There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Conspiracy Theory?

Does anyone really believe that Jed had any intention of hiring anyone but Baalke? To me it was a charade all along, which brings me to my topic. [I've got way too much time on my hands]

My gambler's sense is telling me the HC decision has already been made and we are just doing the dance. Since it is against the rules about contacting people on teams who are still in some contention or upcoming game - it's been kept quiet.

Harbaugh - HC and we morgage the farm to get Luck.

Any other theories.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Does anyone really believe that Jed had any intention of hiring anyone but Baalke? To me it was a charade all along, which brings me to my topic. [I've got way too much time on my hands]

My gambler's sense is telling me the HC decision has already been made and we are just doing the dance. Since it is against the rules about contacting people on teams who are still in some contention or upcoming game - it's been kept quiet.

Any other theories.

Nope. That's it. Well done !
Wonder how much time it took you to figure that?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Any other theories.

So we are going to give up 3+ first round picks to get Luck?
Originally posted by 9eridiot:

Any other theories.

I hope your right (Harbaugh) and we don't get caught!
Nope. That's it. Well done !
im not for mortgaging the farm to get Luck.
so what time frame is your gambler's sense giving you as far as the announcement, cause this anticipation is bloatin us up
Why was it a charade? To arrive at this conclusion you have to believe that if they found a better candidate they still would not have taken him. As none of us were in the room for those interviews and phone calls, I guessvit boils down to those who want to bash the team will read it one way and those who don't, another.
lol. no.
Mortgaging the farm to get Luck is the most plausible theory out of the three.
No conspiracy theory IMO just the easy way out. If we get Harbaugh, it means only one thing in relation to Andrew Luck. Harbaugh was the guy who groomed Luck and made him the #1 QB prospect in the space of two short years. Will they give up the Farm (......get it.......the Farm.........Stanford) to get Luck? Not a chance. The Niners have too many other needs (CB, Pass Rusher, WR) to do that. The Niners are betting that Harbaugh is the right guy to do it again with whomever they draft this year (Locker, Ponder, etc).
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No conspiracy theory IMO just the easy way out. If we get Harbaugh, it means only one thing in relation to Andrew Luck. Harbaugh was the guy who groomed Luck and made him the #1 QB prospect in the space of two short years. Will they give up the Farm (......get it.......the Farm.........Stanford) to get Luck? Not a chance. The Niners have too many other needs (CB, Pass Rusher, WR) to do that. The Niners are betting that Harbaugh is the right guy to do it again with whomever they draft this year (Locker, Ponder, etc).

I was waiting or someone to point that out
If you want to mortgage the future or farm get a PROVEN QB...like a T Brady or M Ryan... dont go after someone that has yet to play a down in the NFL. JMO

[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Jan 5, 2011 at 08:54:54 ]
Is the Luck the only big name QB coming out this year? I hear no one talking about Cam Newton, Mcellroy, Mallet, Locker. Does anyone know what other QB's are coming out this year?
If we get Harbaugh, who cares HOW we go about it?

It was obvious to everyone they wanted Baalke to be GM, and it's obvious to everyone that Harbaugh is on the very top of our head coach list.

Let's get the Rooney Rule thing out of the way, and have Harbaugh in place by the end of the week. Then we can finally move on with our lives and start speculating how the draft will pan out. I can't wait!