I think the bashing is a little unnecessary. Let's look at what he has done...
- okay for interim choice, but probably bad move for hiring full time. They didn't even interview other candidates, and became enamored with Sing's very persuasive personality. At the end of 2008, most fans were perfectly okay with the hire. Others didn't like it, but it seemed like the right move.
-Took care of the stadium
- definitely a good move, as he was heavily involved in the process, but nobody give him credit for this.
-Kept Sing after 2009
- you could see that Sing had the team moving in a positive direction. First non-losing record since 2002, and Alex
(according to some).
-McC left and promoted Trent
- Trent ran a very good draft (well, looks good for now...) and who was possibly available for GM at this time? Who would take over 3 weeks prior to the draft? The interview process alone wouldn't have finished until after the draft.
-Kept Sing until week 16 in 2010
- When did you all expect him to get fired? Midseason coaches changes never work out nicely. Who did we have on staff to take over the job? etc. etc.
-Big talk for HC/GM for 2011
- This has yet to be seen...