LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 200 users in the forums

Conspiracy Theory?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
Is the Luck the only big name QB coming out this year? I hear no one talking about Cam Newton, Mcellroy, Mallet, Locker. Does anyone know what other QB's are coming out this year?

• Otter
  • Veteran
Hopefully we sign Captain Comeback today, to go with the many members playing Captain Obvious.
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
Is the Luck the only big name QB coming out this year? I hear no one talking about Cam Newton, Mcellroy, Mallet, Locker. Does anyone know what other QB's are coming out this year?

We need a forum to discuss this sort of thing. What shall we call it?

J/k
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Does anyone really believe that Jed had any intention of hiring anyone but Baalke? To me it was a charade all along, which brings me to my topic. [I've got way too much time on my hands]

My gambler's sense is telling me the HC decision has already been made and we are just doing the dance. Since it is against the rules about contacting people on teams who are still in some contention or upcoming game - it's been kept quiet.

Harbaugh - HC and we morgage the farm to get Luck.

Any other theories.

yes & don't know about Morgage the farm thing , one thing at a time lets get Harbaugh !
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Why was it a charade? To arrive at this conclusion you have to believe that if they found a better candidate they still would not have taken him. As none of us were in the room for those interviews and phone calls, I guessvit boils down to those who want to bash the team will read it one way and those who don't, another.

That's always the case. No matter what a team does, there's always gonna be haters & lovers.
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Why was it a charade? To arrive at this conclusion you have to believe that if they found a better candidate they still would not have taken him. As none of us were in the room for those interviews and phone calls, I guessvit boils down to those who want to bash the team will read it one way and those who don't, another.

That's always the case. No matter what a team does, there's always gonna be haters & lovers.

But why do the lovers always gotta hate the haters?
whatever QB we draft, better have a strong arm and be at least 6'3".
Originally posted by 9eridiot:

Cos the haters hate the lovers.

Cos the haters hate the lovers.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
whatever QB we draft, better have a strong arm and be at least 6'3".

and big hands!

Look at San Diego. Rivers is the second ranked QB in the league with a rating of 104. He is a "franchise QB." Yet the team did not make the playoffs.

In contrast, Sanchez of the Jets is 28th ranked with a 75 rating, but they are in the playoffs.

What is instructive here is that it is foolish to overlook the rest of the team. Trading the farm to get Luck would be a mistake because the draft choices given up to get him will leave unfilled holes in the roster. It will be those holes that will beat the team in various games and the fans will end up booing anyway.
Definitely makes sense. It sounds like the York's were either up to no good again, or they're completely out to lunch again. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle and neither would shock me. Guess we won't know until we see what coach (if any) is hired, and even then we'll be kept completely in the dark; Timmy K and Cohn gotta eat too right Those 2 f**k sticks should be sucking on the York's proverbial bean bag. They've made a good living off of this sh*t.

This kind of reminds me of a skit I seen on John Stewart a while ago, where they were debating the motives behind why Fox News would out their own #2 shareholder (knowingly or unwittingly), as the chief fund raiser of the aptly dubbed: "Terror Mosque" near ground zero. The players involved in the skit took sides: Team Evil and Team Stupid.

Whatever the case may be or circumstances leading up to, I don't give a rat's ass how it gets done; I just want Harbaugh for HC. The ends will always justify the means when it comes to this team. I can't lose anymore

GO TEAM EVIL! Breakin' the law, breakin' the law...
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran

It's vice versa. Just like everything in life, there's gotta be 2 sides & balance. It's good though, cuz without either of them, forums & life as a whole won't be fun. So, hats off to all the haters & lovers.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Does anyone really believe that Jed had any intention of hiring anyone but Baalke? To me it was a charade all along, which brings me to my topic. [I've got way too much time on my hands]

My gambler's sense is telling me the HC decision has already been made and we are just doing the dance. Since it is against the rules about contacting people on teams who are still in some contention or upcoming game - it's been kept quiet.

Harbaugh - HC and we morgage the farm to get Luck.

Any other theories.

That's an interesting point, Lowell.
Why was it a charade? To arrive at this conclusion you have to believe that if they found a better candidate they still would not have taken him. As none of us were in the room for those interviews and phone calls, I guess it boils down to those who want to bash the team will read it one way and those who don't, another.

Yep!
Share 49ersWebzone