LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Greg Manusky Stay or Go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If there is one going then move it there and give me the link lol.

I like him as the DC and another team will snatch him up for sure. I don't know if he was just a product of Sings coaching philosophy .

There is a few games this year and last that we really needed a stop and could not get it. I know that he is not playing, but this bend don't break is not what we need. I like him so I am torn. My Pop loves the guy but I want to see what you guys think....

Discuss

GO NINERS!!!!
yeah i'm torn on manusky as well. i like him a lot but sometimes hate him at the same time. i wouldnt be pissed with firing or keeping him
GTFO
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
You must like soft unimaginitive defenses
Originally posted by jimrat201:

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.
Originally posted by jreff22:
GTFO
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
GTFO
Originally posted by aman49:

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.

This is true, it worked really well last year vs the Colts. Did not know that it was called the Ninja package that is cool.........haha YOUR KUNG FU NO GOOD.

Keeping him would be good for our D, give him a year with a real X and O's coach.
His run defense can stay. His pass defense can GTFO!
I say go, we've lost a lot of games because the defense always broke down. He should lose his job for the Falcons game alone, I don't care if Clements dumb ass fumbled the ball, they let Ryan march down the field again

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:

And this worked?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
GTFO
Our defense is literally bend a lot and then break.

No creative blitzes.

HOW THE f**k CAN YOU NOT STOP A SCREEN AFTER 3 YEARS?!

Good job playing 10 yards off the LOS when it's 3rd and 6.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Manusky!
this is tough for me....even with our terrible DB's, a lack of pass rush, and ?'s @ the OLB positions we still have the leagues 14th ranked D... 24th(pass) 7th(rush)...

i'd even go so far to say we WOULD be a top ranked D if our offense could have maintained some semblance of ball control throughout the year

our D spent way too much time on the field because of offensive scheme and poor offensive execution

because of this, i feel the defensive performance and results on the field are somewhat tainted

but my best guess is he likely wont be retained
I think the bigger question is: Can you find a better upgrade?

The defense hasn't been bad, they just need to be there in the FOURTH quarter.

Whether it takes more conditioning or better planning for the 2nd half, it needs to be done.

It seems like most games, the defense plays exceptionally well during the first half, but have their breakdowns in the 2nd half. This needs to be fix, just as TURNOVERS cannot and must not happen in the 2nd half and ESPECIALLY in the 4th quarter.
Share 49ersWebzone