There are 236 users in the forums

In Your OPINION, the WORST Player to Don a Niner Uniform.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 661Ninerfan:
Kwame Harris
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Carmazzi was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round (65th overall pick) of the 2000 NFL Draft (he was the 2nd quarterback taken all draft). However it was Tim Rattay - who wasn't selected until the seventh round of that draft - who ended up being the one to stick around and make the regular roster. Carmazzi was taken ahead of Bay Area resident Tom Brady, who wasn't taken until the 6th round. Brady was noted as being a doting 49ers fan and a huge Joe Montana lover and when he was not drafted by the 49ers, felt that he was slighted by the team. In following years, has seemed bitter as he mocked how the team picked Carmazzi but not him.

What happened with Carmazzi? Did he just suck or just get over looked? He wasn't bad at Hofstra.

The guy has zero stats never made a play not bad for the 2nd QB taken in the draft.
Lawrence Phillips.
Alex Smith. He has caused me so much anger and distress.
I'd have to say a tossup between Lawrence Phillips and Druckenmiller.
Alex Smith.
Originally posted by DKPthe49erfan:
Rashaun woods did nothing at all

Rashaun Woods gets my vote as well. He was the Jamarcus Russell of wide receivers.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I was gonna say Kwame Harris and then I remembered this guy:

DING DING DING!!!!!
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!
this guy sucked
Man you guys that are saying Alex Smith was the worst are just showing how you let your emotions override your sense, there have been quite a few players worse than him in a niner uniform.
Lawrence Phillips.

Nailed it.

Anyone who says Cortez really knows nothing about 49ers football. He is actually one of our better kickers all time.

Dude has our team record for consecutive field goals made. He only missed 2 game winning field goals while a 49er, and he redeemed one of them in the same game. The only major knock on him was he also got 2-3 kicks blocked.

I really don't know why zoners hate him so much. He is actually one of my favorite kickers all time. Extremely likable, great story (coming from the XFL, where he kicked barefoot).

And hello? He was followed a season later by Owen Pochman.
Sorry, I have to ignore the more than one year requirement and say Lawrence Phillips. He was trash as a player and as a person. I remember hearing the reports that Tom Rathman was fed up with him and had threatened to quit the team because of him. Rathman was/is one of my all-time favorite 49ers, and I couldn't believe a class guy like that would go that far - so I knew it had to be serious.

I was dreading that game against the Cardinals. I told my friends that night that I was worried they were going to put Young out, and when he took that hit I was just sick.

Rapist, thug, woman beater, car thief, and guilty of assaulting children. Does anyone know if he's even out of jail yet?
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith.

Do you think about the question? or does your hate for Alex blind you that much?

The 49ers failed Alex. He is not close to the worst.

Just remembering that we wasted a 2nd round pick on him makes me sick. I couldn't even find a pic of him as a niner lol.

[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 29, 2010 at 19:10:27 ]
Originally posted by aman49:
Anyone who says Cortez really knows nothing about 49ers football. He is actually one of our better kickers all time.

Dude has our team record for consecutive field goals made. He only missed 2 game winning field goals while a 49er, and he redeemed one of them in the same game. The only major knock on him was he also got 2-3 kicks blocked.

I really don't know why zoners hate him so much. He is actually one of my favorite kickers all time. Extremely likable, great story (coming from the XFL, where he kicked barefoot).

And hello? He was followed a season later by Owen Pochman.

I forgot about owen pochman, man, he was trash. worst kicker ever.
Share 49ersWebzone