There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Manusky Stay or Go

I guess that is another question to be answered by the next Head Coach. as for the db's playing back, that is part of the scheme, we are/were a zone coverage team, so our DB's play back. If we were a man/bump-n-run coverage team, the DB's would play closer to the line.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Our D is not good! We played one of the weakest schedules in the league and our D struggled aginst the bottom feeders and got murderd by good teams. Our run D is all right but could be a lot better vs better teams, our secondary is horrific, don't give me tired in the 4th quarter s**t, they can't cover anyone. GM can GTFO and take his 10 yard cushion on 3&6 mentality with him along with the "ballhawk" Goldson. Time to clean house! We are lucky to be in such a weak division, it makes everything on our team look a lot better than they are. If we were in the AFC playing teams like the patriots or Pittsburg getting torched on a weekly basis I'm sure you all would be telling him to GTFO but we play in the NFC west..... One week get torched by a good team the next play a weak team and look alright. Clean house!

The 10 yard cushion is not all on him the CB's are just slow. Our "ballhawk" needs to walk, top $ contract GTFO. We have been ranked pretty good for the last couple of years.
Time for him to go.
Bye Bye Manusky.
more likely than not the new HC will come in and clean house and hire guys he wants to hire. not keep what the guys he didnt have a choice in.

the only problem i still worry alot about is who these coaches will be.
im sick and tired of terrible seasons and mediocre seasons.
its time for a playoff CALIBER 49er team and not one who almost made is cuz its division blows
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
You must like soft unimaginitive defenses

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.

Rex Ryans been using that method forever..

Oh yeah, and hopefully he's not coordinating our defense next year. He has very uncreative blitzes and schemes, and we've been lacking a pass rush and decent pass defense for a while now, and not to mention we still can't stop screen plays or give our team a stop in crucial situations.

Hopefully we move to a 4-3 base defense next year.

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Dec 27, 2010 at 18:22:35 ]
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
GTFO
GO
He should be packing his bags the moment the season is over. Everyone blamed Nolan for Manusky's conservative defense too. Face it, the guy is conservative just like the coach who picked him is.

The guy could not scheme a pass rush, he never figured out how to defend a goddamn screen pass and our secondary gets picked apart almost every single game, due in part to his soft coverages. We can't stop the short stuff because of these cushions and yet we still get burned deep game after game. The guy just isn't that good.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.

Oh yeah, and hopefully he's not coordinating our defense next year. He has very uncreative blitzes and schemes, and we've been lacking a pass rush and decent pass defense for a while now, and not to mention we still can't stop screen plays or give our team a stop in crucial situations.

Who is a 4-3 DC out there that you know of. My Dad wants the 4-3 but I'm not sure how we would fill the spots on a 4-3. I really like Willis and TKO as ILB. I just not sure if we can get a better DC as of now.
Unsure but Nate Clements needs to go. I'm sick of his s**t.
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
GTFO

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by NinerD:

Who is a 4-3 DC out there that you know of. My Dad wants the 4-3 but I'm not sure how we would fill the spots on a 4-3. I really like Willis and TKO as ILB. I just not sure if we can get a better DC as of now.
Mike Singletary

I know it's not popular to say but I like Clements.... As the nickel CB. He is getting paid too much and will take a pay cut or GTFO lol. But he is a animal when it comes to tackling and matches up well with nickel sized WR's. Also who would be our CB's? Spencer, Brown, a free agent, a rookie? Starting Spencer or Brown is a joke. A free agent, who? At what price? A rookie? 2nd rounder at best, would starting him be smart? 1st rounder Joe Haden struggled on his first year.
My point is Clements should stay IF he takes a pay cut.
Originally posted by NinerD:

Mike Singletary

You know Im sick of his ass as a CB, HOWEVER, I think he would be one HELL of a FS....he would be playing 10 yards off the ball most of the time.