There are 226 users in the forums

In Your OPINION, the WORST Player to Don a Niner Uniform.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Alex Smith was far from the worst.

I'd say Kevin Smith the CB.

How about the CB We had last year, Keith Smith.

The one that allowed the deep pass in the seahawks game last year which led to a game winning FG, that knocked us out of the playoffs.

We would've made the playoffs last year if we won that game!

we also would have won prior to that if Gore didn't fumble inside their territory but that's neither here nor there. Wasn't Drunkenmiller spoken pretty highly of by our own Bill Walsh with Jake Plummer still available? There have been so many bad players, it's hard to pinpoint just one
Originally posted by 619sandiego49er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I was gonna say Kwame Harris and then I remembered this guy:

DING DING DING!!!!!
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!
this guy sucked

Yeah man, I still remember the Charger game when we had a chance to win it all we needed was the 3 points man...I was there that night and I remember how I wanted to find him and kill him..

Saying that he is only a PK ...My vote goes to Alex Smith

[ Edited by 49ermark on Dec 31, 2010 at 05:58:32 ]
MARQUEZ POPE!!!

• krizay
  • Veteran
Sammie Davis

While Woods only had one good game for us. Davis actually made our secondary worse.

Anyone who says Kwame Harris is just blinded. Though he was definitely the most hated. Wasn't even close to being the worst player.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by nooj:
No player affected this franchise more than #11 in the past decade. He is therefore the WORST player to don a niner uniform.

Exactly. Even early in the 2000s we were in playoff games. Only when the Alex era was beginning did we stay down for so long. The lowpoint in franchise history my friends. The good thing is it goes in cycles and our time is coming once again.

You guys are ignorant if this is your take on this topic. The problem is that in 2004 we dumped 90% of our talent. It is easy to blame someone that had nothing to do with the root of the problem, but if you use the brain the Good Lord gave you, you would be able to see that no matter who we picked with that #1 pick, they would not have been able to overcome what had just been done to this team by its front office.

Yeah, and we gave some of that talent back to Alex from 2006-2010. Didnt do much with it, now did he ?

Also, Sam Bradford went to the worst team in the NFL and what's his excuse? He threw for more 300 Yard games in his rookie year than Alex has in his sorry-ass 6 year career!

He has a better talent level around him, he has more talent. I am just saying that Smith is nowhere close to the worst player I have seen in a niner uniform. He is not even the worst QB we have ever had. If you think anything other than that you are just ignorant or a jackass...or both.

First of all, Sam Bradford does NOT have better talent around him. Actually, he has NO talent around him (besides Stephen Jackson, who is worse than Gore). That is why a lot of NFL analysts are impressed with him. He achieved a LOT with a lot less than Alex had.

Two, ALEX IS the worst QB who donned a uniform based on EXPECTATIONS. You can put Rattay, Dorsey, or even Druckenmiller into the mix, but none of these guys were EXPECTED to do what Alex was supposed to. On top of that, none of them served as one of the main anchors that held the team down for such a long period of time. You can defend Smith all you want, but Smith was a MAIN REASON (on top of many) why the team has been so bad since 2005.
OT Jamie Brown. Hands down! Anyone remember him? We got him from the bronco's in 98.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
OT Jamie Brown. Hands down! Anyone remember him? We got him from the bronco's in 98.

Pure garbage.
there's been too much trash to remember them all, but here are a few:

Gabe Wilkins
Owen Pochman
JJ Stokes
Jim Druckenmiller
Israel Ifeanyi
No player affected this franchise more than #11 in the past decade. He is therefore the WORST player to don a niner uniform.

Exactly. Even early in the 2000s we were in playoff games. Only when the Alex era was beginning did we stay down for so long. The lowpoint in franchise history my friends. The good thing is it goes in cycles and our time is coming once again.

You guys are ignorant if this is your take on this topic. The problem is that in 2004 we dumped 90% of our talent. It is easy to blame someone that had nothing to do with the root of the problem, but if you use the brain the Good Lord gave you, you would be able to see that no matter who we picked with that #1 pick, they would not have been able to overcome what had just been done to this team by its front office.

Yeah, and we gave some of that talent back to Alex from 2006-2010. Didnt do much with it, now did he ?

Also, Sam Bradford went to the worst team in the NFL and what's his excuse? He threw for more 300 Yard games in his rookie year than Alex has in his sorry-ass 6 year career!

He has a better talent level around him, he has more talent. I am just saying that Smith is nowhere close to the worst player I have seen in a niner uniform. He is not even the worst QB we have ever had. If you think anything other than that you are just ignorant or a jackass...or both.

Haha whatever man. Would love to see you try to explain that one. His WR corp is even worse than the one that went 1-15 last year. In case you haven't noticed, his top 2 WRs have been gone all season (Clayton and Donnie Avery). His main 'threats' are guys named Billy Bajema, Daniel Fells, Denario Alexander, Brandon Gibson; these are all practice squad no-namers for any other team in football. The Rams would trade skill position players with us in a heartbeat. Just keep telling yourself that though...

Haha whatever man. Would love to see you try to explain that one. His WR corp is even worse than the one that went 1-15 last year. In case you haven't noticed, his top 2 WRs have been gone all season (Clayton and Donnie Avery). His main 'threats' are guys named Billy Bajema, Daniel Fells, Denario Alexander, Brandon Gibson; these are all practice squad no-namers for any other team in football. The Rams would trade skill position players with us in a heartbeat. Just keep telling yourself that though...

If they draft Justin Blackmon this year and have Clayton and Avery come back healthy with Amendola , we are going to have a lot of problems with Bradford for a LONG time

• Jiks
Not a player, but our pitiful fanbase... Right now the immaturity and complete pompous fanbase is embarrassing. Not just do to all the Alex conversation, but look at the board. I hate Sing., I hate York, I hate Alex, I hate Rachal, I hate Raye, I hate, I hate, I hate, cry cry cry, paper bags, walk-out, wha, wha.

Sorry to be an A$$ but this is my honest to God opinion. I think our fanbase is a spoiled rotten bunch of crybabies...
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Not a player, but our pitiful fanbase... Right now the immaturity and complete pompous fanbase is embarrassing. Not just do to all the Alex conversation, but look at the board. I hate Sing., I hate York, I hate Alex, I hate Rachal, I hate Raye, I hate, I hate, I hate, cry cry cry, paper bags, walk-out, wha, wha.

Sorry to be an A$$ but this is my honest to God opinion. I think our fanbase is a spoiled rotten bunch of crybabies...

Yeah. Good job we don't don the uniform.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Just remembering that we wasted a 2nd round pick on him makes me sick. I couldn't even find a pic of him as a niner lol.

BUT.... he had long arms !?
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Just remembering that we wasted a 2nd round pick on him makes me sick. I couldn't even find a pic of him as a niner lol.

BUT.... he had long arms !?

And that was in a year we didn't have a first. Useless
Anyone that says Alex Smith just sounds like a scorn lover. Sure, he hasn't been good, but he's nowhere near the worst. Not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone