Manusky's D

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eff Manusky...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
but he has the "Magic Package"

haha, the magic package, where like 6 blitz and magically none make it to the qb

Haha
the Niners best D under Manusky was the second half of the 2009 season--
Clements was on IR--Dre Bly played good and Spencer had his best year.
Goldson had a decent second half---Lewis and Roman were experienced if slow.
the pass rush was pretty good with Brooks---a lot of that was Franklin having a career year and taking on 2 OL.

I would prefer a new D coordinator and better players!
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Soon he will be running the "unemployed" coverage

Oh he'll get picked up quicker than you'd believe. There are teams that could use him.

Hopefully someone in the division so we can play him twice a year.
I think its funny how he tries to play the 'bend but don't break' defense, but we still get burned on the deep play..
is not good enough...
Bend then break defense.

Cushions of at least 3 yards more than the distance of the 1st down.

Hasn't been able to defend a screen for his entire tenure. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

One part of Man's defense that bothers me are the standing defensive lineman. I have yet to see any of the interior D lineman get anywhere close to the QB when they stand up.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will be smart and get a pass rusher and a corner this offseason.
---doesn't warrant keeping him on another yr. Again, we need HOFO help here, and parcells would be my choice...even if only in consultative capacity.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
---doesn't warrant keeping him on another yr. Again, we need HOFO help here, and parcells would be my choice...even if only in consultative capacity.

Parcells as consultant to GM would be my choice as well. Wade Phillips would be my pick for defensive coordinator.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
but he has the "Magic Package"

haha, the magic package, where like 6 blitz and magically none make it to the qb

Haha

Manudsky's D worked best against Bulger's package.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
All Show No Go!!!
Share 49ersWebzone