LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Patrick Willis and Justin Smith named to the NFC Pro Bowl team.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How many more years do we have Smith locked up? Looking back, the Niners have had a few nice FA pick ups. Walt Harris, J.Smith and TKO Spikes are my three favorites.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
How many more years do we have Smith locked up? Looking back, the Niners have had a few nice FA pick ups. Walt Harris, J.Smith and TKO Spikes are my three favorites.

Agreed.

Congrats to p52, J. Smith, and VD (recognition -- he'd be a STUD on any team that actually utilized his talents).
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Matt Barrows

Willis sat out 2010 Pro Bowl game with a swollen right knee that later needed surgery. He also could miss 2011 game due to his broken hand.

[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 28, 2010 at 18:02:54 ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Esco:
Tony Gonzalez made in on name alone

TG: 64 catches 603 yards 9.4 per catch 5 Tds

Davis: 53 catches 818 yards 15.4 per catch 6 Tds

Guess VD didn't get the votes

Vernon is better at this stage in his career. There is no question.

Rediculous.

Vernon got robbed! His stats are wayyyy better this year. And that is with crappy QB play!

damn you fan voting.

i believe fan voting only counts for 1/3 of the final tally, its the players who vote who dont take it seriously that skew everything

you take out that 1/3rd and vernon probably gets in.

maybe so, i just remember kyle turley saying players dont take the vote seriously and they'll intentially leave off a deserving guy they dont like

last week suggs said he would not vote for brady because he hates him

exactly, i would actually put more faith in the fans than the players, too many hidden agendas

coaches would play favorite too. and the AP would probably just vote in the big name guys.

FAAK. let's just be grateful we have 2 then.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Matt Barrows

Willis sat out 2010 Pro Bowl game with a swollen right knee that later needed surgery. He also could miss 2011 game due to his broken hand.

Is willis starting over urlacher? I hope so he is better on a worse d
Originally posted by elguapo:

ya willis was named starter alongside d ware and clay matthews at lb
Originally posted by elguapo:

ya willis was named starter alongside d ware and clay matthews at lb

Epic Scary!!!

Well, since VD is an alternate, say the Falcons go to the Super Bowl, that means Gonzales can't play in the Pro Bowl... VD would then start?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Well, since VD is an alternate, say the Falcons go to the Super Bowl, that means Gonzales can't play in the Pro Bowl... VD would then start?

witten is the starter so no

• GORO
  • Veteran
Justin Smith would probably get more sacks, but the Niners move him inside during passing downs and he contends with double teams. Well deserved.

Patrick Willis should pay for Takeo Spikes to follow him, Spikes played really solid this year. Shout out to Spikes.

Andy Lee should be real sore with all the punts he has made these last two years.

Mike Iupati will be in the probowl next year.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
How can Andy Lee not make it?

PWilly was a given.

Good for J. Smith, he's been one of our best players since he got here. Very under-rated nationally, nice to see him get some recognition.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
1st off Willis and Smith

2nd Tony G over VD

there are like 6 NFC TE with better stats than Tony yes it is a popularity contest
  • evil
  • Veteran
Chris Cooley and Brandon Pettigrew could be argued as being just as worthy of going as VD is.
Share 49ersWebzone