LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric_Branch
Trent Baalke on Alex Smith: "Right now we're treating him as we do every other free-agent quarterback."

mattbarrows

Baalke said it "would certainly help" to have QB Alex Smith under contract during what could be a long offseason it's not a necessity.

Eric_Branch
Baalke clarified his comment that the QB of the future wasn't on roster. "The fact of the matter is Alex is not on our roster right now."

Eric_Branch
Trent Baalke on Alex Smith: "Right now we're treating him as we do every other free-agent quarterback."

mattbarrows

Baalke said it "would certainly help" to have QB Alex Smith under contract during what could be a long offseason it's not a necessity.

Eric_Branch
Baalke clarified his comment that the QB of the future wasn't on roster. "The fact of the matter is Alex is not on our roster right now."

i still go by my inital comment i dont think baalke seems like an alex fan although i would like to acually hear his tone in the interview

doesn any1 know who has final say on draft day?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Eric_Branch

mattbarrows

Eric_Branch

i still go by my inital comment i dont think baalke seems like an alex fan although i would like to acually hear his tone in the interview

doesn any1 know who has final say on draft day?

mattbarrows

Baalke, tho he stressed that he would never draft/sign player Harbaugh doesn't want @ritz245552 final say on draft day harbaugh or baalke?
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
Eric_Branch

Trent Baalke: "I think Jim’s come out and said he feels very good about Alex as a quarterback. And I respect Jim’s opinion."

mattbarrows

Baalke said the 49ers will "look to supplement" the RB position either thru FA, the draft or trade. Did not rule out bringing back Westbrook
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Baalke distancing himself from the Alex Smith draft pick.

Smart move dude, maybe he's smarter then he looks.

As general manager of the 49ers, Trent Baalke has embarked on a treasure hunt for the next Joe Montana, though Jeff Garcia the second would look dandy enough right now.

Before Baalke looks for the spot marked X, he wants to make one thing clear about the last time the franchise went down this road and drafted the disappointing Alex Smith (2005, No. 1 overall pick, ring a bell?):

"Well, first of all, I wasn't here when we drafted Alex," Baalke said last week. "I was in Washington when Alex was drafted. I came following that draft in the summer."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/23/SPP91J64D4.DTL#ixzz1KZJthIpS
Originally posted by susweel:

As general manager of the 49ers, Trent Baalke has embarked on a treasure hunt for the next Joe Montana, though Jeff Garcia the second would look dandy enough right now.

Before Baalke looks for the spot marked X, he wants to make one thing clear about the last time the franchise went down this road and drafted the disappointing Alex Smith (2005, No. 1 overall pick, ring a bell?):

"Well, first of all, I wasn't here when we drafted Alex," Baalke said last week. "I was in Washington when Alex was drafted. I came following that draft in the summer."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/23/SPP91J64D4.DTL#ixzz1KZJthIpS

what was the question that was asked?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was part of the group that drafted QB Jason Campbell.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I dont know.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was part of the group that drafted QB Jason Campbell.

Yes.

"He was a Jets scout in 2000 when they took Marshall's Chad Pennington in the first round. He was a Redskins national scout when they picked Tulane's Patrick Ramsey in 2002's first round. He was the Redskins' college scouting coordinator when they passed on Rodgers in 2005."

I think I'm gonna be sick.

I dont know.
Then this is stupid, not a shot at you.

I say this because what if someone asked him what he saw when the niners drafted Alex and then he followed with that response.

Id like to know what was said to Baalke

• boast
  • Hella Fame

i think the Skins wanted Aaron Rodgers @25 but he was picked right before by GB @24
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

i think the Skins wanted Aaron Rodgers @25 but he was picked right before by GB @24

They had two first round picks, one at #9.
Baalke has the final say, but i am sure he is taking Harbaugh's comments into huge consideration
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Baalke has the final say, but i am sure he is taking Harbaugh's comments into huge consideration

These two better be on the same page or we are phucked.
Share 49ersWebzone