There are 257 users in the forums

Why in the hell did we bench Troy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know he was struggling early but was catching grove. His last possesion he drove what would have been and go ahead chip shot field goal that the kicker missed. Then next possesion the worst qb in the NFL is in
Originally posted by darkknight49:
so his completion percentages are now as follows:

63.2%
60.7%
51.6%
47.8%
40.0%
36.8%

I said earlier this is why Troy shouldnt start and people still insist he's better than Alex Smith.
Because he had just driven the team into the redzone and the kicker missed the FG to go ahead. It's Troy's fault the kicker missed. Damn you, TROY!!!
Alex Smith did okay when he came in. He put up better numbers in two drives than Troy did throughout the entire game.

But the whole situation was handled poorly. Alex Smith generally handles the offense better. HE should have gotten the start. If he struggled, you put in the guy with the intangibles... the guy who goes HOT when the game is on the line.

But it doesn't matter anymore. Our season is over.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Because he had just driven the team into the redzone and the kicker missed the FG to go ahead. It's Troy's fault the kicker missed. Damn you, TROY!!!

I agreed with him needing to get benched. Benching him after a successful drive WAS stupid though.
so his completion percentages are now as follows:

63.2%
60.7%
51.6%
47.8%
40.0%
36.8%

I said earlier this is why Troy shouldnt start and people still insist he's better than Alex Smith.

Yeah he was getting progressively worse game by game and it blew up today in St. Louis. 1 interceptions, 3 fumbles. I think we should have never gave Troy the starting spot over Alex. Alex is much better, and switching qbs messes up timing with the qb and recievers, stunts th growth of the oline and most of all takes important practice reps away from your qb.
Yes we get it, you love Troy. You are upset that we will no longer be having references to pickle circus or whatever and a hawk made out of wind.

Mike Dingeltary. The HC of strange ways.
  • mod
  • Veteran
because troy sucks donkey balls, he's proven that he cant throw the ball in under 4 seconds and he is not capable of throwing a pass under 20 yards. His lone TD was pure luck... As much as you despise Alex, he did outperform troy in less than a quarter of play.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
because troy sucks donkey balls, he's proven that he cant throw the ball in under 4 seconds and he is not capable of throwing a pass under 20 yards. His lone TD was pure luck... As much as you despise Alex, he did outperform troy in less than a quarter of play.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Troy Smith in 3.5 quarters
7-19 for 153 yards

Alex Smith in .5 quarters
10-17 for 120 yards

yep - alex has certainly shown a strong aptitude for carving up prevent defenses in his career...
Originally posted by abowers1984:

yep - alex has certainly shown a strong aptitude for carving up prevent defenses in his career...

to bad the Rams were not in the prevent defense
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Berating a qb on the sideline after every single mistake has got to be the worst coaching I've ever witnessed in my life. I admit, I didn't feel as sorry for Alex when Sing chewed him out, but now again with Troy? I'm so glad he's gone.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Troy Smith in 3.5 quarters
7-19 for 153 yards

Alex Smith in .5 quarters
10-17 for 120 yards

Actually 10-15

[ Edited by vaden on Dec 27, 2010 at 02:55:42 ]
Share 49ersWebzone