There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you want Baalke as the next GM

Do you want Baalke as the next GM

No!!!
Baalke is highly regarded in NFL circles. He had a solid draft and is a supposed to be a good personnel guy. I think we need a change, but not at the cost of passing by a qualified young smart guy. I think its too easy to knee jerk react in this situation. Take the best qualified take the best available option. If Baalke is the right guy he is. I'm not saying he is or is not. But simply saying because he was part of a regime that failed therefore would be a bad option is stupid.

Thats like saying because our defense was bad this year, and Patrick Willis was part of our defense he was therefore bad. Thats flawed logic. Just because the overall product was bad, doesn't mean there are not good parts.
Originally posted by GoldRushGirl:
How could I really say no to him. None of us know what kind of job he can do, anyone can speculate negatively about him only time will tell.

One bright spot about getting him is that he is going to be hungry to make his name for himself. Unlike guys who have names already they could just hide behind their past and just get paid. I rather go with the guy that is hungry.

You make too much sense! That won't set well with the Chicken Little Crowd. Oh and welcome to the Zone!
If it was a fair interview process and Baalke turned out to be a clear cut winner than I wouldn't have a problem with it. However due to all the rumors about Baalke, it's going to be impossible to know if it really was an honest process if Baalke is selected. Jed's in a tight spot, if he really was intending for it to be an honest interview and he believes Baalke is the best guy for the job, he'll have to deal with a PR nightmare on his hands.
Originally posted by danimal:
nope. He is part of the problem. We need a complete rebuild. Everybody needs to be replaced by somebody from the outside

Good lets fire everyone on our team while we are at it. According to your logic, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Iupati, and Andy Lee should be let go and replaced with outside players. They were all part of the problem.

Like I said earlier. Just because an overall product is bad doesn't mean that all the parts are bad. I'm not making an argument one way or another on whether Baalke is the right man for the job. I am just saying if he is the best option we should take him and not simply pass him up because he was part of a poor regime.
I don't know enough about him to say yes or no. But when I hear we want an experienced guy for the team, I am thinking someone who has a proven track record of doing the job and doing it right. I think that is a long way from "well Baalke basicly did the job this year just without the title". With the mess we've had this year, I'm not sure how anyone could call that experience - and it certainly isn't experience in a situation where anything was done well or right.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,758
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Originally posted by danimal:
nope. He is part of the problem. We need a complete rebuild. Everybody needs to be replaced by somebody from the outside

Good lets fire everyone on our team while we are at it. According to your logic, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Iupati, and Andy Lee should be let go and replaced with outside players. They were all part of the problem.

Like I said earlier. Just because an overall product is bad doesn't mean that all the parts are bad. I'm not making an argument one way or another on whether Baalke is the right man for the job. I am just saying if he is the best option we should take him and not simply pass him up because he was part of a poor regime.

I'm assuming by "everybody", he meant the management staff and not the players themselves.
I would like a complete overhaul.why would we keep baalke when he has been taking credit for mccloughan draft board in this years draft
Baalke benifitted from mccluelesses draft board this year.why is he getting creditted for it?
Originally posted by bigdon76bomber:
Baalke benifitted from mccluelesses draft board this year.why is he getting creditted for it?

Also its not like this years draft is lighting the world on fire. Iupati is the only one that played good. Other then that there was no much impact. People are just grading him off of potential of these picks.
Originally posted by bigdon76bomber:
Baalke benifitted from mccluelesses draft board this year.why is he getting creditted for it?

How good was the draft? Iupati and ...................................................
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for OX49er253.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Originally posted by danimal:
nope. He is part of the problem. We need a complete rebuild. Everybody needs to be replaced by somebody from the outside

Good lets fire everyone on our team while we are at it. According to your logic, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Iupati, and Andy Lee should be let go and replaced with outside players. They were all part of the problem.

Like I said earlier. Just because an overall product is bad doesn't mean that all the parts are bad. I'm not making an argument one way or another on whether Baalke is the right man for the job. I am just saying if he is the best option we should take him and not simply pass him up because he was part of a poor regime.

I'm assuming by "everybody", he meant the management staff and not the players themselves.


I'm aware...just a simple analogy

[ Edited by OX49er253 on Dec 30, 2010 at 15:59:35 ]
My feelings on Baalke is that he doesn't have the experience necessary to be a gm, when you have guys like Holmgren out there, even Parcells would put together a good team (not the highest on him, but he has put together some good teams), and other people with more experience than Baalke. I just hope we bring in a gm that will bring the WCO back to this team, where we have brought in 5 superbowls Vs. 0 superbowls with any other system Pre 1979 and post 2002.
Originally posted by niteshade80:
My feelings on Baalke is that he doesn't have the experience necessary to be a gm, when you have guys like Holmgren out there, even Parcells would put together a good team (not the highest on him, but he has put together some good teams), and other people with more experience than Baalke. I just hope we bring in a gm that will bring the WCO back to this team, where we have brought in 5 superbowls Vs. 0 superbowls with any other system Pre 1979 and post 2002.

You do realize that Holmgren isn't technically "out there", since he's currently another teams GM, right?
Saving money. that's all they are doing. They need experienced coaches to get the 49ers back to being a playoff team that can challenge for a superbowl title. The 49ers front office is to inexperienced to see Baalke a great talent. He spent the past eight years with the team. This almost has similarites to the president hiring his or her staff, and giving a job title based on a favor.

As for Harbaugh. Sure he has done great in college. It doesn't mean he's going to be a great head coach. Even if we trade up to get Luck. It's not going to matter unless the 49ers can utilize his talent in the pros.