LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Jed York Performance Today!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Jed York Performance Today!

Originally posted by thedude:
I'll give him 60% based on the fact he's consulting with Eddie now and saying all the right things, but until he actually makes a good front office decision that's as high as I go.

I concur.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Im giving him 10% and thats only because Im giving him a dont tell me, show me attitude.

It sounds like you get it susweel... Not these blind faith guys who see an overmatched, scared, nervous kid fumbling with a water bottle and getting mad at tough questions and think SUPER BOWL!...

Yah he does still seem over matched for this position, but he can only get better with experience (I hope). Firing Sing was a little overdue but never the less he made the move. He had a nice a press conference and said all the right things, now its time to show us what you got young Jedi.

If he names Trent Baalke GM I will have lost total respect for him.

Our promote from within makes me sick. Not a big fan of Trent for GM, unless he could a good coach. Our running record as of now does not seem like the right thing to do.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerD:
Im giving him 10% and thats only because Im giving him a dont tell me, show me attitude.

It sounds like you get it susweel... Not these blind faith guys who see an overmatched, scared, nervous kid fumbling with a water bottle and getting mad at tough questions and think SUPER BOWL!...

Yah he does still seem over matched for this position, but he can only get better with experience (I hope). Firing Sing was a little overdue but never the less he made the move. He had a nice a press conference and said all the right things, now its time to show us what you got young Jedi.

Our promote from within makes me sick. Not a big fan of Trent for GM, unless he could a good coach. Our running record as of now does not seem like the right thing to do.

Any selection from within the organization is the sign of approval for the past regime. I don't know if I like that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

We need some new ideas in the team, we need a fresh set of eyes to take a look at this mess and fix. Baalke is nothing but a YES man for the Yorks. We need someone to come and tell the Yorks, look what you guys have been doing is all wrong.

We need some new ideas in the team, we need a fresh set of eyes to take a look at this mess and fix. Baalke is nothing but a YES man for the Yorks. We need someone to come and tell the Yorks, look what you guys have been doing is all wrong.

You do realize Baalke will probably be the hire...

Again with the fumbling water bottle. You'd think someone with this much "insight" could enlighten us with a little more than that.
Originally posted by rage49:

Again with the fumbling water bottle. You'd think someone with this much "insight" could enlighten us with a little more than that.

He can't even give a comfortable, professional press conference. How is he going to hire the right GM? He's overmatched on simple things like the podium.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You do realize Baalke will probably be the hire...

Yah I think he might get the gig, but Im hopeful we get someone new.
I gave him a 30%.

He's gotta prove to me he does it right.

However, I do trust that he is trying to turn this ship around. He dicked up his first ever major decision (singletary) and has learned from it. If he lands a big HC and a football-minded GM, I will approve 100%.

I have slight apprehension but the way he's speaking and acting makes me believe he wants this team to do well both for the fans and players.

Either way, this s**t is exciting!!
If Ballke is the hire then he deserves a big fat ZERO.

• nooj
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/12/28/10/Exclusive-1-on-1-interview-with-Jed-York/landing.html?blockID=381137&feedID=2800

Bach: How are you qualified to make this decision?

York: My uncle was young.... Growing up around the 49ers and being around success, I know I'm qualifed to get the right person to get this back on track.

(paraphrased)
  • titan
  • Veteran
He is about 30% in my approval rating and that's just for realizing we needed a new Head coach. It will go up or down depending who we get for a new GM. If it's Baalke, it will be up to 50%. Then if we get a real coach and is an Offensive minded coach and I'm not very critical at this time as long as he is competent and we look and perform like we actually belong and approval will be 60%. Then if and when the GM and HC gets rid of dead weight, bonehead, overpaid players and acquire good players through the Draft and Free Agency it will go up to 80%. Then when we go to the playoffs and eventually win another SB it will be 110%.

I really think he is doing a very good job learning under fire. This is by far the most sincere attention I have seen the front office give our team since the York's took over. I have a really good feeling about this organizations success this time around.
We just need a great coach. Balke picked up a punt returner and solidified the Oline. I really liked the last offseason, just need a GREAT coach. If Balke stays on, picks up a GREAT coach, then a QB and a CB, we'll be in pretty good shape.
  • Veteran
I wonder what his approval rating would be if he hires Baalke and fail to land Harbough?
Rate him based on what? His shiity job managing this organization? 000000%! His silver spoon fed ugly round face??? Or all the talk he has been doing in the past week?

This kid is a joke, mommy and daddy need to take the team away from him ASAP!
Share 49ersWebzone