There are 279 users in the forums

4 Reasons Why the GM Search is NOT a Sham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

2. Jed is no dummy and he knows Niner fans are not dummies either.

Are you so sure about this part???

So do you think that every poster in Niner Talk is smarter than Jed is? If a tactic like this would be blatantly obvious to everyone in Niner Talk it's obvious to him. Get real.

Oh God no. Not even a little. Only the Deomcrats can save the 49ers!!!
#3 should be in bold and should be #1. The biggest reason he needs to get this right is because of the new stadium....period.
Seriously. I don't think it is either.

And I hate how people on here act like they know how to run an NFL team. Winning the Superbowl in Madden on Rookie doesn't mean you are capable to run a team in real life.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by RaiderYoda:
Say what you will about Al Davis, but I wonder if Jed has spoken to him and asked him for any advice, pointers, tips, etc? He's right next door. Just saying.....

your a radier fan ???

"you're" not "your" I thought you Niner fans were educated?!

[ Edited by RaiderYoda on Dec 30, 2010 at 16:46:43 ]
why are we promotin baalke when he is still under contract? we can keep him in his current capacity and hire a more experienced gm. Just because we hire a new GM, doesnt mean Baalke is gone
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Say what you will about Al Davis, but I wonder if Jed has spoken to him and asked him for any advice, pointers, tips, etc? He's right next door. Just saying.....

your a radier fan ???

Not me I'm from the hood.

Lol

What you doing here ?

your a radier fan ???

Lol

What you doing here ?

More drama here in Ninerland.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

your a radier fan ???

Lol

What you doing here ?

True that.

So your boys gonna dump Cable ?

your a radier fan ???

Lol

What you doing here ?

Troll.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I haven't really decided what I think yet but I can certainly make a few counter arguments.

1. Of course Jed is busy with interviews, if he wants to avoid fines from Rooney Rule violations he'd better be.

2. Jed may or may not be smart, but he IS a spoiled rich kid who woke up Christmas morning and found an NFL team under the tree. As far as the fanbase being smart, well 10 minutes in ninertalk would disabuse him of that notion. I'm sure Jed wants to win as much as anyone, but I'm not at all confident in his ability to recruit guys 20-30 years his senior to come be his employees. How would you like to be a 50 odd year old man with 25 years of NFL experience and have a 29 year old spoiled brat be your boss?

3. Of course they want this to work. OF course they want good PR.

4. Eddie D is family. Do you really think he would air his true feelings if they were publicly damaging to Jed?

I think the most important reason is this:

If the people who are interviewing saw all the reports about it being a sham and Baalke having it locked up, why would they waste their time coming here and talking to Jed? La Confora said today that others that we are looking to hire are Floyd Reese and he named a bunch of other candidates. Why would they waste their time?

Al Davis???? lol no thanks....
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Seriously. I don't think it is either.

And I hate how people on here act like they know how to run an NFL team. Winning the Superbowl in Madden on Rookie doesn't mean you are capable to run a team in real life.

Hey there, I play on All Madden. But seriously, I don't think people necessarily think they know how to run an NFL team themselves. They just look at how successful teams are run and want that style duplicated for our organization. After all, it's not like our front office has demonstrated the ability to run an NFL team either.
Originally posted by suckafree17:

Al Davis???? lol no thanks....

Yeah, advice from this guy? No thanks.
all time worst
Share 49ersWebzone