There are 234 users in the forums

Latest info from Jason Laconfora

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by daWest:
Originally posted by Joecool:
LOL. He will retain Alex and try to hit lightning in a bottle twice with crap QBs.

Word.

It's hilarious to me that you guys actually think Alex Smith would STAY in San Fran. Would you stay in a workplace where your bosses screamed at you, your co-workers had no faith in you, and customers boo'ed you?

GIVE ME A BREAK.

He got everything he deserved.
LOL. He will retain Alex and try to hit lightning in a bottle twice with crap QBs.

Word.

It's hilarious to me that you guys actually think Alex Smith would STAY in San Fran. Would you stay in a workplace where your bosses screamed at you, your co-workers had no faith in you, and customers boo'ed you?

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Word. in regards to "he will try to catch lightning in a bottle twice"

i dont doubt that alex is gone...i bet he goes home to SD and backs up Rivers

but thats beside the point

the point being made is billick has a bad habit of trying to formulate a winning strategy with mediocre to poor QBs...

and it is highly likely that he attempts to do things in the same manner once presented w/ his next opportunity to coach an nfl team

[ Edited by daWest on Jan 1, 2011 at 12:08:20 ]
Originally posted by BobS:

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

What an ignorant statement.

Look, I wasn't defending Alex Smith's performances or shortcomings on the football field. I was just saying there is NO WAY he is going to come back. Everyone is talking like a coach comes in here to "retain" him. He is a FA and will be gone.

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Look, I wasn't defending Alex Smith's performances or shortcomings on the football field. I was just saying there is NO WAY he is going to come back. Everyone is talking like a coach comes in here to "retain" him. He is a FA and will be gone.

Well thank God.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

So I suppose you are one of those 21 century psychologists that believes in nothing but positive reinforcement. I guess if you gave Alex Smith the key to the city for stinking up the place 6 years, he would have played better. This is the real world, do good and you are rewarded and praised, do bad and you are ridiculed and treated poorly. You reap what you sow. Nothing ignorant about that, it is fact.

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

So I suppose you are one of those 21 century psychologists that believes in nothing but positive reinforcement. I guess if you gave Alex Smith the key to the city for stinking up the place 6 years, he would have played better. This is the real world, do good and you are rewarded and praised, do bad and you are ridiculed and treated poorly. You reap what you sow. Nothing ignorant about that, it is fact.

This.
Wow!

Even his turned into an Alex Smith thread

Never has there been a more polarizing figure in 49er history

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

First of all, calm down. Second, did you even read past that? Where I said I didn't defend Alex Smith? When did I ever say he did a good job? Or that there was positive reinforcement? Way to put words in my mouth and jump to conclusions in a defensive rage.

"He got everything he deserved" is ignorant because look at you sitting behind your computer bagging on a young kid who didn't succeed. To say it's time to move on and that he isn't the answer - alright. But really? I'm sure you were part of the embarrassment that was our crowd chanting for David Carr.
Originally posted by rubbersoul80:
Originally posted by 190836:
beggars can't be choosers, if we can't land Harbough or any other top HC, we'lll be lucky to get Billick. Many of these guys don't want to work for the Yorks.

THIS.

That

One HUGE negative factor is the York connection. They've made this organization a damn near undesirable destination because of all of the FO bullsht. The pickings will be real slim if we don't land Harbaugh. Thanks to the York influence, we'll be fortunate to be able to get Billick at this point because after Harbaugh, we may be left out in the cold with some of the other gigs that are open and possibly opening up after Sunday. Billick is more likely than both Harbaugh and Gruden IMO.
All season any time Billick would call a Niner game he basically seemed to be gushing over the talent. At times it almost seemed like he was auditioning. I want a guy that wants to be here. Everyone acts like Harbaugh will be this great savior, but the fact is he is an unknown commidity at the NFL level. I would be willing to bet my bank account that 80 percent of the posters on this board calling for Harbaugh (myself included) dont know squat about the man other than he is the sexy pick. Yes, there is a chance he can turn out great, but there is also a very good chance he is average or below. IMO, the only thing driving the Harbaugh train on Niner Talk is the HOPE that some how we'll catch lighting in a bottle and duplicate B.Walsh part deux. I'm open to Harbaugh, but Billick/Lewis is a much safer pick as they should be able to clean up in the NFC WEST.

P.S. I'm pulling for the Billick/Lewis/Palmer package!

P.S. to my P.S. Don't you guys think we already have enough rookies in the FO (Jed,Trent,Harbaugh)? I mean, we need some experience.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 1, 2011 at 12:33:43 ]

Originally posted by teeohh:
No head coach has ever won the super bowl with two different teams

But plenty of them have gotten back to the Superbowl with a 2nd team.

Besides, how many coaches have coached a super bowl winner?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by mayo49:
If we don't get Harbaugh, Billick would be a nice fall back.

Agreed. If we must fall back I'd prefer Billick to Schottenheimer or Mularkey.

RETREAD CITY

Because the non-retread guys were so good....Erickson....Nolan... Singletary...

Dennis Erickson was a former NFL Head Coach too.
No damn it, no! f**k no! f**k NO!!!

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

I agree with you for the most part but here's where I think you're wrong. The players on offense do seem to have major faith in Alex. Well, except Crabtree anyways. If he had any desire to stay it would probably have a lot to do with Frank Gore and Vernon Davis and I wouldn't be surprised if those two guys wanted him back more than any of the available free agents or rookies for next season.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Word.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

I agree with you for the most part but here's where I think you're wrong. The players on offense do seem to have major faith in Alex. Well, except Crabtree anyways. If he had any desire to stay it would probably have a lot to do with Frank Gore and Vernon Davis and I wouldn't be surprised if those two guys wanted him back more than any of the available free agents or rookies for next season.[/quote]

Weak argument. Of course Davis wants him back, he's probably got 100k worth of "11-85 chemistry" inventory still sitting in his living room.....LOL

J/K
Share 49ersWebzone