Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many bad personnel moves has Baalke made since McCloughan was fired?

I think he has had a high success rate so far.

I think he has all the talent evaluating skills needed, i'm behind the move. I hope that he has the rest of the skills and the interpersonal skills with the scouting and coaching staff. That's the only point to that is unproven to me.

I'm not worried about his talent evaluating skills. I'm more worried about his networking list in the NFL. That's a big part about being a GM that gets overlooked.

That's a big part about being a GM that gets overblown.

Need to have it in the Front Office.
GET IT DONE TRENT
Now that we probably don't get Harbaugh I give this hire an F-----
Originally posted by jreff22:
GET IT DONE TRENT
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Jumping the gun, Bud.

We still need to hire a more experienced guy in the Front Office... whatever title you want to give him.
The Harbaugh negotiations are a good test for Jed and Trent but we will never know the actual score. If they play hardball and lose him, bad. But if they overpay and he doesn't pan out?

I've never understood why a good coach is worth less than a good QB so I hope they give him what he wants. It must be very difficult to manage/coach guys who make your salary look like a tip. Of course, it's not my money.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 6, 2011 at 08:03:00 ]

You would want to make Harbaugh the top paid HC in the league? I don't like the idea of paying him any more than 6.5 million (which is what Carroll recieved). In addition, hiring Harbaugh has nothing to do with Trent, it has more to do with the cheap yorks (if that ends up being the case)...
Trent must be nervous, he must deliver a football coach. If his Harbaugh deal falls through will there be a press conference to introduce him as the new GM?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The Harbaugh negotiations are a good test for Jed and Trent but we will never know the actual score. If they play hardball and lose him, bad. But if they overpay and he doesn't pan out?

I've never understood why a good coach is worth less than a good QB so I hope they give him what he wants. It must be very difficult to manage/coach guys who make your salary look like a tip. Of course, it's not my money.

I think most Niner fans will forgive York/Baalke if Harbaugh signs with us and doesn't pan out, at least we tried. But when an owner promises that money is no object, yet allows money to be the deciding factor in a deal gone wrong, well it simply makes him a liar...regardless on if it makes him the highest paid unproven HC in the league.
Trent baalke and Jed are gettingit in the but.lets hire someone who can land a big name head coach.baalke sucks and can't deliver low balling like he is

How can you offer 4.5 when he wants the talk to start at 6.5.
Bill polian and bill belickick recommend Michael Lombardi and you go with baalke.harbaugh gets last laugh
Originally posted by SJniner7:

You would want to make Harbaugh the top paid HC in the league? I don't like the idea of paying him any more than 6.5 million (which is what Carroll recieved). In addition, hiring Harbaugh has nothing to do with Trent, it has more to do with the cheap yorks (if that ends up being the case)...

It sounds like the NFL is about to sign TV contracts that will raise the league revenues. The rookie salary cap being pushed by owners will reduce costs (if agreed to) so perhaps coaches will reap the benefit?
Originally posted by bigdon76bomber:
Bill polian and bill belickick recommend Michael Lombardi and you go with baalke.harbaugh gets last laugh

Source?

I wouldn't trust anything that belichick says to another team. That dude keeps secrets upon secrets from other businesses...i mean teams.
Superbowl rings don't lie regardless of spygate.bill polian turned chiefs around.excellent for guy
Share 49ersWebzone