There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York Performance Today!

Jed York Performance Today!

Ladies and Gents, your chance to show your feeling and what you think about jed as far as his performance and intent in getting the 49ers to one of the elite NFL team again.

[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Dec 29, 2010 at 07:25:58 ]
50% - The guy needs a second chance, but this is his last in my book! Good starting point for him.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
50% - The guy needs a second chance, but this is his last in my book! Good starting point for him.

Agreed. He seems to be doing all the right things so far. If nothing else he's rubbing elbows with the movers and shakers in the NFL, can't be a bad thing.
Watch out for the Trolls! They'll be coming in here for sure. One will be named SanDiego and he will the same old, same old...

about a half hour from now.
Before he fired Sing I woulda given him 20%. After the firing, I'd still only give em 30%, because it was such an obvious move, and he self admittedly could have made that move sooner. I gave em 40% just because his mom still thinks he's cool and that's always worth an extra 10% in my book 1 half good off-season could sky rocket his rep around here though. We're a pretty fickle bunch, I figure.
In before SanDiego. 70% is If Jed ever does something right I guess you'll have to change your numbers to 120%.
I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks.
I gave him a 10% for firing singletary on the spot. All this talk means nothing to me. git er dun.
I say around 50-60%. He now realizes the mistake in hiring Singletary. He seems to understand the need to build an organization properly. It is all just words until the coaches and such are hired. If he can manage to bring in a good staff and start getting the Niners some wins, his rating could easily go up in the next year or so.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I gave him a 10% for firing singletary on the spot. All this talk means nothing to me. git er dun.
Based on his willingness to admit his mistakes, listening to his uncle Eddie, finding a new GM and going and getting advise from those in the know, I think he'll do just fine.

Here's a noble thought. John and Denise York outright gives the team to Jed York (not just let him run the operations), then Jed partners up with uncle Eddie where both have 50% ownership of the team.

Money then would really be no object because we know that Eddie would want the best personnel that he can get.

PIPE DREAM? Maybe but the new year is coming up!
If Michael Vick gets a 2nd chance, so does Jedi..
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Based on his willingness to admit his mistakes, listening to his uncle Eddie, finding a new GM and going and getting advise from those in the know, I think he'll do just fine.

Here's a noble thought. John and Denise York outright gives the team to Jed York (not just let him run the operations), then Jed partners up with uncle Eddie where both have 50% ownership of the team.

Money then would really be no object because we know that Eddie would want the best personnel that he can get.

PIPE DREAM? Maybe but the new year is coming up!

Dunno. How is the company getting on?
You don't get points for doing the obvious (firing Singletary). You get points for doing something with positive, lasting impact. He hasn't done any of that yet.

My hope is that he has learned some lessons and will listen to Uncle Eddie. I like the idea of placing an emphasis on getting a quality GM but to say that MUST come before getting the right coach is not necessarily the right approach.
I'll give him 60% based on the fact he's consulting with Eddie now and saying all the right things, but until he actually makes a good front office decision that's as high as I go.