business. In my experience they say if u can make it in NY city then u can make it anywhere.

Although our franchise is in the crapper right now. The ora that surrounds our team is still strong in my opinion. Even in us sucking this year, we made the news. Whether we win or lose u hear about our team constantly. And u cant say that about every other organization.

I mean look at the track records. There have been too many players to count that at some point have dawned an 9er uniform. Or been some part. I mean Holmgren, Gruden, tons of others. With players, Montana, Rice, Young, T.O. just to name a few, that when they went to other teams they were hot commodities.

Even take now, s**t i was pissed when we got s**t out of TBCain, and then he goes back to the Pats, and started having almost pro-bowl type years. I think the ora surrounding our team now is that we can get the coaches and players that are special and can really be something. We just dont have the co-hesiveness to put it all together for a championship.

So i think thats why soo many of our players and coaches whether we have success or not, make it every where else. Because that team interviewing and signing our guys, know how to put each coach and player in the best position to be successful.

The only people who believe in the "aura of the 49ers" are us, the nostalgic fans.
We have been in the toilet for the last decade, and I imagine our front office maneuvering brings chuckles in the offices of the Steelers, Patriots, Colts etc.
Yes, they will admit there was a 20 year run where the Niners were the absolute cream of the crop, both on the field and in the offices, but not anymore.

I don't get it.

M neither. You have so many better coordinators around the league, not too mention ex-Superbowl coaches. We didn't even make the playoffs and still...Carolina is weird... They may get Andrew Luck, but are interviewing Greg Manusky??
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

The only people who believe in the "aura of the 49ers" are us, the nostalgic fans.
We have been in the toilet for the last decade, and I imagine our front office maneuvering brings chuckles in the offices of the Steelers, Patriots, Colts etc.
Yes, they will admit there was a 20 year run where the Niners were the absolute cream of the crop, both on the field and in the offices, but not anymore.

Yeah, and those teams weren't always the cream of the crop either. Everyone will have their day. We are just trying to get ours back.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

I don't get it.

We almost always lose our OC, not DC....but Mike Johnson is not exactly a hot commodity.

M neither. You have so many better coordinators around the league, not too mention ex-Superbowl coaches. We didn't even make the playoffs and still...Carolina is weird... They may get Andrew Luck, but are interviewing Greg Manusky??
They can have him, we can't stop a screen pass anyways... Also i like stanfords dc to replace him, learned under capers!!!
I guess the thinking is that these coaches are good and the execution of the players is poor.