• Veteran
Justin Smith thinks he will a great HC, but WTF does he know about football

You Niner Whiners gonna whine no matter who gets the job
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
Justin Smith thinks he will a great HC, but WTF does he know about football

Only reason I don't want Tomsula is because I want an offensive oriented head coach, has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

Today's NFL is an offensive driven league, outside of Seattle*, the best teams have offensive oriented head coaches.

*Denver doesn't count because Manning is the brains behind that operation, not Fox, he's just along for the ride.

Thats because we had the best option in place already.

The 49ers went full retard on this one.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Thats because we had the best option in place already.

The 49ers went full retard on this one.

How so?

Our offense is crap and woefully basic. FO asked Harbaugh and Roman to change it and make it better. They failed or were incapable. FO asked Harbaugh to get a better coordinator in. He refused.

Basically Jim will not address his shortcomings that have been evident over the last 4 years. The FO was basically faced with keep Jim and keep watching a horrible offense fail to get us over the hurdle despite having the same issues for four seasons, or they have to move on.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The way the NFL is setup today the head coach should have an offensive background. If a defensive minded coach is hired and is lucky enough to hire a good OC that OC will leave for a better position.

100% agree. We learned this the hard way.

Darrell Bevell is the best choice. Strengthen us and weaken our enemy. Success with a similarly built offensive team (except greater raw talent at QB in Kap - scary to think what Bevell could do with that).
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:
This guy should be given the chance to coach the rest of the way. This team has quite on Harbaugh and he doesn't want to be here. Let Tomsula go forward and cut the oc as well and promote the qb coach. and lets see what we got.

Tomsula is a great DL coach, but he would be about as successful as Mike Singletary as the HC. Screaming "BLUDGEON!!" at the players isn't going to translate.

Hahahaha, so true
Tomsula? Who needs Mike Singletary 2.0.
That's exactly what Tomsula would be
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
This is the most unpatient fanbase. Good teams are going to have bad years. When you go that deep into the playoffs for three straight seasons and are suffering the injuries we have to key personnel you are going to have some hiccups. Even bill walsh had some bad years. The key in the nfl is continuity. Switching head coaches every 4 years is a recipe for disaster. Maybe the person calling the plays needs to go, but to change the entire coaching staff at this point would be just plain stupid. What we need is to get our injured and suspended players back, and reinforce the trenches during the offseason.
Ummm no! After Walsh had his 1st winning season, he never did worse than a 10-6 record in a season. So no Bill Walsh never did have any bad years :-)
[ Edited by 49ersPrincipality on Dec 28, 2014 at 5:41 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
I understand Tomsula is a great coach and I believe that, he's a fan favorite and probably players as well but how can Tomsula help the offense? Because the team had a coach that preach and that didn't go well. A head coach can only do so much, what I want to know is why fans are calling for Harbaugh head?

That's easy. He'd bring in a top OC. People are calling for Harbaugh's head because he is an offensive dunderhead. Fangio and Tomsula's defense carried him for 3 years and covered up many of his offensive liabilities, like horrible game planning, bad play calling, terrible clock management, not knowing when to challenge, not making proper halftime adjustments, and apparently treating grown men like college kids. He's much more suited to the college game where the players are only there for 3-4 years, then leave. His act grows old among mature men.

Originally posted by 49ersPrincipality:
Tomsula would be one if my last choices, but lets be fair, how do you know he would be Singletary 2.0? None of us know if he is qualified or not.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Dec 28, 2014 at 8:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by 49ersPrincipality:
Tomsula would be one if my last choices, but lets be fair, how do you know he would be Singletary 2.0? None of us know if he is qualified or not.

I actually like Tomsula a lot as a HC, just not HC of this 49ers team. I echo those who are calling for an offensive HC candidate.

If at the end of the day they do select Tomsula to be the HC that'd be ok with me even if he's isn't even in my top 3.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The way the NFL is setup today the head coach should have an offensive background. If a defensive minded coach is hired and is lucky enough to hire a good OC that OC will leave for a better position.

100% agree. We learned this the hard way.

Darrell Bevell is the best choice. Strengthen us and weaken our enemy. Success with a similarly built offensive team (except greater raw talent at QB in Kap - scary to think what Bevell could do with that).

That might actually make them better. Don't want them getting an OC that can actually take advantage of Wilson and lynch. Their offensive right now consists of Wilson running around, lucky plays, and when that fails run lynch into the ground. Let their offense stay that way.

We need to find the next Bruce Arians.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Only reason I don't want Tomsula is because I want an offensive oriented head coach, has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

Today's NFL is an offensive driven league, outside of Seattle*, the best teams have offensive oriented head coaches.

*Denver doesn't count because Manning is the brains behind that operation, not Fox, he's just along for the ride.

Fox took a Jake Delhomme lead team to the superbowl and almost won. He's a very good coach.
All I gotta say on this is when this fails, I absolutely guarantee it will, Baalke needs to go next.
Share 49ersWebzone