LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Is frank gore done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Yeahhhh....Good points...Half effort is inexcusable...Well, until he gets back to his old form, make him a 3rd down back...If he doesnt improve, ask him to take a pay cut...If he doesnt, release him and take the cap hit because I serious doubt anyone would trade for him with that salary...What do yall think???

Not an excuse but he played with a bum ankle..http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8228bcae/article/injury-roundup-eagles-lose-vick-again
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I told you.. I told you.. I knew.. Gore is bad luck for 4th quaters that he was fumble! damn it.. but he is safe and lucky cuz we won.. whew... gore is owe damn for us..

seriously!

Yes.. i am serious!! I seem him for since about problem in the 4 quaters.. He is made bad lucky to plays in whole the 4th quaters!! I wanna Hunters should plays whole in the 4ths quaters!!
Is hunter starting next week?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Is hunter starting next week?

Eric_Branch Eric Branch
#49ers Jim Harbaugh said he felt Frank Gore was "good to go" for the Eagles game.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
#49ers Jim Harbaugh said he felt Frank Gore was "good to go" for the Eagles game.

Eh, I wonder if he will be on a quick hook.
Originally posted by strickac:
Gore looks slow and uninterested. Hunter has the speed to get through those pathetic holes the Oline is setting. I love Gore, but we're a lot better with Hunter in the game. He's quicker and he's hungry.
Agreed. With Gore going almost exclusively between the tackles, the defense can concentrate there. With Hunter able to go to the outside, the defense has to watch both sides, if not so much the middle. This makes the defense spread out and open some holes to the inside.
  • dj43
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
I was criticized when i first said this last season and even after the first game of this season. After his hip injurt he is not gonna be the same, anyone who thought otherwise wad kidding themself.

The time to trade him was BEFORE he broke his hip. Of course no one had a crystal ball back then. Now he is not worth anything in trade unless he can come back and do what he did before the injury. Since that is not likely to happen, he will stay here and split time with Hunter.
Gore usually starts slowly. He gets better as the season goes along and defenses wear down more because he's not a guy you wanna bring down when you're worn down.
[ Edited by andes14 on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM ]
No, our O-line blows thats all.
Frank Gore is done until he proves it otherwise, he is a change of pace back at best, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. I love the dude for what he's done for the 49ers and the organization gave him a new contract as a token of appreciation, done deal, time to move on. If he's a real team player and knew what's best for the team, he'll holler at JH like Vernon did and root for a Gore/Hunter duo...but I understand RBs tend to be selfish players.

It's time for the Kendall Hunter era, this dude is ready to take over.

/rant.

Originally posted by Chief:
Frank Gore
42 attempts
106 yards
2.5 ypc
1 TD

6 rec
36 yards

Chris Johnson
33 attempts
77 yards
2.3 ypc

9 rec
37 yards

Two good RB's that have had two bad games, don't count them out yet.
This!!
i would like to see Hunter get more touches as it is obvios the guy is talented but with his 2.7 yrd per carry i'm not ready to name him the starter. The problem is not the backs.
Originally posted by 9er2thegrave:
No, our O-line blows thats all.

This !!!!! O-line plan and simple.
I see Gore is struggling. Its like his upper body moving forward while feet is not following. Certainly, not much running room so far though.
Originally posted by Tman:
I told you.. I told you.. I knew.. Gore is bad luck for 4th quaters that he was fumble! damn it.. but he is safe and lucky cuz we won.. whew... gore is owe damn for us..

seriously!

Yes.. i am serious!! I seem him for since about problem in the 4 quaters.. He is made bad lucky to plays in whole the 4th quaters!! I wanna Hunters should plays whole in the 4ths quaters!!

Lol

I feel like I shouldn't understand what he is trying to say, but I understand exactly
Share 49ersWebzone