LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

In Your OPINION, the WORST Player to Don a Niner Uniform.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jose Cortez.
Does anyone remember that white guy who used to return kicks for us and cost us playoff games in mutiple years>?
Marquez pope and Adam walker , both of them were trash in playoff games against the packers
  • ZRF80
My top 5 (in no particular order)

Alex Smith
Jim Druckenmiller
Kwame Harris
Jose Cortez
***Antonio Langham

For me, it's all about expectations. I have no problem with drafting or signing a subpar player IF we didnt expect anything from him to begin with. The above stated guys came with a lot of expectations.

Alex Smith - you can check all the other threads for my feelings on this one. In summary, he was supposed to be the face of this franchise. He failed at multiple levels, and is ONE of the many reasons why this franchise has not turned things around in the last decade. Considering there are other QBs that came into the league with him/after him that are now successful, it just makes it hurt a little bit more.

Jim Druckenmiller - everyone knew Young's career was coming to an end. He was supposed to carry the torch. Like Smith, he failed miserably. His lack of QB ability doesnt hurt all that much cause he wasnt around long enough. Yet, his failures prevented the "smooth" transition we wouldve liked from one QB to the next. Thank God for Jeff Garcia, since he did give us some hope for the next couple years. But Druckemiller was a reality check......and after watching him play, I started to come to terms that all good things DO come to an end.

Kwame Harris - when you think of an oline, you like to think of it as a whole. Rarely do players in the position get individual accolades; its more of a group effort. But this guy takes the cake.......he transformed what was an acceptable/above average line into a s**tpile. His penalties cost us a LOT of points, and even I (an Alex hater) will acknowledge that a lot of TDs were left on the field because of his ineptness. His biggest credit was his ability to overshadow the suckiness we call Alex Smith. As long as Kwame was playing, our attention was always on him, and not on Alex. Congrats..........that takes a lot of effort.

Jose Cortez - Im not a violent guy, but this may be the only player in Niner history that I wanted to punch in the face. Never in history has kicking an extra point been so stressful. The guy shanked more kicks that I can remember. Two awful memories come to mind. One, we lost to Arizona with Jeff Blake (!) s their QB cause Cortez couldnt kick a FG for his life, and TWO.......the overtime game against Oakland, where they had a pick of TO on the sidelines praying that Cortez would come through. If only Larry Allen had sat on the guy when he had gotten a chance. But anyways, this is one loser whose career Id like to forget.

***Antonio Langham - remember how bad our defense became after Neion Deion left ? Hell, Eddie D tried to buy us another ring in 97 by going out and signing a bunch of has beens (eg Kevin Greene, Rod Woodson). But that didnt work out, and when some of the old farts left the team......we were left with the worst CB combos in the league. Along comes Antonio Langham, the supposed "savior" of our defense. He was supposed to be our next Deion..........or at least Eric Davis. Instead, he turned out to be a huge bust........which made our porous defense even more exposed, as the team had no choice but to line him up against the opposition's best receivers. But thank God for the WCO, and Young's ability to carry the team on his shoulders........or the dynasty could have ended a lot sooner than 1999. Why the asterisk ? Because he only played for 1 year on the team, and therefore doesnt necessarily qualify as the worst ever.

My choices were based on EXPECTATIONS from a player in their respective positions. These guys were expected to either take the team to the next level, OR shore up a glaring deficiency in a specific aspect of our game. Instead, they did the opposite. They made matters worse..............
Originally posted by Faceless:
Does anyone remember that white guy who used to return kicks for us and cost us playoff games in mutiple years>?

Vinny Sutherland?
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Lawrence Phillips single handedly ended the dynasty
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I refuse to say his name...

**whispers**

"the Medxican't kicker."
mike rumph is fresh in my mind, dude couldnt cover a dead guy
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Alex Smith
aka
Alice Smith
aka
Alexis Smith
aka
Amber Smith
aka
Alejandra Smith
aka
P*SSY BOY!!!!!!!!!

U AINT GOT NOTHING ON RASHAUN WOODS FOO!!!!

Quit being so douchey. Gotta go with OJ. Great player, sh*tty human being.

What else would you expect from one of them?

Alexcuses

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
As far as players we expected big things from that delivered nothing, you have to include Antonio Langham and Gabe Wilkins in the discussion. Also that RB that made Steve Young get injured and retire, I forget his name.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
DARNELL WALKER

[ Edited by SaksV on Dec 29, 2010 at 21:29:15 ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Lawrence Phillips.

Yep, went to jail and ended Steve Young's career, not in that order unfortunately...
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Faceless:

Vinny Sutherland?

Travis Jervey?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Ken Dorsey, I think his best game was 140 yds passing. Anthony Clements was pretty bad also, he couldn't block his grandmother.
Share 49ersWebzone