Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Originally posted by SFGem:
Originally posted by tn9er:
i think troy should have remained in the game as well. as soon as they put alex in i knew we were doomed.

now don't get me wrong alex did ok when he went in. but of course alex lost the fumble which was the stake in the heart of our final hopes in this game. alex always does that s**t. it's nothing new. alex is fantastic at losing fumbles and killing our teams every hope for success. troy also fumbled a couple times but we never lost possession of the ball. alex fumbles once game over and it's nothing new. the only satisfaction i got out of this game is that hopefully we are closer to the end of the dreadful alex smith era. alex smith has been a cancer to this team imo.

troy smith provided the only excitement for me this year as a 49er fan. I'd be happy to start the season next year with troy as the starting qb. alex needs to go. i wouldn't even want alex as a backup out of fear he'll find his way back into starting rotation if someone gets hurt next year. im also happy that the alex lovers will soon vanish from the 49er nation.

so fumbling the ball in the endzone for a safety doesn't count as a turnover???

oh yeah that is true. but i actually think that was a bad snap. that was the most frustrating part of yesterday's game to me. we couldn't even properly snap the ball in the first quarter which killed 2 of our drives in the first.

the starting center that got hurt made a terrible snap on our first drive that we are lucky troy was able to scoop up and prevent the turnover. then the backup center comes in and from what i can see he snapped the ball way too hard when troy was in the endzone. i mean he's like 1 foot from the target of his snap and he rocketed back the snap to troy.

if alex had received those 2 bad snaps they would have turned into two lost fumbles that went back for six. troy saved those plays from being worse imo. alex just panicks under any stress and has a knack for giving up possesion of the ball.

A bad snap that hit Troy right in the chest but it was snapped too hard!!!

Oh the humility of being "Rocket Snapped"...

Damn that Wragge for snapping the ball right into his chest so hard...

thats actually how i saw it. perhaps im wrong. but when your center goes out of the game like ours did and a backup center comes in it's likely he will snap different.

but what's odd is both centers the starter and the center had snap issues. you may disagree with me and thats fine. now that the season is over i'm done fighting with alex lovers. you guys could all go join the church of saint alex for all i care.

This whole team sucked because our entire coaching staff sucks so it didn't matter who they played at QB, but our best chance to win this game was with Alex...

With parity in todays NFL, all teams have talent. The difference between the winning teams and the losing teams is the coaching...

If you want proof, just look at what the chiefs have done this year with alot less talent than what is on the 49ers...

like i said earlier now that the season is over im done arguing with alex lovers. perhaps we can argue over two different qbs next year depending who is on the roster next year. im done caring what any alex lover has to say. imo you guys are members of the church of saint alex. good luck with that i hope that works out well for you guys.

Just because we know that Alex is a better qb than Troy does not make us worship Alex. Most of us understand that Alex isn't the answer anymore or a great qb like he was supposed to be. However, we do understand that he is a much better qb than Troy is.

Troy sucks, and you have to be like 6 years old to not see it.

like i said im not gonna argue with you alex worshippers anymore. good luck with your career as a member of the church of saint alex. it's obvious anything you say is not coming from your own thoughts but rather it's you speaking in defense of your faith.

lol. you Haters have it all wrong. it's too funny or too sad. i can't decide.

Why does believing that Alex is our best option have to mean we love him? It doesn't suggest he's great. It doesn't suggest we don't want someone better.

For the record, I think he's solid..not great...not bad...but a far cry better than anyone else on the roster. If we had the rest of the team running on all 8, he would look a lot better...he's just not good enough to carry the team when everything is falling apart.
Only about four QBs in the league can.

In every area, the offense this year was bad...from HC to OC to OL to WR to even TE on many occasions. The only bright spot was Gore and his lack of production in many situations only showed how important the OL is to offensive success.

You speak the truth but some of us know that the truth has no place in the zone.
Its just easy and lazy to blame Alex for ALL of the problems we have on O.

Watching those db's blitzing and coming scott free on the same drive yesterday should have even opened the eyes of the most fervent haters of Alex but no, instead we get the same dribble.

the only person able to stop our "incredible Offense" is Alex...
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by boast:
i think troy should have remained in the game as well. as soon as they put alex in i knew we were doomed.

now don't get me wrong alex did ok when he went in. but of course alex lost the fumble which was the stake in the heart of our final hopes in this game. alex always does that s**t. it's nothing new. alex is fantastic at losing fumbles and killing our teams every hope for success. troy also fumbled a couple times but we never lost possession of the ball. alex fumbles once game over and it's nothing new. the only satisfaction i got out of this game is that hopefully we are closer to the end of the dreadful alex smith era. alex smith has been a cancer to this team imo.

troy smith provided the only excitement for me this year as a 49er fan. I'd be happy to start the season next year with troy as the starting qb. alex needs to go. i wouldn't even want alex as a backup out of fear he'll find his way back into starting rotation if someone gets hurt next year. im also happy that the alex lovers will soon vanish from the 49er nation.

oh yeah that is true. but i actually think that was a bad snap. that was the most frustrating part of yesterday's game to me. we couldn't even properly snap the ball in the first quarter which killed 2 of our drives in the first.

the starting center that got hurt made a terrible snap on our first drive that we are lucky troy was able to scoop up and prevent the turnover. then the backup center comes in and from what i can see he snapped the ball way too hard when troy was in the endzone. i mean he's like 1 foot from the target of his snap and he rocketed back the snap to troy.

if alex had received those 2 bad snaps they would have turned into two lost fumbles that went back for six. troy saved those plays from being worse imo. alex just panicks under any stress and has a knack for giving up possesion of the ball.

thats actually how i saw it. perhaps im wrong. but when your center goes out of the game like ours did and a backup center comes in it's likely he will snap different.

but what's odd is both centers the starter and the center had snap issues. you may disagree with me and thats fine. now that the season is over i'm done fighting with alex lovers. you guys could all go join the church of saint alex for all i care.

This whole team sucked because our entire coaching staff sucks so it didn't matter who they played at QB, but our best chance to win this game was with Alex...

With parity in todays NFL, all teams have talent. The difference between the winning teams and the losing teams is the coaching...

If you want proof, just look at what the chiefs have done this year with alot less talent than what is on the 49ers...

like i said earlier now that the season is over im done arguing with alex lovers. perhaps we can argue over two different qbs next year depending who is on the roster next year. im done caring what any alex lover has to say. imo you guys are members of the church of saint alex. good luck with that i hope that works out well for you guys.

Just because we know that Alex is a better qb than Troy does not make us worship Alex. Most of us understand that Alex isn't the answer anymore or a great qb like he was supposed to be. However, we do understand that he is a much better qb than Troy is.

like i said im not gonna argue with you alex worshippers anymore. good luck with your career as a member of the church of saint alex. it's obvious anything you say is not coming from your own thoughts but rather it's you speaking in defense of your faith.

Why does believing that Alex is our best option have to mean we love him? It doesn't suggest he's great. It doesn't suggest we don't want someone better.

For the record, I think he's solid..not great...not bad...but a far cry better than anyone else on the roster. If we had the rest of the team running on all 8, he would look a lot better...he's just not good enough to carry the team when everything is falling apart.

In every area, the offense this year was bad...from HC to OC to OL to WR to even TE on many occasions. The only bright spot was Gore and his lack of production in many situations only showed how important the OL is to offensive success.

You speak the truth but some of us know that the truth has no place in the zone.

Watching those db's blitzing and coming scott free on the same drive yesterday should have even opened the eyes of the most fervent haters of Alex but no, instead we get the same dribble.

What does that even mean? Are you basically just advertising that you aren't smart? I don't get it.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He was benched because no matter how delusional any of the jack-legged pundits on this site are, the reality is Alex is the better Smith. I do not like the way it was handled by the ex-coach, Troy should have started he game on the bench.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:

What does that even mean? Are you basically just advertising that you aren't smart? I don't get it.

Some people seem to think that noone in the NFL is capable of stopping our offense if all we had is someone other than Alex.

THAT proves most people on this board as not being very smart...
  • dj43
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Some people seem to think that noone in the NFL is capable of stopping our offense if all we had is someone other than Alex.

THAT proves most people on this board as not being very smart...
The truth is, up until the past few weeks and Iupati began to play at a much better level, Gore (and occasionally VD) was about the only player on offense that could start for any of the playoff teams. Troy was just another guy who will be lucky to get a backup job someplace next year.

Oh sure, there were the occasional glimmer of hope here and there but never was there any consistency.
Originally posted by Esco:
The question should be why the hell did we start Troy.

My thoughts exactly.

And this..

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
because troy sucks donkey balls, he's proven that he cant throw the ball in under 4 seconds and he is not capable of throwing a pass under 20 yards. His lone TD was pure luck... As much as you despise Alex, he did outperform troy in less than a quarter of play.

yep - alex has certainly shown a strong aptitude for carving up prevent defenses in his career...

to bad the Rams were not in the prevent defense

I believe I remember the announcers stating this, they commented on how the rams D continued to put the pressure on the QB (which is how they ultimately stopped alex) Under Spagnuolo the rams have been known to be very aggressive on D

Whoever believes the Rams were on a prevent defense just does not know football.

you just described 98% of the people on this board...

Because Troy Smith is a crappy running back trying to play quarterback
cause he sucked
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Esco:
The question should be why the hell did we start Troy.

My thoughts exactly.

And this..

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
because troy sucks donkey balls, he's proven that he cant throw the ball in under 4 seconds and he is not capable of throwing a pass under 20 yards. His lone TD was pure luck... As much as you despise Alex, he did outperform troy in less than a quarter of play.

yep - alex has certainly shown a strong aptitude for carving up prevent defenses in his career...

to bad the Rams were not in the prevent defense

I believe I remember the announcers stating this, they commented on how the rams D continued to put the pressure on the QB (which is how they ultimately stopped alex) Under Spagnuolo the rams have been known to be very aggressive on D

Whoever believes the Rams were on a prevent defense just does not know football.

you just described 98% of the people on this board...

Reason is a warnable offense in this forum
Share 49ersWebzone