LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Underappreciated: Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What are we going to do if we lose this guy? That is going to hurt. He's like the Bob Mckittric of the Dline.
[ Edited by KungFuJoe on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM ]
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Man this guy is so awesome...u can tell he really loves his players.

He deserves a ring!!

Definitely a fan of him. Were can I get that jacket tho?
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Former coach for the Scottish Claymores, he's my man.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Best positional coach in the NFL.

Im not so sure. Whoever is coaching those DB's up in Seattle is doing a damn good job.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000314000/Sound-FX-49ers-vs-Panthers

His intensity on the sidelines
I'm not sure he's really underappreciated. Pretty much everyone who is a knowledgeable fan loves him.

I don't want him to move up the ranks and I'm not sure how good he'd be in other positions, but he's so consistent it seems like you can just give him anyone with good enough size and physical ability and he'll make them a quality player, so long as they want it.

He's similar to Harbaugh in that yea, they know all of the details when it comes to design, tactics, and schemes, but the most important factor is the intensity and how that inspires the most intensisty in the players.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:20 AM ]
There is a good chance that if Greg Roman leaves that he'll bring Tomosula along as DC. So if JT wants prestige can't do anything, but hope that bribery (more money) works.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000314000/Sound-FX-49ers-vs-Panthers

watch from 4:12. this guy LIVES with the Dlinemen. BLUDGEON!!
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Jan 16, 2014 at 4:15 AM ]
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

I think he's saying "bloodshed", but yeah the guy is intense to say the least! Hopefully he's not going anywhere just yet...
Originally posted by Theswede:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

I think he's saying "bloodshed", but yeah the guy is intense to say the least! Hopefully he's not going anywhere just yet...

Either way works well with that face of his. lol I love seeing him with Dorsey. he really likes that kid

He can't leave until he finishes with Okoye Dial and Tank!!!
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I'm not sure he's really underappreciated. Pretty much everyone who is a knowledgeable fan loves him.

I don't want him to move up the ranks and I'm not sure how good he'd be in other positions, but he's so consistent it seems like you can just give him anyone with good enough size and physical ability and he'll make them a quality player, so long as they want it.

He's similar to Harbaugh in that yea, they know all of the details when it comes to design, tactics, and schemes, but the most important factor is the intensity and how that inspires the most intensisty in the players.

Post was made almost 4 years ago. At the time, not a whole lot of people knew him like they do now. He has gained a lot more fame over the past few years.
While it's not the NFL, Tomsula was the youngest head coach in NFL-E. He led the Rhine Fire to a 6-4 record in 2006. The man can coach...but realistically, his next step will likely be as DC. If Fangio retires, I'd hope JT would still be around to be in position to get that promotion. If not in SF, some team should give him that opportunity. He's simply the kind of coach players are willing to go through brick walls for. He's earned everything he's gotten, more often than not, the hard way. I have a ton of repect for the guy.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
What are we going to do if we lose this guy? That is going to hurt. He's like the Bob Mckittric of the Dline.

Nice !!! ...I like that ....RIP Coach Mckittrick
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Best positional coach in the NFL.

Im not so sure. Whoever is coaching those DB's up in Seattle is doing a damn good job.

"Welcome to the team, new 5th round draft pick. Here, have some PEDs. Now, we're going to spend 8 hours a day practicing gripping jerseys. Now you're the best DB in the league."

Share 49ersWebzone