com'on man

this
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
I'm all for bringing westbrook back.

We need to utilize him more with Gore.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by MILFS:
We should resign him. Frank Gore's future is uncertain after the hip injury and we need a insurance plan in case Frank is unable to come back at 100% next year.

Also, when we get an Offensive Coordinator who is capable of using all the weapons in his arsenal, Westbrook will be a dangerous player on the field.

this^^

Gore will be 100 percent by the time the season rolls around, his injury didnt require surgery

Yeah but he heading for a decline. Hes injured every year and will enter his 7th season. Maybe we can get another 1-2 great years out of Gore.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MILFS:
We should resign him. Frank Gore's future is uncertain after the hip injury and we need a insurance plan in case Frank is unable to come back at 100% next year.

Also, when we get an Offensive Coordinator who is capable of using all the weapons in his arsenal, Westbrook will be a dangerous player on the field.

we should not be depending on one rb anyway. we will see our 3 rb's (gore, westbrook, dixon) utilized properly next year by the new coaching staff.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's too old we need someone younger.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

i would keep him on the cheap
Maybe he's heard the rumblings of the possible hiring of HARBAUGH and wants to see how he fits in the WCO again
after watching Dixon today, we definitely should resign Westbrook.
Originally posted by skynet907:
after watching Dixon today, we definitely should resign Westbrook.
ya dixon has zero balance. needs a good off season he should be fine.

I hope he comes back because Westbrook can help prolong Gores career if he returns but I'd like for them to address that RB position very seriously in the draft because they need more speed back there. It's time they let Frank know that he may think he should get all the touches, but he isn't durable enough for the load.
Westbrook coming back would make me do this

people can say "ya but he's old" or "ya but he's injury prone"

i say to hell with that, he's talented.
he's a playmaker.

Westbrook can easily become a huge RB for the niners if a proper coaching staff comes in and ACTUALLY UTILIZES him.
I say keep him. Maybe the new HC will actually know what he is doing and not sit him on the bench.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Maybe he's heard the rumblings of the possible hiring of HARBAUGH and wants to see how he fits in the WCO again

Or he is feeling good after a solid performance and speaking off of "Good emotions" as opposed to what he might say had we got blown out and he was upset . Every player does it. Even Alex said he wouldn't mind coming back after a good solid performance. I guarantee you if he was doing bad and the crowd was chanting "we want ::insert any QB on Roster here::, he would of had a different attitude during the interview at the end of the game.

Serious note, I wouldn't mind bringing Westbrook back but if we meet all our immediate needs in the draft (QB, CB, Pass rusher, Play making WR) and a faster back is available, I'd rather take that route instead and go with the young, speedy change of pace back. Just my 2 cents
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:

Agreed. His comment is a realization that he will not have anyone interested in him, he did not have any this year until we signed him mid August.

We need a young RB, Frank Gore is not getting any younger and loses games every year.
Share 49ersWebzone