There are 291 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
For some reason i think Alex Smith is gay, just a feeling.

And... If he was, is that a problem?
Originally posted by PTulini:

[enter gay SF joke here]

he's not even gay though. His wife is a f**king hot former cheerleader. Almost everyone on the zone would love to nail her. Dude might not be the greatest QB but he pulled a hot ass wife. Good for him. Nice guy on the field, player off of it

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by verb1der:
These latest developments is leading me to believe Baalke was Sing's rat.

Dirty. I am actually happy there was a rat to expose the crap coaching.

Oh you don't f**k with Trent Baalke.

Funnily enough the moniker that Lowel Cohn bestowed on Jed York is very apt considering the strategy Trent is rumoured to have employed this season. Perhaps people will view it with displeasure but I believe it is a validation that intelligence has returned to the 49ers.

[ Edited by Envy on Jan 26, 2011 at 16:07:46 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

From what came out of Sing last week, and what's been stirring today, I think Baalke and Sing's relationship was blatantly toxic. -The two never saw eye-to-eye, and Sing pretty much muscled out Trent's authority/suggestions.

One of the most interesting things I remember last April (on day one of the 2010 Draft) was what happened in the draft 'war room' (via 49ers.com) around the time the 49ers traded up for Anthony Davis. -There was a distinct malaise in Baalke's attitude when he was trading up for Davis.

My gut tells me Baalke wanted to trade back one of the first rounders (only drafting Iupati in the first round) for more picks so we could nab Bulaga & Nate Allen. -Nobody looked thrilled in the 'war room' when we had to settle for Taylor Mays.

I remember Baalke looking super angry when Nate Allen was picked and looking extremely frustrated when Mays was picked.

As for Alex, Baalke always supported Alex and said publicly that the roster was good enough to be a good team and definitely good enough to win the division with Alex as the QB. Barrows has said numerous times that Baalke was frustrated with the way we were running our Offense though. Singletary was a plague.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

From what came out of Sing last week, and what's been stirring today, I think Baalke and Sing's relationship was blatantly toxic. -The two never saw eye-to-eye, and Sing pretty much muscled out Trent's authority/suggestions.

One of the most interesting things I remember last April (on day one of the 2010 Draft) was what happened in the draft 'war room' (via 49ers.com) around the time the 49ers traded up for Anthony Davis. -There was a distinct malaise in Baalke's attitude when he was trading up for Davis.

My gut tells me Baalke wanted to trade back one of the first rounders (only drafting Iupati in the first round) for more picks so we could nab Bulaga & Nate Allen. -Nobody looked thrilled in the 'war room' when we had to settle for Taylor Mays.

I remember Baalke looking super angry when Nate Allen was picked and looking extremely frustrated when Mays was picked.

As for Alex, Baalke always supported Alex and said publicly that the roster was good enough to be a good team and definitely good enough to win the division with Alex as the QB. Barrows has said numerous times that Baalke was frustrated with the way we were running our Offense though. Singletary was a plague.

Baalke gets it.

i remember that. when Allen went off the board a couple spots ahead of us you can see the disappointment in his face and his head drooped down. If i remember correctly him and Singletary were having heated words right before the Mays pick as well. Singletary seemed like he was pushing his weight around. Don't know if it was that pick or a different one tho.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

i remember that. when Allen went off the board a couple spots ahead of us you can see the disappointment in his face and his head drooped down. If i remember correctly him and Singletary were having heated words right before the Mays pick as well. Singletary seemed like he was pushing his weight around. Don't know if it was that pick or a different one tho.

and nate allen looks like he will be a very good player for the eagles for yrs to come, damn i hate dingletary i got faith in whomever baalke picks
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

and nate allen looks like he will be a very good player for the eagles for yrs to come, damn i hate dingletary i got faith in whomever baalke picks

But I still think that Taylor Mays can be a good player. Let's see what Ed Donatell can do with him before we jump to conclusions.

when is it when teams can start to resign thier own players? isnt it like the week right before free agency?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
when is it when teams can start to resign thier own players? isnt it like the week right before free agency?

After the new CBA... whenever that happens.

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

I think the Niners can resign their own players now... because the CBA has not ran out yet. I think we're not seeing players sign is because of the future being in limbo.

I will go as far as saying there is talk with Alex Smith about his options with the team during this time before March 4.

That's when no signings can occur because of the agreements that ran out
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

I think the Niners can resign their own players now... because the CBA has not ran out yet. I think we're not seeing players sign is because of the future being in limbo.

I will go as far as saying there is talk with Alex Smith about his options with the team during this time before March 4.

That's when no signings can occur because of the agreements that ran out

This, and NFL just announced Franchise Tags can be placed Feb 10th.
  • dj43
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

But I still think that Taylor Mays can be a good player. Let's see what Ed Donatell can do with him before we jump to conclusions.
I think we can say that about a number of players at a number of positions.
Share 49ersWebzone