There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith named the starter for week 17, Willis will miss his first game ever

I don't understand why they dont give Nate a shot. I mean we threw Troy out there and knew 1/2 the play book. It's obvious that Troy was more of a natural than happy feet Alex, might as well give Nate a shot. He seems like he has that natural ability to play QB, who cares if he's stupid, lets see what he has.
This should make it easier for us to lose the game come sunday

Amber Smith starting + Patrick Willis missing his 1st game ever

HOPE to Get that BIG L at the end of the day

COME ON DOWN TOP 5 PICK
Alex will play well because the Cards are the most likely landing spot for him next year.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Tomsula will want to win this game (even if it's only one game) to show his capability as a HC. He would want to leave a good reflection of himself for those that may be interested in hiring him for something better than what he now has.

Given that, Alex Smith HAS proven that he does WELL against the Arizona Cardinals and furthermore does VERY well playing at home.

Based on that, it's easy to understand his reasoning for selecting Alex.

Beyond that, I see no reason for keeping him but maybe he'll showcase his talent enough that other teams will show interest in picking him up.

Both to the advantage of Alex and the 49er's because they may be able to get a decent trade value for him.

I think Alex is an unrestricted free agent after this last game---so the Niners cannot trade him---he isn't under contract.

Ooops, I fergot! Senior moment and I can't see the 49er's making him a restricted agent.
I REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT P*SSY BOY (ALICE SMITH) HAS HIS WORST DAY AS A NINER

8/35 98 YARDS 0 TDS 5 INTS

YOU BETTER F*CKEN LOSE YOU F*CKEN PATHETIC LOSER
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Someone has some issues.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Someone has some issues.

-9fA

Its all good man, nothing wrong with a little passion.

You know...I do agree that Alex isn't good but to call him a "pu**y boy" is pretty stupid.

And what's with the vitriol against a guy you've never met and don't know? You realize this just makes you look a little pathetic.

I'll say it again..Alex Smith is just a 26 year old dude on an NFL team.

The way some of you "hate" this guy...you would think Alex is child molesting cannibal.

But I've gotta say...it's hilarious.

I can't help but think of this pic when I see posts like this:

I heart Niner Talk
I am disappointed to see Alex starting this weekend, as he is the most boring of all the BUMS we have playing QB on this team. Troy is at least more entertaining, just as hopeless but entertaining none the less. With Alex I have less than ZERO confidence in coming away with a win, somehow Troy leaves a glimmer of hope, and in yet another season that has contained less joy than a bucket of s**t, a little hope goes a long way!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

You know...I do agree that Alex isn't good but to call him a "pu**y boy" is pretty stupid.

And what's with the vitriol against a guy you've never met and don't know? You realize this just makes you look a little pathetic.

I'll say it again..Alex Smith is just a 26 year old dude on an NFL team.

The way some of you "hate" this guy...you would think Alex is child molesting cannibal.

But I've gotta say...it's hilarious.

I can't help but think of this pic when I see posts like this:

I heart Niner Talk

How old where you when you took tha pic bro?

you shouldnt expose your true self on the internet especially on the Zone

ya gonna get clown on big time

im just looking out for ya

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Wow

we are actually tanking

the sad thing is u could say this no matter who was named the starter, thats how bad our qbs are.

troy smith, alex smith, david carr, who cares they all suck
Willis is gonna be out? So, who starts in his place? Kristick or Bowman? Bowman has been awful this season, one penalty after another with that guy.

As far as Smith goes......... It'll be interesting to see how different the offense looks without Sing around. If they come out guns blazing, can we assume that Sing was holding them back? Hard to say........ But this late in the season, with nothing to play for, does it really matter?
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why give him a chance?

if he does well everyone will just want to resign him???

I woukd rather see Mike Robinson back there

do you even watch the 9ers??? he is a seahawk...

Yeah, I'd rather see Peyton Manning back there. Or Drew Brees even.

Seriously, doesn't this just constitute a tryout for Arizona? Don't we really WANT him to sign with them next year?

A friend of mine who is Cards fan said that he and many other Card fans want Alex on their squad. I told him to enjoy, we're done with him.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why give him a chance?

if he does well everyone will just want to resign him???

I woukd rather see Mike Robinson back there

do you even watch the 9ers??? he is a seahawk...

Yeah, I'd rather see Peyton Manning back there. Or Drew Brees even.

Seriously, doesn't this just constitute a tryout for Arizona? Don't we really WANT him to sign with them next year?

A friend of mine who is Cards fan said that he and many other Card fans want Alex on their squad. I told him to enjoy, we're done with him.
There is a substantial amount of fan support for Alex in Seattle as well. It seems as though everyplace but the 'zone appreciates what a nightmare this franchise has been the last 8 years and how hard that has made it on players.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Only time Alex Smith loss to Arizona at home was back in 2006, don't see us losing now. This SHOULD put us at pick #7 or #8.

He's only started against AZ 5 times and has an overall 2-3 record. He as a 1-2 record at at our house against AZ and a 1-1 record against them in Away games.

He can easily lose this game for us!