LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn on Baalke's hiring.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Once again Lowell Cohn is 100% correct. The absolute best writer in the Bay Area. He is a star.

Jed lied straight to your faces. The GM search was a dog and pony show. He knew what he was going to do all the time. He lied to the fans, the media and the players. Plus the HC search appears to be a lie. "The GM will make the HC decision." LOL. It sounds like they already have decided on the HC. And they haven't had a "GM" long enough to interview and conduct due diligence. Jed is deciding everything. GM, HC and everything else. That alone should be enough to disturb any 49ers fan. Even if the HC is the right guy it should give you a lot of pause that Jed lied and is still making all the decisions despite being way over his head.

If you hate the 49ers so much why not be a fan of a team that you actually like?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Cohn is spot on.

Jethro lied through his teeth, probably from beginning to the very end. How do we know what he is saying now is true. I mean he stood at a podium and lied right to the faces of the Bay Area media, wow.

If he has some kind of secret deal with Harbaugh in collusion with Baalke why not just keep his mouth shut and say something like; We will wait a while and make an announcement. In the mean time we are trying to do what's best for the Niners. Why not something like that.. instead of lying to us, media and the nation..

What an owner, crap....

Because then you guys would complain about how he isnt being proactive You know full well that wouldn't fly with the fan base.
Originally posted by backontop:
Once again Lowell Cohn is 100% correct. The absolute best writer in the Bay Area. He is a star.

Jed lied straight to your faces. The GM search was a dog and pony show. He knew what he was going to do all the time. He lied to the fans, the media and the players. Plus the HC search appears to be a lie. "The GM will make the HC decision." LOL. It sounds like they already have decided on the HC. And they haven't had a "GM" long enough to interview and conduct due diligence. Jed is deciding everything. GM, HC and everything else. That alone should be enough to disturb any 49ers fan. Even if the HC is the right guy it should give you a lot of pause that Jed lied and is still making all the decisions despite being way over his head.

If you hate the 49ers so much why not be a fan of a team that you actually like?

I like them. it's just a constant cycle of FAIL with the Yorks and their decision making.

Right choice = Outside GM + Harbaugh.

Wrong choice = Inside GM inexperienced Jed rubber stamp yes man + any HC including Harbaugh.
  • mod
  • Veteran

Cohn is garbage... anybody who can read a newspaper or has the slightest bit of journalistic knowledge will tell you that.

and as far as Jed picking the GM and HC... its actually pretty simple, Jed wanted Harbaugh, Trent wanted Harbaugh. Jed needed a GM in order to land Harbaugh before somebody else did and so with what little time he had Jed seeked the opinion of Bill Parcell, Eddie D, etc. From what it sounds like Trent Baalke is highly regarded and was probably his best option. But to smooth things over with the fans and the rest of the NFL he DID interview several other candidates.

If you honeslty felt offended I would suggest you follow a different team or sport. but I have a feeling your just trolling
  • mod
  • Veteran

I like them. it's just a constant cycle of FAIL with the Yorks and their decision making.

Wrong choice = Inside GM inexperienced Jed rubber stamp yes man + any HC including Harbaugh.

how do you know Trent Baalke is the wrong choice... how do you know this and we dont? you're just sitting behind your computer screen at 2:30 in the morning like the rest of us.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

how do you know Trent Baalke is the wrong choice... how do you know this and we dont? you're just sitting behind your computer screen at 2:30 in the morning like the rest of us.

that is how trolls work. They only offer speculation and opinion and try to pass it off as fact.

Cohn is garbage... anybody who can read a newspaper or has the slightest bit of journalistic knowledge will tell you that.

and as far as Jed picking the GM and HC... its actually pretty simple, Jed wanted Harbaugh, Trent wanted Harbaugh. Jed needed a GM in order to land Harbaugh before somebody else did and so with what little time he had Jed seeked the opinion of Bill Parcell, Eddie D, etc. From what it sounds like Trent Baalke is highly regarded and was probably his best option. But to smooth things over with the fans and the rest of the NFL he DID interview several other candidates.

If you honeslty felt offended I would suggest you follow a different team or sport. but I have a feeling your just trolling

Jed wanted a rubber stamp. And he got it. It's what Scot M. was for him too. Same thing.

And if you look at the 2010 draft class it's not very good. Iupati. That's it. What other great player did we get?

that is how trolls work. They only offer speculation and opinion and try to pass it off as fact.

As much as it sounds wrong i gotta agree with Cohn. Maybe Trent turns out a great hire and we get Harbaugh and alls well that ends well. but that would require a leap of faith with Jed and so far he dont deserve it. It does seem a lot like he already had Baalke chosen and lied to us. We dont deserve that if he did.
Cohn is spot on.

Jethro lied through his teeth, probably from beginning to the very end. How do we know what he is saying now is true. I mean he stood at a podium and lied right to the faces of the Bay Area media, wow.

If he has some kind of secret deal with Harbaugh in collusion with Baalke why not just keep his mouth shut and say something like; We will wait a while and make an announcement. In the mean time we are trying to do what's best for the Niners. Why not something like that.. instead of lying to us, media and the nation..

What an owner, crap....

Because then you guys would complain about how he isnt being proactive You know full well that wouldn't fly with the fan base.

I don't agree. I think if words like that were said and he accentuated the truthfulness of it; people would respect him for it, and give him some leeway.

See I'm thinking if they do have the HC wrapped in a nice Red & Gold bow,then it would only be a week max, then, and here is the kicker to me; he announces both hires at once, all smiles, he rips the media and us, and he comes out looking like he really has grown up. Don't you think?

Just writing that makes me feel pride in the organization, while right now, I do not..

And ughh, this would be the first time for that in my 32+ years of hardcore Niner fanaticism.. except for maybe.. THE LAST 8 YEARS OF THE YORKS. eweee.. sorry for the CAPS!

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 5, 2011 at 02:48:58 ]
  • mod
  • Veteran

Jed wanted a rubber stamp. And he got it. It's what Scot M. was for him too. Same thing.

And if you look at the 2010 draft class it's not very good. Iupati. That's it. What other great player did we get?

oh s**t... we only got one great player? I keep forgetting that every player drafted on this team is supposed to be a pro-bowler.

Its way too early to tell dude. I think its a good sign if we know for sure that Iupati is a good player. A lot of people had given up on V. Davis and look at him now IMO he is 2nd in the NFL behind Antonio Gates. We could have a really good tackle in A. Davis, you just cant write this draft off yet.

What players from the draft didn't pan out?

Iupati is solid, Anthony Davis is raw and should have sat out the season, Taylor Mays should have never been benched, Anthony Dixon is filling in pretty nicely with Westbrook, Phillip Adams needs some coaching up, Kyle Williams has been injured, Navaro Bowman has a bright future with the 49ers.

Cohn is not garbage. Back in the middle 80's and thro the middle 90's I went to Kinkos at midnight with mocked up Niner News posters to post on every porta potti and Gate for fans at game day the next day. Many times there was something written by Cohn included in the layout, without fail the fans in the lot loved his stuff, or hated it, but they always read it, one way or another.

Those were the days, the title always started and ended with; MAKE MORE NOISE..

Main lot, E Pole, with the Q going and the beers and hard booze flowin.. With Great Ownership..**

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 5, 2011 at 02:52:05 ]
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

As much as it sounds wrong i gotta agree with Cohn. Maybe Trent turns out a great hire and we get Harbaugh and alls well that ends well. but that would require a leap of faith with Jed and so far he dont deserve it. It does seem a lot like he already had Baalke chosen and lied to us. We dont deserve that if he did.

You get it....
  • mod
  • Veteran
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

I don't agree. I think if words like that were said and he accentuated the truthfulness of it; people would respect him for it, and give him some leeway.

See I'm thinking if they do have the HC wrapped in a nice Red & Gold bow,then it would only be a week max, then, and here is the kicker to me; he announces both hires at once, all smiles, he rips the media and us, and he comes out looking like he really has grown up. Don't you think?

Just writing that makes me feel pride in the organization, while right now, I do not..

And ughh, thsi would be the first ime for that in my 32+ years of hardcore Niner fanaticism.. except for maybe.. THE LAST 8 YEARS OF THE YORKS. eweee.. sorry for the CAPS!

all i can say is agree to disagree lol... we simply perceive the situation differently.
Cohn is spot on.

What an owner, crap....

And ughh, thsi would be the first ime for that in my 32+ years of hardcore Niner fanaticism.. except for maybe.. THE LAST 8 YEARS OF THE YORKS. eweee.. sorry for the CAPS!

all i can say is agree to disagree lol... we simply perceive the situation differently.

99% of the people agree with you.
Share 49ersWebzone