LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Rating the 49ers 2010 draft class

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Rating the 49ers 2010 draft class

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I think it really, really sucks. Davis looks pretty bad, bowman looks bad, mays got benched. Byham and Iupati might be the only two worth keeping more than 3 years. Dixon can't even stay on his feet as a RB

This
i think considering all the picks made the team and contributed in one way or another says alot. I see bowman, mays, davis and upati really becoming good players.

great draft imo.
B
iupati is a beast

davis started of slow but is getting better you can tell he is the real deal
mays is pretty good from what ive seen doesnt fall for to many of the big plays (although they werent many big plays thrown towards him)

all in all i think its good so far but to early to give it a rating
Can't really judge a draft until 5 years down the road. How'd our draft in '06 pan out?
I liked it a solid B... we added good talent...

go niners
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Can't really judge a draft until 5 years down the road. How'd our draft in '06 pan out?
I liked our draft, way better than any other in a while. I do agree with zeppfan, however, that it is impossible to know how good any of these guys are when we had a HC who graded out F-, was totally bereft of knowledge as to how to teach all these guys how to play their positions, and worse, drew up game plans that our OL could never accomplish. Same for bigmike(BM)s defense. No runner gained 100 yds on us all yr, and yet, we gave up more third down conversions than dang near anyone. Why? hell, just throw a pass and it's complete. No, there is no way to objectively rate any of our draftees, in that the coaching, or more correctly , lack thereof, was so abysmally poor. And that starts at QB and goes on down the line, including the D.

BM, aka bowel movement mike, was the turdlet keeping the toilet from flushing. His paw prints were on game plans, O plans, D plans, and frankly, he didn't know a dam thing about what he was doing. Players, especially good ones, pick up on the fact that their boss was a dodo, and he literally taught all of them nothing. That is why i was so heartsick at midyr, when we were at 2-6, and there was ample opportunity to schidt can the BM and get either manusk or mj to run team as acting HC. i feel we would have had a heckuva lot better idea what our rooks could do under a coach who actually knew how to coach. Poor BM, he didn't know, didn't bother to learn and result was all rooks went thru yr uncoached, and we still don't know much about them.

If they are as good as i think they will be, and if we land a REAL coach and not an imposter like the BM, then we could see a whale of an improvement in 2011, assuming we have a better than average draft. 7th, huh? isn't that where we were when we picked Vd? Whatever, we have to come up with an answer at the qb position, or it will be another long yr. Harbaugh is looking better by the moment, in that he will fix the QB position, both personnel wise and coaching wise, plus game plan wise.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
evaluation of anybody except Iupati or Davis is difficult because of the incompetence of the coaching staff. Dixon certainly showed some things but I think Mays, Bowman, Byham, Williams, and Adams are virtually unknowns at this point.

This
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

boooooooooooo

answer the question
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I think it really, really sucks. Davis looks pretty bad, bowman looks bad, mays got benched. Byham and Iupati might be the only two worth keeping more than 3 years. Dixon can't even stay on his feet as a RB

I think it is hilarious how so many of you expect pro bowl production out of all 7 rounds of picks. The fact that all the picks made the squad is mildly impressive. Give them all an off-season and a second season before they are all deemed as "bad".

I gave it a B.. I believe it could be an A very easily though.... SOme teams whiff on entire drafts with 8+ picks. Got great talent lets see how it develops.

I feel that we have been having decent drafts. What we fail to do is fully coach/develop our players/talent.
I'm relieved that Davis finally started showing signs of progress during the final quarter of the season. With that in mind, it appears that the primary objective of the 2010 draft will likely be accomplished.
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
I feel that we have been having decent drafts. What we fail to do is fully coach/develop our players/talent.

I agree.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

I agree.
I gave it a B.. I believe it could be an A very easily though.... SOme teams whiff on entire drafts with 8+ picks. Got great talent lets see how it develops.

What's developing a player?
Share 49ersWebzone