LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Underappreciated: Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:
This guy should be given the chance to coach the rest of the way. This team has quite on Harbaugh and he doesn't want to be here. Let Tomsula go forward and cut the oc as well and promote the qb coach. and lets see what we got.

Originally posted by WINiner:
This guy should be given the chance to coach the rest of the way. This team has quite on Harbaugh and he doesn't want to be here. Let Tomsula go forward and cut the oc as well and promote the qb coach. and lets see what we got.

That's how coach Harbs going to be looking in two weeks!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol so funny
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Either you misspelled "quit" or I have no idea what you're saying. Regardless, I don't see Tomsula being the answer. That said, I'm sure he'd light a fire. Bludgeon!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
only undefeated HC in 49ers history
I understand Tomsula is a great coach and I believe that, he's a fan favorite and probably players as well but how can Tomsula help the offense? Because the team had a coach that preach and that didn't go well. A head coach can only do so much, what I want to know is why fans are calling for Harbaugh head?
Originally posted by crabman82:
only undefeated HC in 49ers history
Lmao! True!

Tomsula is a great DL coach, but he would be about as successful as Mike Singletary as the HC. Screaming "BLUDGEON!!" at the players isn't going to translate.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about Coach "Bludgeon" but your right Jimbo has checked out on us. At this point he can't wait to get to Michigan and that's fine he can take Coach ZERO with him.

What makes you think they quit? Because we lose some close games that means the team has quite Your watching to much ESPN
[ Edited by TexasNiner915 on Nov 4, 2014 at 5:11 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
"BLUDGEON!" wont work, but "Who's got it better than us?" sure.
The way the NFL is setup today the head coach should have an offensive background. If a defensive minded coach is hired and is lucky enough to hire a good OC that OC will leave for a better position.
As much as I love Tomsula I can't I would be confident with him as head coach.

For starters I was never a fan of defensive minded head coaches because they tend to play not to lose instead of playing to win and going conservative instead of going for the jugular usually winds up burning you in the in with how offense centric the NFL is.

The second and main thing which is what mainly doomed Singletary is can he assemble a top notch staff? Singletary couldn't attract any talent at all in the coaching positions and to me that's a huge part of a team's success.
Share 49ersWebzone