There are 204 users in the forums

Underappreciated: Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by westcoast9ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
the smartest thing Jim did is retaining him. If there's one thing, Jim recognizes talent.

This is true. I was concerned that after the 2010 season he was going to be released. He's the only coach leftover from the dark ages that I wanted even though our D line wasn't as fearsome at the time as it has been in recent years

Dont we still have solari as well?

Yes, Solari and Drevno are the OL coaches. Thank the lord Harbaugh kept Tomsula and Solari.

The holdovers were Tomsula, Solari, and Rathman. Drevno, Fangio, and Roman were from Harbaugh's Stanford's staff.

Hoooow did i forget rathman :(
500 hailmarys :) lmao
Originally posted by buck:
If I owned Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I would fire the idiot coach that they have immediately after this week's game and hire Tomsula.

The Bucs d-line would die of excitement.

Id be very depressed! Let em hire singletary and do nut cracker drills lmao
Tomsula seems like he is the type of guy that would make the jump straight from coaching dline to head coach. I don't know how good of a coordinator he would be. Obviously, im not privy to being around him all the time but in my opinion he would make a great head coach because he seems like he is an excellent motivator and leader of men. If he were to be a head coach he would need 2 excellent coordinators (3 including special teams) to be successful. So glad hes with us!
Originally posted by cory4903:
Tomsula seems like he is the type of guy that would make the jump straight from coaching dline to head coach. I don't know how good of a coordinator he would be. Obviously, im not privy to being around him all the time but in my opinion he would make a great head coach because he seems like he is an excellent motivator and leader of men. If he were to be a head coach he would need 2 excellent coordinators (3 including special teams) to be successful. So glad hes with us!

I love jim as dline coach....
Not to bring back bad memories but sing was seen as a leader and strong motivator as well!!
Jim i agree may be more, but we have no way to know! Just glad he is with us
Love this guy. Wish we could keep him forever.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SportsFan:

we are. He'll be promoted to HC when Harbaugh gets fired this offseason.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

we are. He'll be promoted to HC when Harbaugh gets fired this offseason.

Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by buck:
If I owned Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I would fire the idiot coach that they have immediately after this week's game and hire Tomsula.

The Bucs d-line would die of excitement.

Id be very depressed! Let em hire singletary and do nut cracker drills lmao

Yes, I'd be depressed as well. Close Thread, Close thread!
BUMP because this guy is a boss and one of the best in the business.
Real talk, the best coach the 49ers have and I believe the best DL coach in the NFL. Give him players and he'll mold them to maximize their talent and ability, like any great coach does.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i love him and his daughter.
Man this guy is so awesome...u can tell he really loves his players.

He deserves a ring!!
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 15, 2014 at 4:31 PM ]
Best positional coach in the NFL.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Definitely don't think he's underappreciated in SF...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by KegBert:

Definitely don't think he's underappreciated in SF...

I love me some Jimmy T
Share 49ersWebzone