LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

One QB and Coach away

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
hasn't this been the case for 7 years now, except now we have less holes than we did back then.

we don't have less holes by any means. We still have the same needs if not more. We need a safety to replace I can't make a play if my life depended on it Goldson. We need to replace Clements and fast!! because the only thing he can do is get beat. Still looking for the quintessential NT for the 3-4 (don't say we're moving back to the 4-3 because until we actually do we still run a 3-4). Hole at RG anyone? Hole at FB anyone? Hole at QB anyone? Hole at WR anyone (I'm not sold on Michael "I give up on plays" Crabtree)?
Originally posted by backontop:
hasn't this been the case for 7 years now, except now we have less holes than we did back then.

we don't have less holes by any means. We still have the same needs if not more. We need a safety to replace I can't make a play if my life depended on it Goldson. We need to replace Clements and fast!! because the only thing he can do is get beat. Still looking for the quintessential NT for the 3-4 (don't say we're moving back to the 4-3 because until we actually do we still run a 3-4). Hole at RG anyone? Hole at FB anyone? Hole at QB anyone? Hole at WR anyone (I'm not sold on Michael "I give up on plays" Crabtree)?

we're always going to have "holes" on our team. It's not 1984, we can't just sign and draft all-stars at every position. an offensive hc and an above average qb would do wonders for this team.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by backontop:

we're always going to have "holes" on our team. It's not 1984, we can't just sign and draft all-stars at every position. an offensive hc and an above average qb would do wonders for this team.

Every team has holes. I was referring to his comment about having less holes than before. I disagree and feel we have the same amount of holes as nothing was ever really addressed.
its very obvious that without a QB, you go nowhere in todays NFL. browse through the 2011 NFL draft order. its no coincidence that from worst to best it almost 100% accurately reflects the rankings of each teams QB situation.

what annoys me is, i see teams like ATL, BAL, NYJ, TB, STL, even DET who all just recently drafted their QB's, and they are panning out really well for them. all 6 of those teams picked QB's out of college that were all in that jumble of draft day QB's, some busts, some gems, and they all picked correctly.

we need to make a pick like that ASAP. a Matt Ryan type draft pick would do wonders for this organization.
Hire Harbaugh, sign Kolb. Cant afford to start another rookie QB after the disaster of the last five years.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't know about elite.

________

If "elite" is 14-2, then no. But 10-12 wins would've been possible. Assuming we get a veteran QB, a first round QB and better coaching...we have many of the pieces in place to win games in the playoffs.

If we had a good coaching staff and QB we beat both NO and ATL and PHI. Thats 9-7 and we're in the playoffs.

________

None of those games were guaranteed wins with a different coach. The coach didn't fumble the ball away or throw an interception at the end of those games.

As VD said, everyone was too afraid of making mistakes. Removing that by having a different coach could have made a difference on the outcome of the game.
Fisher and Cam Newton

Championship!!!!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Fisher and Cam Newton

Championship!!!!!!

I think I'd rather have Harbaugh and Smith (yes, THAT Smith).
  • dj43
Originally posted by Niners99:
its very obvious that without a QB, you go nowhere in todays NFL. browse through the 2011 NFL draft order. its no coincidence that from worst to best it almost 100% accurately reflects the rankings of each teams QB situation.

what annoys me is, i see teams like ATL, BAL, NYJ, TB, STL, even DET who all just recently drafted their QB's, and they are panning out really well for them. all 6 of those teams picked QB's out of college that were all in that jumble of draft day QB's, some busts, some gems, and they all picked correctly.

we need to make a pick like that ASAP. a Matt Ryan type draft pick would do wonders for this organization.
All the teams you mentioned have good coaching staffs. The 49ers,,,eh
If you are just talking playoffs this year, this team could have got in there with even Alex Smith. The Seachickens are in at 7-9. All the Niners had to do was play a little smarter & they would have won the NFC West. I pin that fuggup of sloppiness, lack of adjustment, and chickensh*t offensive play on the coaching staff.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
If you are just talking playoffs this year, this team could have got in there with even Alex Smith. The Seachickens are in at 7-9. All the Niners had to do was play a little smarter & they would have won the NFC West. I pin that fuggup of sloppiness, lack of adjustment, and chickensh*t offensive play on the coaching staff.

Im sorry But Im actually glad the niners didnt make the playoffs why? Simple,,,the Saints are playing better than they were when the Niners barely lost to them and for that extra game and a LOUSY 7-9 record whats their reward? A best pick at #21 ...14 picks later than what they have now.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Its frustrating. The 49ers are just as talented as those teams that made the playoffs. 49ers have enough talent on offense, defense and special teams to be one of the elite teams. Just need a veteran QB like McNabb or Kolb and a offensive minded coach to make it all come together.

Have you checked McNabb's stats or performance lately? I am not ready to say he is washed up, but I don't know that he is the answer either. Maybe with the right OC and system he could produce, but he would be more of a short term solution, rather than the ANSWER.

You don't think Shanahan qualifies as the right offensive coordinator? And the WCO that he made the pro bowl like 6 times isn't the right system?
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Its frustrating. The 49ers are just as talented as those teams that made the playoffs. 49ers have enough talent on offense, defense and special teams to be one of the elite teams. Just need a veteran QB like McNabb or Kolb and a offensive minded coach to make it all come together.

Have you checked McNabb's stats or performance lately? I am not ready to say he is washed up, but I don't know that he is the answer either. Maybe with the right OC and system he could produce, but he would be more of a short term solution, rather than the ANSWER.

You don't think Shanahan qualifies as the right offensive coordinator? And the WCO that he made the pro bowl like 6 times isn't the right system?

I been a fan of McNabb since the first game of the 1998 season when the Vols played Syracuse and McNabb almost single-handedly kept Syracuse in the game, but the guy is washed up, it is plain to see.
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Im sorry But Im actually glad the niners didnt make the playoffs why? Simple,,,the Saints are playing better than they were when the Niners barely lost to them and for that extra game and a LOUSY 7-9 record whats their reward? A best pick at #21 ...14 picks later than what they have now.

I hear ya. All I am saying here is I think they probably would have had a winning record & playoff berth if their coach wasn't such an idiot. Even with Alex Smith - who I am not at all a fan of in the least. To be honest, I was a hell of a lot more worried they may end up keeping Singletary than I was concerned about them not making the playoffs.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

Share 49ersWebzone