There are 239 users in the forums

Why in the hell did we bench Troy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Depending somewhat on what the GM and new head coach want, I'd expect to see an entirely new corps of QB's next season. Would love to see them make a deal for Kolb and then sign Orton as his b/u. Those two plus elevating Nate Davis to 3rd string would be fine with me. Nate needs to be coached up...he's got plenty of talent to play the position but needs better coaching and an opportunity to compete.

uhhhh, you think after the numbers Orton has put up the past 3 seasons, he will sign with US to be an unproven Kevin Kolb's BACK UP????? That's almost as bad as someone mentioning we hire Harbaugh as Head Coach and Norv Turner as OC
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i'm still waiting for Troy to hit that broadside of the barn but he just can't seem to.
Originally posted by SFGem:
Originally posted by tn9er:
i think troy should have remained in the game as well. as soon as they put alex in i knew we were doomed.

now don't get me wrong alex did ok when he went in. but of course alex lost the fumble which was the stake in the heart of our final hopes in this game. alex always does that s**t. it's nothing new. alex is fantastic at losing fumbles and killing our teams every hope for success. troy also fumbled a couple times but we never lost possession of the ball. alex fumbles once game over and it's nothing new. the only satisfaction i got out of this game is that hopefully we are closer to the end of the dreadful alex smith era. alex smith has been a cancer to this team imo.

troy smith provided the only excitement for me this year as a 49er fan. I'd be happy to start the season next year with troy as the starting qb. alex needs to go. i wouldn't even want alex as a backup out of fear he'll find his way back into starting rotation if someone gets hurt next year. im also happy that the alex lovers will soon vanish from the 49er nation.

so fumbling the ball in the endzone for a safety doesn't count as a turnover???

oh yeah that is true. but i actually think that was a bad snap. that was the most frustrating part of yesterday's game to me. we couldn't even properly snap the ball in the first quarter which killed 2 of our drives in the first.

the starting center that got hurt made a terrible snap on our first drive that we are lucky troy was able to scoop up and prevent the turnover. then the backup center comes in and from what i can see he snapped the ball way too hard when troy was in the endzone. i mean he's like 1 foot from the target of his snap and he rocketed back the snap to troy.

if alex had received those 2 bad snaps they would have turned into two lost fumbles that went back for six. troy saved those plays from being worse imo. alex just panicks under any stress and has a knack for giving up possesion of the ball.

A bad snap that hit Troy right in the chest but it was snapped too hard!!!

Oh the humility of being "Rocket Snapped"...

Damn that Wragge for snapping the ball right into his chest so hard...

thats actually how i saw it. perhaps im wrong. but when your center goes out of the game like ours did and a backup center comes in it's likely he will snap different.

but what's odd is both centers the starter and the center had snap issues. you may disagree with me and thats fine. now that the season is over i'm done fighting with alex lovers. you guys could all go join the church of saint alex for all i care.

This whole team sucked because our entire coaching staff sucks so it didn't matter who they played at QB, but our best chance to win this game was with Alex...

With parity in todays NFL, all teams have talent. The difference between the winning teams and the losing teams is the coaching...

If you want proof, just look at what the chiefs have done this year with alot less talent than what is on the 49ers...

like i said earlier now that the season is over im done arguing with alex lovers. perhaps we can argue over two different qbs next year depending who is on the roster next year. im done caring what any alex lover has to say. imo you guys are members of the church of saint alex. good luck with that i hope that works out well for you guys.

Just because we know that Alex is a better qb than Troy does not make us worship Alex. Most of us understand that Alex isn't the answer anymore or a great qb like he was supposed to be. However, we do understand that he is a much better qb than Troy is.

Troy sucks, and you have to be like 6 years old to not see it.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
i think troy should have remained in the game as well. as soon as they put alex in i knew we were doomed.

now don't get me wrong alex did ok when he went in. but of course alex lost the fumble which was the stake in the heart of our final hopes in this game. alex always does that s**t. it's nothing new. alex is fantastic at losing fumbles and killing our teams every hope for success. troy also fumbled a couple times but we never lost possession of the ball. alex fumbles once game over and it's nothing new. the only satisfaction i got out of this game is that hopefully we are closer to the end of the dreadful alex smith era. alex smith has been a cancer to this team imo.

troy smith provided the only excitement for me this year as a 49er fan. I'd be happy to start the season next year with troy as the starting qb. alex needs to go. i wouldn't even want alex as a backup out of fear he'll find his way back into starting rotation if someone gets hurt next year. im also happy that the alex lovers will soon vanish from the 49er nation.

oh yeah that is true. but i actually think that was a bad snap. that was the most frustrating part of yesterday's game to me. we couldn't even properly snap the ball in the first quarter which killed 2 of our drives in the first.

the starting center that got hurt made a terrible snap on our first drive that we are lucky troy was able to scoop up and prevent the turnover. then the backup center comes in and from what i can see he snapped the ball way too hard when troy was in the endzone. i mean he's like 1 foot from the target of his snap and he rocketed back the snap to troy.

if alex had received those 2 bad snaps they would have turned into two lost fumbles that went back for six. troy saved those plays from being worse imo. alex just panicks under any stress and has a knack for giving up possesion of the ball.

thats actually how i saw it. perhaps im wrong. but when your center goes out of the game like ours did and a backup center comes in it's likely he will snap different.

but what's odd is both centers the starter and the center had snap issues. you may disagree with me and thats fine. now that the season is over i'm done fighting with alex lovers. you guys could all go join the church of saint alex for all i care.

This whole team sucked because our entire coaching staff sucks so it didn't matter who they played at QB, but our best chance to win this game was with Alex...

With parity in todays NFL, all teams have talent. The difference between the winning teams and the losing teams is the coaching...

If you want proof, just look at what the chiefs have done this year with alot less talent than what is on the 49ers...

What does the Chiefs have...Never heard of Crennel and Weiss. Damn, that's the two original guys that went to the SB with the Pat

I'm not exactly sure WTH your point is and yes I have heard of those coaches???

Try re-reading what I wrote:

• SFGem
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:

like i said earlier now that the season is over im done arguing with alex lovers. perhaps we can argue over two different qbs next year depending who is on the roster next year. im done caring what any alex lover has to say. imo you guys are members of the church of saint alex. good luck with that i hope that works out well for you guys.

Just because we know that Alex is a better qb than Troy does not make us worship Alex. Most of us understand that Alex isn't the answer anymore or a great qb like he was supposed to be. However, we do understand that he is a much better qb than Troy is.

like i said im not gonna argue with you alex worshippers anymore. good luck with your career as a member of the church of saint alex. it's obvious anything you say is not coming from your own thoughts but rather it's you speaking in defense of your faith.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

like i said im not gonna argue with you alex worshippers anymore. good luck with your career as a member of the church of saint alex. it's obvious anything you say is not coming from your own thoughts but rather it's you speaking in defense of your faith.

lol. you Haters have it all wrong. it's too funny or too sad. i can't decide.
Originally posted by boast:

Why does believing that Alex is our best option have to mean we love him? It doesn't suggest he's great. It doesn't suggest we don't want someone better.

For the record, I think he's solid..not great...not bad...but a far cry better than anyone else on the roster. If we had the rest of the team running on all 8, he would look a lot better...he's just not good enough to carry the team when everything is falling apart.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by boast:

Why does believing that Alex is our best option have to mean we love him? It doesn't suggest he's great. It doesn't suggest we don't want someone better.

For the record, I think he's solid..not great...not bad...but a far cry better than anyone else on the roster. If we had the rest of the team running on all 8, he would look a lot better...he's just not good enough to carry the team when everything is falling apart.

so what happens to be your position in the church of saint alex? let me take a shot in the dark and guess you are one of alex's altar boys. what did your family think about switching your faith to alexanity?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

What does the Chiefs have...Never heard of Crennel and Weiss. Damn, that's the two original guys that went to the SB with the Pat

I'm not exactly sure WTH your point is and yes I have heard of those coaches???

Try re-reading what I wrote:

Calm down man, I'm actually on your side. Just being sarcastic. Todd Haley was smart enough to get these guys. Unlike Singletary with Raye.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2010 at 08:58:10 ]

so what happens to be your position in the church of saint alex? let me take a shot in the dark and guess you are one of alex's altar boys. what did your family think about switching your faith to alexanity?

Did you not read my post or simply not comprehend the words that were written?

Because he STINKS.
  • Jiks
Troyscuses...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

i wouldn't waste your time, man. he is obviously just trying to incite.

give it up, Gem.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran

i can't take anything you worshippers of Saint Alex say seriously. Your devotion to your faith has rendered any football related thought you form worthless. until the spirit of Alex is exorcised from your being your thoughts on the game of football are worthless.

i can't take anything you worshippers of Saint Alex say seriously. Your devotion to your faith has rendered any football related thought you form worthless. until the spirit of Alex is exorcised from your being your thoughts on the game of football are worthless.

Share 49ersWebzone