LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Do you feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

I was terribly troubled when I read that Jed claims his Uncle Eddie told him "to trust his gut." If that is true, we are in deep crud. It was Jed's mushy gut feeling that prompted him to promoted Sing. What is needed is educated, experienced brainpower, something that I do not think Jed has.
44% have no hope! I'm a little surprised. Not that I am saying you're wrong -- just surprised it's such a large number.
hope is for weaklings.
There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel, whether it is sunshine to let us bask in the glory or lights from a freight train to run us over is another question. However, I will say this about the fickle fans of the webzone everyone has an opinion, but I can guarentee you in this age of microwave technology, Bill Walsh could come back in a reincarnated form and repeat his first three years, won't get to year three because fans would want his butt by year two. Remember his first pick was not a QB, and his first year he basically repreated the previous years record before going 6-10 in his second year. If it was in the here and now many would want his neck on this forum. There was Deberg, but no one knew or even thought Montana was the man of the future. Nobody cared for Debartolo either, said the same thing people are saying about Jed York cause they think they know better.

But jed and baalke was not responsible for bringing in Scott and Nolan. Singletary yes, but we all thought Sing showed potential, and this was going to be the make or break year if Sing could do it, he could not, so York let him go. These two are also not responsible for bringing in Alex Smith. So I give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Whoever he chooses as GM and HC will show if indeed he is ready to be the owner we want or should sell, but like Debartolo, I will give him a chance. Its good that we suffered after basking so many years in the glory, I think our fans have become jaded from it. However, we will appreciate it more when they do. I just hope we reach the promised land again before its my time-haha.
I'll get back to you in about a week.
Originally posted by WildBill:
There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel, whether it is sunshine to let us bask in the glory or lights from a freight train to run us over is another question. However, I will say this about the fickle fans of the webzone everyone has an opinion, but I can guarentee you in this age of microwave technology, Bill Walsh could come back in a reincarnated form and repeat his first three years, won't get to year three because fans would want his butt by year two. Remember his first pick was not a QB, and his first year he basically repreated the previous years record before going 6-10 in his second year. If it was in the here and now many would want his neck on this forum. There was Deberg, but no one knew or even thought Montana was the man of the future. Nobody cared for Debartolo either, said the same thing people are saying about Jed York cause they think they know better.

But jed and baalke was not responsible for bringing in Scott and Nolan. Singletary yes, but we all thought Sing showed potential, and this was going to be the make or break year if Sing could do it, he could not, so York let him go. These two are also not responsible for bringing in Alex Smith. So I give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Whoever he chooses as GM and HC will show if indeed he is ready to be the owner we want or should sell, but like Debartolo, I will give him a chance. Its good that we suffered after basking so many years in the glory, I think our fans have become jaded from it. However, we will appreciate it more when they do. I just hope we reach the promised land again before its my time-haha.

barf bag and your flashlight is out of batteries.
Originally posted by BobS:
The light at the end of the tunnel is a headlight of an oncoming freight train.

Yep and there's only one track
Good (andrew) luck
I don't see things getting much worse. If Jed can just hire the right GM and leave it to him, then we should be heading in the right direction. Baalke's 2010 draft tells me he's got the right kind of mind to be a GM. I wouldn't mind seeing him in that role, despite the fact that he's never been a GM before.
The only way things could get worse is if they stay the same. Even if we get a GM and he isn't the real deal.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we get a half decent Qb might I'll see the light.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by dj43:
Won't know the answer to that until the organizational structure is made clear and the new HC is in place.

+Absolutely+

This is what I was going to say.

All we have right now is the rumor mill.

Right now, we're all in the dark. We just have to wait and see.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The moment Alex Smith is no longer a 49er, we will automatically become a better football team and organization. That moment will be after tomorrow's game.

They will sign and Make D Carr their starting QB and you'll be thinking Maybe A Smith wasnt the worst QB we could have kept...
Originally posted by WildBill:

WildBill only problem with that is many Niner fans werent Niner fans during B Walsh's 1st 2 years he was the coach they just know what happened afterwards...and Yeah I have 6to 7agree with you 100% that had there been internet back in the late 70s you'd hearing nothing but Get this B Walsh guy out of here...what fans refuse to believe is Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20...Just like I remember Almost every niner fan telling me the Niners will NEVER win with S Young as their QB...well it took him a few years but in 94 he finally dumped that Monkey off his back. Funny thing was when I said something to those Niner fans they were like I NEVER said anything like that.
Yes... and that light has a name...

Jim Harbaugh.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
The light at the end of the tunnel is a headlight of an oncoming freight train.

Share 49ersWebzone