LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Stop Bashing Jed York!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There's a lot to comment on, argue for/against, and debate in this thread, but I just want to mention that I'm happy to have Jed heading things up for our future. Jed York is a totally different story than John York.

I feel like he's me or you. He's one of us at heart; a fan. He's young and inexperienced, yes. He may not be the best at his job yet, but he cares. He loves the Niners, cares about being successful, and will earnestly do his best to make the Niners a successful franchise. He wants the team to win at least as much as he wants the franchise to make money. The same cannot be said for many of the leagues team presidents and/or CEO's.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
There's a lot to comment on, argue for/against, and debate in this thread, but I just want to mention that I'm happy to have Jed heading things up for our future. Jed York is a totally different story than John York.

I feel like he's me or you. He's one of us at heart; a fan. He's young and inexperienced, yes. He may not be the best at his job yet, but he cares. He loves the Niners, cares about being successful, and will earnestly do his best to make the Niners a successful franchise. He wants the team to win at least as much as he wants the franchise to make money. The same cannot be said for many of the leagues team presidents and/or CEO's.

I mostly agree with you, but his passion for the team doesn't give me any more confidence in him.
Jed needs to read "The Score Takes Care of Itself." I'm progressing through the book, and enjoyed every page of it.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Jed needs to read "The Score Takes Care of Itself." I'm progressing through the book, and enjoyed every page of it.

Great book. I doubt Jed cares about Walsh very much.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
How did I miss this thread? I havent read any of it, but I cant believe the OP is defending anything that Jed does. Hes a liar. I want to believe he can get the job done too, but everything he has done points to the contrary.

What makes you trust he can do the job when he cant even do what he says?

-He says he is going to go on this comprehensive, extensive GM search. This search of his ended down the hallway from his office.

-He says he will hire a GM and the GM will hire our next coach. Then days before we hire a GM, he says Harbaugh is the top guy on his radar.

How are we supposed to believe this guy? If Jed wants to be taken seriously, he needs to stop overpromising and underdelivering. If Jed wants to be taken seriously, he needs to completely remove himself from the football decisions. And if Jed wants us to take Baalke seriously, he needs to give him room to do what is necessary to make this team a contender again.

Completely agree! Jed just can't keep his mouth shut and needs to learn to control what he says. I have a feeling that he is going to butt in again and again where he is not needed. Let's hope Baalke can stand up to him if necessary
How did I miss this thread? I havent read any of it, but I cant believe the OP is defending anything that Jed does. Hes a liar. I want to believe he can get the job done too, but everything he has done points to the contrary.

-He says he is going to go on this comprehensive, extensive GM search. This search of his ended down the hallway from his office.

-He says he will hire a GM and the GM will hire our next coach. Then days before we hire a GM, he says Harbaugh is the top guy on his radar.

How are we supposed to believe this guy? If Jed wants to be taken seriously, he needs to stop overpromising and underdelivering. If Jed wants to be taken seriously, he needs to completely remove himself from the football decisions. And if Jed wants us to take Baalke seriously, he needs to give him room to do what is necessary to make this team a contender again.

The trend over the years since the York family took over is total BS fed to the media & fans from the top down. No wonder coaches during this regime have followed the same pattern of dishonesty during their tenures here...it is a top down BS culture over there. It continues with Jed York. The proof is in his actions contradicting his talk on a regular basis.
I remember when his uncle took over the 49ers. . . He acted decisively and hired a very well known, been there done that, type of guy: Joe Thomas. Before he was "Eddie D" he was getting the same reception Jed is now. Eddie DeBartolo was hated for bringing in Joe Thomas and creating a disaster of losing and coaching turnover (remember Pete McCulley?). OJ Simpson, Tom Owen, Scott Bull. . . . A ruined Jim Plunkett. Eddie D got lucky with Bill Walsh. Jed can do the same. In fact we are in a much better talent position now. Bill Walsh inherited a 2-14 team.

[ Edited by TrailerParkMan on Jan 5, 2011 at 08:19:24 ]

How do you know he didn't talk to any other gm candidates? If he can find a guy that is well connected and a great scout of talent from within, why not hire him? And also he said that he and the next gm will conduct the head coach search. If he decided on baalke a few days ago then I'm sure he's aware if baalke is interested in harbaugh. We need to stop pretending we know everything going on behind the scenes. Baalke hasn't been given much power until now and he's done well under the circumstances. He's the reason that we were expected to be a playoff team this year. He didn't have anything to do with the regular season, all he could do was make the moves singletary would allow to put us in a position to win.

[ Edited by DMiller2007 on Jan 5, 2011 at 08:21:36 ]

Jed York is awesome.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

You're right! Jed seems different from his dad. The same Greedhead, true! But he does lie more.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Jed York is awesome.

he is Harbawesome
He is a Moron !
Originally posted by cNiner:
He is a Moron !

I don't think he's dumb, necessarily. He seems more like a child, with child-like vulnerabilities.
he'd get raped in prison on the first night.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he'd get raped in prison on the first night.

LMAO!! I saw this and couldn't help but to laugh out loud!
Share 49ersWebzone