LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Greg Manusky Stay or Go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Defense has under performed he needs to go. Can't cover and tired of seeing our corners playing 10 yrds off. Bring in Vic baby!

is that because of coaching or the players? i think it has more to do with the latter

We don't have stars but we have a good enough unit to be able to put up a solid defense; the problem was scheming. Whether that was Manusky's problem or Singeltary's we'll probably never know now.

I think the weakness was the players. We have a strong run-stopping front 7, but other than that... not much else. We have a weak secondary and average pass-rush. It's obvious why we're only a middle-of-the-road defense. Upgrade the secondary and/or pass-rush, and we'll have a very good defense.
Manusky's contract ends in March, so he ain't coming back. Harbaugh's gonna wipe a clean slate on both sides of the staff (Tomsula could be the only lock for staying thus far).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Manusky's contract ends in March, so he ain't coming back. Harbaugh's gonna wipe a clean slate on both sides of the staff (Tomsula could be the only lock for staying thus far).

And hopefully Rathman!

No idea if Solari did a good job last season, but the offensive line did seem to improve over the course of the season... and he has experienced with the WCO.

I'm curious as to who was the mastermind behind Stanford's O-line though. That unit was incredible.
I think Manusky is overrated. Why? Our secondary defense has been shotty for the past X years AND it's been . . . 4 or 5 years and we STILL cannot figure out the screen?

PASS
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
out with the old, in with the new.

sorry Manusky but your time is up in SF.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Rather Have Fangio then Manusky, Fangio was DC of Dom Capers D when Carolina had Kevin Green, Coached LBs with the Saints when they had Ricky Jackson,Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson, probably knows a little bit about blitzing.
keep manusky. everyone wants to blame him for the secondary, but in all honesty, our secondary was never very good. the talent level between our secondary and the rest of our defense is so different. our DLine and our linebackers are some of the best in the league. We're paying way too much to an over the hill CB in nate clements, shawntae spencer is the most inconsistent defensive back and we have young safeties just learning the position now. all the good things done on the defensive side of the ball have been because of manusky. quit the hate. keep manusky. why fix something if it isn't broken? in this case the broken thing is the talent level of the secondary - not manusky's fault.
Vic F*gio's defensive rankings in total yards.

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

This doesn't take into account injuries, free agengcy and such, but it looks to me that defenses get progressively worse with his coaching. Got this these stats off NFL.com

Guess the Web Zones software thinks Vics last name is a bad word.

[ Edited by mdonch3 on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:26:40 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Rather Have Fangio then Manusky, Fangio was DC of Dom Capers D when Carolina had Kevin Green, Coached LBs with the Saints when they had Ricky Jackson,Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson, probably knows a little bit about blitzing.

This.

Dom Capers is the guy I wanted at defensive coordinator.

Vic Fangio runs the same scheme.

Did anyone notice how well Stanford contained the perimeter when they were blitzing? They did it against a superior athlete at quarterback with inferior athletes on defense. It was all scheme.

We have superior athletes on defense. Fangio will know how to use them.
Originally posted by mdonch3:

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

This doesn't take into account injuries, free agengcy and such, but it looks to me that defenses get progressively worse with his coaching. Got this these stats off NFL.com

you forgot the N

Originally posted by Knowledge:

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

you forgot the N

Your right LOL
  • titan
  • Veteran

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

Good find, that guy SUCK'S! I'm not crazy about Manusky, but he didn't do a bad job! For some crazy reason we can't get any pressure on QB's .
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

you forgot the N

Your right LOL

Haha some other site from a link on the webzone homepage was blocking out ANUS in Manusky lmao.
Originally posted by titan:

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

Good find, that guy SUCK'S! I'm not crazy about Manusky, but he didn't do a bad job! For some crazy reason we can't get any pressure on QB's .

4-3???
Originally posted by titan:

Texans 2002-2005
16th,31st,23rd,31st

Colts 1999-2001
15th,21st,29th

Panthers 1995-1998
7th,10th,15,30th

Because we consistently rush 4 (sometimes 3) on passing downs.
Share 49ersWebzone