There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Manusky Stay or Go

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
You must like soft unimaginitive defenses

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.

That was more of our guys not knowing what they should do pre-snap

hahaha hilarious
we need to start playing more man-to-man
If the new GM and coach decide that our defensive personnel are a better fit for a 4-3, then he should go. Otherwise Manusky should be considered as the DC in the new regime.

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.

Playing Zone on everyplay is unimaginative....And have you ever heard of Dick LeBeau cuz he invented that
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

We don't really have the speed for this yet. I agree none of our guys can run with anyone else. Just like our WR's they big guys who can block well D Jackson just blows by everyone. This is why our DB's play so far off and our WR's cant get open. We need speed.

WE NEED WINNERS
Hit the road Greg and don't you come back no more.......

Which is a terrible technique, you need down linemen because they get leverage and push the pocket, our guys get stonewalled standing up. It is almost laughable that the ninja package is considered revolutionary. It's about as revolutionary as running the ball on 3rd and 12.

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Dec 27, 2010 at 19:49:24 ]
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

We don't really have the speed for this yet. I agree none of our guys can run with anyone else. Just like our WR's they big guys who can block well D Jackson just blows by everyone. This is why our DB's play so far off and our WR's cant get open. We need speed.

WE NEED WINNERS

not a fan of his defense.he can go
Originally posted by YorkHater:

Playing Zone on everyplay is unimaginative....And have you ever heard of Dick LeBeau cuz he invented that

Playing zone against the Rams ragtag team of wr's isn't just unimaginative, it's just plain retarded. Our db's, while less than ideal, are better than their wide receivers.

Also, we should blitz Patrick Willis far more than we do. He is a liability in coverage, yet quite possibly the best pass rushing inside lb in the NFL. No your players dickholenusky.
T

[ Edited by jimrat201 on Dec 27, 2010 at 19:55:02 ]
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Playing zone against the Rams ragtag team of wr's isn't just unimaginative, it's just plain retarded. Our db's, while less than ideal, are better than their wide receivers.

Also, we should blitz Patrick Willis far more than we do. He is a liability in coverage, yet quite possibly the best pass rushing inside lb in the NFL. No your players dickholenusky.

Hang on a second. I mean this reads wrong to me. I'm not kissing his ass or anything but from what I've seen he is very alert to the passing plays.

In regards to Manusky. I said last year he was lucky to still be here. Hopefully I wont be saying it in 2011.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
It'll be up to the new HC.

That said, I think he's done a rock solid job. A lot of you want to throw the baby out with the bath water. He's done a remarkable job considering he has had no stud pass rusher and no help from the DBs.

He's hid our biggest weakness from being horribly exploited on a regular basis. Does he get beat once in a while? Sure...but considering how bad we are at CB and FS it could have been a LOT worse. Let's also remember the amount of time our defense has spent on the field. I think statistically our defense is middle of the pack in terms of points given up and yards given up, but has spent a lot of time on the field. Combine those two things and you have to give Manusky his props.

They spend a lot of time on the field because they cannot stop the opposing offense.

Or because our offense keeps going 3 and out. If it was just the D then they would not be on the field long because the other team would simply score.

R.I.P. Man Husky